Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A long time ago...  (Read 3719 times)
Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -50

« on: February 12, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »

...back when I lived in California, I made a Star Wars fan comic: http://theforce.net/comics/fancomics/yodapadawan.asp

I'm new to the saber community and just wanted to say hi. I treated myself to a grab bag saber for the holidays and was really impressed by the quality I sprung for a 2nd one with all the bells & whistles.

I'm an artist and martial artist (Tang Soo Do, brown belt-about 8 years out of practice  Undecided ) and have always wanted to get involved with a saber club like the ones I've been seeing around the country. However, I live in the sticks of north Arkansas now where its bibles and banjos and anything geeky gets you odd looks from the locals, lol.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:36:33 PM »

I went through the first 5 pages, I gtg but it was SICK!

Here is a point.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:31 AM »

tyty  Grin

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:55:38 AM »

tyty  Grin

You're very welcome.

I'm going to school so that I can better illustrate my story.

I've created  it using music, it's a strange concept without explanation but I enjoyed reading that.

You guys should give it at least a try.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »

I realy hope you make the rest. I love the way you work the force into your comic, it's very moving and that cliff hanger on page 66 with the ....  and dagobah....ok I was about to spoil it but PLEASE SAY THERE IS MORE?  Shocked

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:18:50 AM »

I really haven't worked on this in years. It was an exercise in learning how to use a computer with my art. I think I had another 50-60 pages worked out, rough sketches and such. After about 10 years of trying to get into the comics industry without too much to show for it, I switched to role playing games and now my friends and I are trying to make our own boardgames & rpgs, of which I'm doing mostly the line art, but occasionally I'll do a color piece like the Eve of Doom here.

I still get fan mail on Yoda though, and who knows, I might pick it up again and redo it as a "Special Editon" Wink

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »

Just thought I'd share a drawing I did for a friend. I do believe this is my 1st attempt at Boba Fett

darth nicromonia
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -39

Embrace The Dark Side

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »

That is an amazing drawing of boba fett great job

Archon: Guardian Blue

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:44 PM »

tyty

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »

Read all 66 pages.. very entertaining stuff.. Gratz on a job well done. But you left there in the middle of a cliffhanger. Very cruel...

Why not at least finish the storyline and have a finished product..? Or do you have more pages lying around?

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 02:05:44 AM »

I have another 50-60 pages sketched out (somewhere). I still have stuff in boxes from when I moved to Arkansas from California, so they could be in storage. I had an "ending" per se in mind, but I hadn't drawn that far yet. Not sure if I want to spoil it just yet by revealing the plotline entirely. I guess part of me would still like to finish it someday...  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: