Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bullet Tips & Covertec?  (Read 3918 times)
Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« on: December 30, 2010, 02:58:05 AM »

What would be the best way to attach the bullet tip from TCSS, thin-walled, and does anyone have a photo of how it looks?

Also covertec knobs, I'm attching it to an RGB Dominix V2, I'm thinking of drilling the hole right above where the battery pack is, anyone who has done either of these please leave some tips or comments.

pics of final customization will be posted pretty soon.

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

TridCloudwalker
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

A Jedi Sabersmith

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

The ONLY glue that keeps the tips on through heavy dueling is Gorilla brand super glue. If you'r only going to use it as a display/costume piece, any superglue will work. Just remember that a little goes a loooonnng way. Put a couple small drops around the rim of the bullet, spread it with the tip of the glue bottle, then firmly press it on. Keep pressure on it for at least a minute or two so the glue has a chance to work its way in capillary style and set. If you use too much, it wont grab and/or will leave some bad hazing.

As for as tapping a hole for your covertec, just remember to obviously remove your battery pack and make sure the wiring is well out of the way before you start drilling (tape it down to the wall opposite of where the hole is going; keep it as far away as possible. Drill a small pilot hole, then the one recommended for your tap. When you eventually get to the tapping, remember to go very slowly and use plenty of lube.

vash1128
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »

I'm interested to see how this turns out, especially the bullet tips.  Pics?

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:02:30 AM »

Thanks Trid, actually I've taken pictures of the unaltered Dominix V2 and have brought them into photoshop to see specifically how I'm going to paint it, my major influence is Qui-Gon's saber, but the emitter will have an Anakin feel...

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:54:58 AM »

Is the Covertech knob easy to install?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: