Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Point tiped blades  (Read 2170 times)
zach skywalker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

« on: January 29, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »

Do you guys make pointed blade. I know tcss has them but do you have them in heavy grade.

Yoda"Try not do or do not"
Luke"You want the imposible"

Darth Pelage
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »

Do you guys make pointed blade. I know tcss has them but do you have them in heavy grade.
I remember that US had a pointed blade tip offer for a short time; not now but they might bring it back again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:41:05 PM by FurryJedi » Logged

Delete this account.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:18:27 PM »

Ultra Sabers was actually the first to make polycarb blade tips, both round and pointed.  We invented them and we're glad to see them become the industry standard.  That said, I personally prefer the rounded tip.  They are safer and more durable than the pointed ones.  Safer, because pointed tips can injure when thrusting, and more durable because the added length of the pointed tips creates more tension on the joint between tip and blade.

From time to time we'll get batches of pointed tips in and we'll offer to use them in lieu of round tips, but these will be rare occasions and it should be known ahead of time that some organizations have banned pointed tips for safety reasons, and there's increased risk of separation with the pointed tips.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 11:29:14 PM »

I've seen the bullet tipped blades that TCSS has. They're ok but I prefer the rounded tip ones.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »

Rounded tips are where it's at for sure.

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 01:01:21 AM »

I can completely understand why they'd be banned from dueling by some groups...for PT era fan films or display replicas though they do look more 'canon'. Though I never quite understood why the change to pointy blade sabers in the Prequels anyway? Why anyone would 'give point' with a self-renewing omnidirectional blade-of-infinite-sharpness when disarming, dislegging, dishanding or disheading cuts would be soo much more disabling/deadly [esp since lightsaber thrusts would be cauterized] never has made much sense to me; OT style rounded blade sabers should be more than deadly enough for any Jedi or Sith. Still I guess maybe Unca George thought it 'loox kewl doods' onscreen or wanted to be 'different for the sake of being different' from the Original Trilogy eh?

Tis nice imo to have a few pointed blades for non-dueling 'canon' purposes available occasionally but for 'go' rather than 'show' the normal rounded tip is where its at and it's great to know how Ultrasabers is looking out for its customers safety with its standard round tip design.

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 05:16:54 AM »

Many of my hits are scored at the blade tip and I personally wouldn't use a pointed tip. To much chance for injury or damage.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: