Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Connection lost  (Read 1996 times)
Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« on: February 19, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »

So I got my sound files converted and a sound configuration file all done up. But when I try to download it all onto my saber, it gets as far a 4%, and then says "connection lost". I've tried it repeatedly, and with two different USB cables. But the same thing keeps happening. What do I do, so I can get my sounds installed, and my saber running again?

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »

If you are trying to download your own sound files, have you checked to see if it does this with the stock sound fonts?

I'm just guessing here, but it is possible that you may have not converted your files correctly? 

Amanita
Knight Captain

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »

I tried this on my laptop, and the same thing happened.
As for converting, I made sure everything was converted to 48k, 16 bit mono before running it through the LSU converter. The converter won't take them otherwise.

Amanita
Knight Captain

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:46:20 AM »

ok, the default obsidian font works..but now how do I get the files I actually want  to work? The wav files are all sampled at the correct rate, I thought all I had to do was run them through the LSU converter? I know I left one clash file off thanks to memory, do I have to have the same number of swing and clash files or some wierd thing like that?
or am I missing something else?

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 05:14:47 AM »

First off, I am NOT an Obsidian expert by any means.

That said, I believe that all you have to have is one file in each of the categories (idle/hum, startup, boot etc). 

It is possible that only one of your sound fonts is dorked up, you might try uploading them one at a time to check this.   I would put just one stock sound in each slot (to speed up the download process) and then try replacing one of them at a time with your sound files.

I have not tried converting any files or even reading up on how that is done, so as far as I know you may have done everything right.  Still, it is possible that only one of your files got corrupted somehow.  If NONE of your files work, then you are missing something somewhere.

Hope that helps...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: