Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Best batteries for Aeon v2  (Read 711 times)
Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 14

« on: February 07, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »

Hi guys,

Most of my sabers have li-ion setup and sound and get great color with minimal to no fading over time.  My first saber, the Aeon v2 RGB, however, did not come with the li-ion option and I am looking for thoughts on what the best batteries to use for this are.

Do they make AAA li-ion batteries I can buy for it?  What do you guys use for maximum brightness?

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v2 blue anodized w/BR (grab bag)
SI v3 AS*
War Glaive Emitter (Dark)
*Obsidian

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 02:20:03 AM »

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as just swapping out the batteries for a new solution.  If it's currently running 4 AAA batteries then you're running the LEDs off of 6v and they are properly resistored for that amount.  If you use 2 AAA Li-Ion (and yes they exist, just a different name) then you're talking baout 7.4v.  A significant difference for sure.  If you're looking to change battery solutions your best bet is to find someone with electronics know-how (maybe you already knew all of this so you might be able to fix it yourself) or contact Deep at [email protected] and ask if he can upgrade your battery pack.  In the end some serious changes will have to be made.

Cheers.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 02:59:58 AM »

I ran into the same problem with my Archon V1 after the AAA batteries died.  I bought NiMH rechargables from Walmart (in a green package) that are doing well.  If you cannot find someone to upgrade your battery pack, this could be a good alternative.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: