Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Journeys Worth  (Read 1426 times)
wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« on: January 30, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »

"Walking through a forest with no food on a planet with no name, how
more unlucky could we get?" picking a branch to be used as both a walking
stick, and a weapon. A human male and his company, a female togruta,
make their way to higher ground for a secure camp "It is not the astromech
droid's fault that we were hit by an asteroid." her eyes scanning beyond
the dense foliage, "besides, you could have piloted the ship yourself."
He looks at her with some degree of infuriation for mentioning he didn't
try to pilot the ship, he thought that the droid could do it alone, it didn't.
"Just ahead there's a small hill with no vegetation on it, that place should
suffice." as she skips a fallen log taller that an average man, "convenient"
as he circles around the trunk instead of climbing over it.

Night covered the forest and the three moons of the planet shown its beauty
to the vast dark sky. Starting a fire with the survival kit, Jared proceeds
to possition his bed besides the jedi. "By the way, you never told me your
name jedi." looking at her blue eyes that shine from the flames, "My name?
It is Sunika, it's good to have you with me." smilling as she said. Turning
over to look at the sky, he wonders why he even met this jedi, perhaps
by chance she mentioned about being "lucky" and an extreme one he has.
"You also didn't say a word regarding me being so lucky," his eyes following
at a shooting star, "that this whole thing has to do with it?" She now
reaches in to his mind, trying to reassure herself she didn't make a mistake
of taking this young one here on a uncharted planet, and feels that warm,
unmistakable flow of the force within him, he just doesn't know it yet.

"It's about being one with the force," she thrust herself through him
with a direct answer. It always work for her explaining this things to him.
"You are a force sensitive, a jedi prospect," she watches the moon move
"and that I can be a jedi?" he asked.

"Yes."

With a good nights sleep, they resume walking towards a hint of some settlement
of intelligible beings that could be friendly or hostile. "Could they be some
kind of reptilian?" pointing out a large gash scarring a thick trunk of a tree.
"I have smelled this scent before, they may be familiar to me when I get to see
them." As they pass by terrains of all sorts they came upon a village, as
expected they are not the type to be cuddled like ewoks. "We may have
trouble, see that transport over there?" pointing out a crude cargo carrier.
"Thats our way out, but to do that we have to cross through them."

"No need Jared, I can cover both of us."

"How?"

"You'll see."

Sure enough, revealing them selves from hiding was unnoticed. And now
heading towards the cargo ship, careful not to hit or be sensed by this creatures.
"This creatures are not what I thought they'd be," examining and taking
a mental image of each "never read or seen them at the academy." "I'm
not surprised," Jared looking very amused with what's happening "They
look dumb." Now at the entry of the transport, Sunika checked the surrounding
for any of the creatures and set in for the cockpit. Jared assembled the cargo
door ready for closure when one of the creature stepped in. "Sunika?" he
yelled, "Are we still in cover?" as his eyes lock with the bulging yellow ones
of the reptalian "because I'm looking at one of them!"

Sensing that Jared is in trouble, she quickly slid down the cockpit to engage the
creature. The reptilian quickly drew its blaster, a surprise to Sunika that it even
has the technology of a blaster. She knew it was too late for mind tricks, so she
drew her saber at the ready. The reptilian then shouted an alarm to his fellow
beings bringing everyones attention at the ship and two perpetrators. "I'm not ready
for this," Jared sweating at the number of green creatures in front of them, "you'd
better have a plan or we're dinner to them!" "Be still," Sunika counting down the
number of heads "can you wield a blaster?" "That's easy," now holding a rifle from the
cargo bay Jared saw awhile ago "its the aiming I need to work on." "Get ready,"
she grips the saber tightly "we're going to fight."

In a jedi academy located at  Abregado-Rae, a jedi instructor is looking worried
than usual. "I have been sure to lead my friend to the correct planet were the
force sensitive child has been located," telling to a droid beside him, "Why they
aren't here yet is what bothers me." "Do not worry to much sir," the droid
said with bleeping sounds, "I trust in Sunika to retrieve the lad safely. Who knows
sir, that they were delayed by a cosmic storm of sort." giving some relief to the jedi.
"If you a droid have such trust, I should learn from you then?" the jedi kidded,
knocking at the droids silver chrome head "I have to trust her fully then."

The hall at the jedi academy is cavernous, with large windows allowing sunlight
to shine through, tiled with precious stones derived from the planet it stands
on. With designed pillars to hold the ceiling above the people it shelters, and
doorways leading to many of its function rooms of the academy. "Master Ong-da,
may I have a word with you?" a fellow jedi came to the viewing room where a
jedi and his droid are having a conversation. "Yes, in a moment," turning his
attention to the jedi then again to the droid, "if you receive any report from my
friends return go directly to me with no delay." the droid nodded its head and went off.

The two proceed to a walk way beside the academy, below where initiates are training
with the use of force push at each other. The path is ornamented with beautifully cut
bushels of plants the gives the place an aromatic fragrance. "How did the mission go
for Sunika?" the jedi asked, "I lost contact when she jumped to hyperspace, after
which reestablishing connection is impossible." "I'm sure she's doing fine, after all,
you trained her to be as good as you. What could go wrong for her?" they now pass
by the great library with a huge window with a great view of the city and sky.
"Still, I hold my self responsible for her. Is this what you came for me, my brother?"
"One of the many things I want to speak with you," with a serious tone he faced
Ong-da meeting with his eyes.

"What do you know about Darth Caedus?"

Laser blast came from all sides of the ship as Jared covers behind a metal box, risking
a peek at the crowd outside he saw Sunika engaged with a large reptile. "Blast this,
all I could do is cower!" he then returns fire at the green reptiles hitting one directly
on its head. Sunika manages to decapitate the hands of the green reptile, climbing
behind it and sink her saber behind its head. She then back flips from the fallen creature
to another while waving her lightsaber below as she lands, with the creature cut
into pieces. Turning full attention to the three hiding from behind the crates, she pushes
them all with a wave of her hand then charges at them. Cutting one in half as it
struggles beneath the crate that landed upon it, she pulls one back and slamming it to
the wall beside a house, making it crumble in the process. The other kept running so
she deduced it is enough for it not to comeback for awhile.

"Are you okay Jared?" she calls for him, "yes! is it over?" he replied behind boxes
inside the ship "it is, prep the ship for take-off!" Having to maintain ships back at his
home planet, everything seems natural as he moves about with quickness here and there.
Making sure the fuel hoses are intact from the fight, and checking windows for cracks,
he then signals at Sunika that everything is good to go. "Take her up!" the ship's
hangar closes as it ascends to the sky and space.

Climbing up the cockpit and sitting beside the pilot, "Whew, I thought they're just bantha
brained species. Who'd though they have blasters? as he pats down his clothing of
soil and dirt. "This I must record to the academy when we get there." punching down
coordinates at the screen for the planet Abregado-Rae, "Where they get this ship and
weapons is a mystery that we can't deny. Perhaps my master can get details regarding
this incident." Jared nodding as if understanding, he's to young to understand this
details, "things will be clearer when I know what a jedi does besides cool lightsaber
moves and mind tricks." "You will, and from today you will be my padawan." The ship
then hums to the sound of hyperdrive engines charging then jumping to deep space.

D-4T6 is now at the academy briefing room when a message droid beeps to his attention.
"What is it?" he replied, the droid just sounded bleeping and making all noises that only
droids understand. "You are saying she has arrived from a jump? Marvelous! Thank you
for calling my attention, excuse me ladies and gentlemen. I need to make an urgent
report to my master, he wants to hear this dearly!" as his audience allowed, D-4T6 ran
to his master as fast as he could, if one could tell the difference from walking.

Ong-da had just finished discussing the terms with a jedi earlier when the droid
came to him with the message. "Master, Sunika has just arrived from a jump near
our space sector. And wants to inform you that the child is with her." Hearing this has
made the jedi's blood race, "this true? when will her ship arrive?" "Estimated time of
arrival is four human hours, it won't be long master." "Make preparations for her quarter
and the lad, they'll come home tired."

The landing area was a welcome site to everyone entering the academy, it is as beautiful
as landing on a gold platform by most standards. Unsightly is the ship that approaches
this otherwise perfect scenery, but what this ship holds is much more important than it looks.
The ship landed clumsily, and its hatch opens at the side with a bit of struggle from rust.
Ong-da has never been happier seeing his friend come down the ship safely, "Why must you
worry me Sunika? I waited for five days for a transmission from you, but I'll let that pass!"
As he hugged Sunika like a father that would not let go, "Master! Please, I'm too old for this!"
"I'm sorry," letting her go, he didn't realize he was squeezing her with some force.

"Why am I left out here? Where am I, and what do I do?" Jared seemingly ignored. The droid
then taps him on the back, "Master Ong-da has raised the woman you see now since as a
child, fatherly attention can't be avoided." looking at him with silver eyes. Sunika then turns
to Jared "I'm sorry Jared, but please follow me at the quarters. You can change there with a
more comfortable clothing." proceeding to the direction Jared follows suit. Ong-da is studying the
child not through the physical plane, but with the force. "The child has potential, not so speacial
but certainly a good future is in order." "Was he not like you sir?" D-4T6 mentioned behind the
jedi, " from an unknown planet to a jedi." "Yes, I am much like him." the master turns away.

Jared never worn any real "clothing", just rags and patches of skin from the creatures
at his home planet. "This is nice," waving arms to see the fit of his uniform "this is what male
jedis wear right?" Sunika has changed clothing that holds her form well, not to mention the
functionality and use of her wear is underrated "yes, that is what jedis wear where ever they
go. Is it not comfortable?" Checking his belt, "Certainly!" The two went down the canteen area
for dinner, as they have not taken a good meal since their travel. The cafeteria is pearl white
from the ceiling to the floor, dome in shape and has no windows. Tables float in midair and
seats are made of composite crystal with the same characteristic that of the table. Cooking
droids assisted with different species of chefs that make sure everyones palates are satisfied.
"What good is a hungry jedi? Feed him so that he may be well with the force." the motto of the
canteen written on the wall.

As the two seated, everyone from the academy came flooding in to eat. Jared is lost to the
vast difference of creatures coming in, "tell me they don't serve humans on the menu."
Sunika didn't know if he's joking or serious but assured the lad they don't. Having their meal
and satisfied greatly, Sunika sent the young man to bed before heading out to meet her master.
Ong-da is waiting patiently at the open viewing area at the top most section of the academy,
"master, I have a report regarding my travel for my padawan." approaching the master.
"I have felt that, it seems the forces of Caedus has influenced some parts of the unknown
region." facing Sunika with a serious look, "It won't be safe here any longer, with the coordinates
you originated from that planet is too near. An attack can be mounted here anytime."
"Thats not all, it seems any prospect of a force sensitive being is eliminated." she takes out a
holographic device and searches it for the logged information she stored, "these are the planets you
have given me coordinates, some had been recently visited and everyone of them lost the
flow of force they once have." the master agreeing with deep thought.

"I'll contact the head master for this issue, for now you must rest." leading down the stairs
to the open training ground, he held his arm out to the wide space before them "do you still
remember when we first transfered here?" "Of course master, you held me high as a padawan
when I took the test here." walking around the area, the flow of memories from the past flood
her. "You gave me hope on this grounds." The master looking high in the dark sky, "I want you
to help your padawan as you have done to me. You taught me how to be more than just a jedi."
Sunika understanding the responsibility she now holds,

"It is a journeys worth then, master."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:11:53 PM by wasd999 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: