Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag!  (Read 11240 times)
Lord_Fitz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 02:01:52 AM »

quick question:  With these two sabers, are the LEDs easily removable?  If so, how does one go about it?

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 04:30:38 AM »

If you want easily removable LED modules, I would look at ordering a saber with quick disconnects.  Without them, you'd have to snip wires and splice in the new module.  With them, the LED modules have connectors between the LED and power source that are easily exchanged and simply clip into place.  Grab bags typically won't have those, since they're simply grabbed and shipped.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Lord_Fitz
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Niassa
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 31

Niassa - Lady of the Force's Will

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »

Just got my second grab bag in today.  From what I have seen I believe that it is a Dark standard issue with vertical grooves.  It is amazing to hold! The vertical grooves really make it feel like it is not going to slip at all.

I got a GB setup very similar to yours. Cheesy

GB Liberator v2 and a BR Dominix v2! I couldn't possibly be happier!

Like you, I didn't order batteries, but US - G-d love them, shipped them anyway! In my other threads, I've suggested it, so I'll also suggest it here, it seems clear that US loves their customers because they always seem to include little extras like this. I would recommend/ask that when you place a GB order, you request batteries anyway. I know that a few cheap alkalines aren't worth a $1.50, especially here in the Outer Rim territories, but it IS worth it to show US that we appreciate them and their work, too!

It's almost like Deep looks at peoples' posts or something, because it seems so many people get what they wanted, even if they didn't know it yet! I have big hands so using an Initiate would be difficult for me, and that's become my new fear of the GB. Ah well, no more roulette for a while - I need to get my hands on an Arbiter next, loaded with the works.

"I am the Force's ally - My only desire is the Force's Will." - Niassa, Corellian Jedi with Dark leanings, but always serves the light.

Sabers:
SRD Prophecy v3
GB Liberator v2 - 616 Sound
BR Dominix v2

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 06:13:13 PM »

You can attack a covertech wheel to it fairly easily. You could either order one from US, or when you order a covertech belt clip on ebay most come with a wheel. Then you can either tap and drill it to your saber, or gorilla glue would probally work as well.

I'd be scared to use glue - imagine reaching down to your belt and you have an empty clip with just a wheel it it?   Shocked

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Araquay
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 12:05:48 AM »

Just got my second grab bag in today.  From what I have seen I believe that it is a Dark standard issue with vertical grooves.  It is amazing to hold! The vertical grooves really make it feel like it is not going to slip at all.

1 of : Grab Bag Sabers
[Blade Choice:UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Select Color:Blazing Red]
[Install Batteries:No Thanks, Got My Own] (batteries came anyways and had a velcro strap around them to stop any slippage of the pack)
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]

The red is gorgeous in the dark but is kind of washed out in the light compared to Guardian Blue. 

Side by side with the Standard Issue in Guardian Blue

Is that a covertech wheel I see on your new hilt? Did you add that yourself? Or did they send it that way?

Guardian, Arctic Blue w/ Silver FoC, Obsidian (2012)
Dominix V2 LE, Fire Orange (2011)
Dark Prophecy V2 LE, Sunrider's Destiny (2011)
2002 MR Force FX Anakin Skywalker AOTC (2011)
2007 MR Force FX Darth Vader ANH (2007)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:54 AM »

Nice. I hope to get this lucky when I go to order my 2 Grab Bags next week. Both will be in Guardian Blue though with an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade for me and my bro want to do a good Jedi vs Jedi gone bad video. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord_Fitz
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 04:52:55 AM »

Why yes that is a covertech wheel, and it was installed prior to shipment.

To get a wheel put on a saber that doesn't have one already you have to order the wheel and put 10 $1 requisition charges

Araquay
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 05:22:23 AM »

It looks good with a covertech wheel on it. I had US install one on my Dominix LE V2 when I ordered last ear. It's such a simple detail yet adds so much to the look of the saber.

Guardian, Arctic Blue w/ Silver FoC, Obsidian (2012)
Dominix V2 LE, Fire Orange (2011)
Dark Prophecy V2 LE, Sunrider's Destiny (2011)
2002 MR Force FX Anakin Skywalker AOTC (2011)
2007 MR Force FX Darth Vader ANH (2007)

Darth Bane
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »

I am going to get a GB if i can.  I'm thinking about having UE heavy grade with a random color.  This would be my first saber so i am hoping for a Sith color as you can tell by my name, but i really don't care that much right now.  As for the hilt i am hoping for a Dominix, Liberator or Standard issue, but like i said i'm not picky.  i'll post more if i make the order and if i do then what i get from it.

"you wanna buy some death sticks"

Shami Pemas
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »

my SY grab bag should be here on wednesday and i'm so excited.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »

my SY grab bag should be here on wednesday and i'm so excited.

Me too, I want to see what you got.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Shami Pemas
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 04:20:06 AM »

just checked the ups tracking.... ITS GONNA BE HERE EARLY! tomorrow is gonna be such a long day at work knowing there will be a saber waiting for me at home lol

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: