Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: All Wings Report In: The Rogue Squadron Thread.  (Read 7720 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »

Fondor was my favorite single player mission! I used to run that in the Delta-7 and the N-1 ALL the time. lol It was really great to try going through there in the Athersprite without using the sonic mines. (who put those on there anyways? That is sooo not canon... XD)

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »

Yeah, what was with those sonic mines anyway? They kinda dropped the ball on that one...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »

The flaw in an otherwise perfect game. The Delta-7 shouldn't have had them at all, and I don't think Boba Fett's Slave 1 was ever documented as still having them. Even if it were, the number they gave it was overkill too. lol Oh, and the TIE Hunter... yeah... have to say they shoulda just ran with what was already around and put in the TIE Defender. I hated waiting till Renegade Squadron to fly that bad boy. Blast it guys... now I wanna play again! XD

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »

I've had that problem, with lots of video games. They give the bad guys un-godly amounts of ammo and you get so little, it's bordering on unfair. I mean I understand wanting to make it a little challenging, but my problem is when challenging becomes unfair. All it takes is a little thought and you can make it challenging and fair at the same time.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »

Exactly. You know, I think I've only played one video game level of Player VS AI that was truely realistic. Maybe 2. The first that comes to mind is the Battle over Endor Co-Op from RS3/RS2. Followed possibly by the Ison Corridor Ambush, though that's a far cry from Endor's realism. And the second one I was actually thinking of before Ison Corridor was from an Ooooold Star Trek Game. Ya'll remember Starfleet Command? Well, if you can make it far enough through to get to the level with something like 12 Planet Killers attacking Earth... that's pretty realistic for what's going on I think. Never could beat that level... cost me the Essex too. Sad Hung on till the Enterprise arrived though, man that was epic. She comes cuttin' across my bow out of nowhere and saves my arse. LOL

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 08:28:23 PM »

Exactly. All I'm saying is the same rules should apply to all. If my X-Wing can only carry 4 missiles, why should his hold 10? If my lasers need to cool off for a minute how come he can sit on the trigger all day?

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »

And (kids, cover your ears. Grin) Who in the HELL decided that TIEs should have secondary weapons in EVERY FRICKIN' GAME? Seriously! Except for RS1, EVERY game has at least one TIE with some kind of secondary, and in most of them they provide the standard TIE with Torps! Secondaries on the Defender, Advance X-1, Bomber... okay. That's canon and makes sense. On the Squint? The EYEBALL? Come on! Take Renegade Squadron. They made the Rebel Ships with, I'd argue, the most realistic stats and handling thus far. The X-Wing might be a little sluggish, but other than that it's perfect. But they Imp fighters are all screwy! You can't tell me it wouldn't have been 'fair' to give the Imps double or tripple the # of fighters, and give them the crappy stats they're SUPPOSED to have.

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »

Renegade Squadron, who decided to give the TIE's SHIELDS!? What the hell.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 10:28:01 PM »

Exactly. Can we slap Lucas for the abominations he's allowed over the last ten years? Please? I mean, we owe the guy for creating Star Wars... but with as bad as he's been messing it up, our debt is paying off pretty fast here.

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:02 PM »

The Clone Wars helps make up for it a bit, but I think our debt has been paid.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 11:01:43 PM »

Well, a couple episodes have been extremely enjoyable for me. Mostly the ones focusing on the individual clones. Still... you've never read Courtship of Princess Leia, have you? That arc they did on Dathomir and Ventress (I totally called her being Dathomirian when they introduced her in the first show, BTW Grin ) basically through everything established about the planet and culture by it's creator out the window. Things like that have just really made me ticked at GL. He gave the author permission, allowed him to create the world, let it become established and accepted, and then said to another writer 'oh, you want to change all that. Looks good. We can make money on this. Do it.' That essentially is like giving the bird to the original author, and to all the fans that read and enjoyed that first work. He's saying screw you, I'm doing what I want because I can, and totally disregarding that it's not just his Star Wars anymore. it's famous. It has fans. He has to think of how the rest of the world will take new Star Wars material, besides what strikes his whim to be done.

But that's a very long, off topic rant of mine. To get back ON topic, I say we solve the issue by playing Lucas a VS tournament of RS3. Winner gets the Wars. Grin

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:58 PM »

I never read Courtship, and I'm not too fmiliar with Dathomir other than what we see in CW.

Unless there's something we don't know about George, I think you and I would kick his butt at Rogue Squadron 3.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »

Indeed. Gimme a stock T-65, I'll rip the boy to shreds.

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 12:25:53 AM »

I'm right behing you in my Y-Wing! lol.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 12:43:04 AM »

Hold on, let me make a com call and get a Psychotic Galactic Marine I know into his A-Wing so we can do this right... XD

I am not a color...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: