Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Are they ever gonna release this?  (Read 32816 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: February 01, 2011, 01:59:36 AM »

Just so you guys know, I was just on GameStop.com and they had the Old Republic available for pre-order. With a release date of 1/2/2012! So it seems as though it's been pushed back AGAIN.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »

Jeeeeeeze. This is getting ridiculous.

hayduke
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:50:59 AM »

Actually, Gamestop has had that posted for quite some time. I would guess sometime in the summer it will be ready

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »

I smell a delay.  Oh well.   Sad

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »

Hopefully that means more time to ADD more SW and remove some of the WoW [but not the Wow!] rather than vice versa. The Force is not 'magic'; just say NO to Jedi 'wizards'! grrrr

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »

I smell a delay.  Oh well.   Sad

Hopefully the last delay. It's getting ridiculous now.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

JediMouseketeer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 05:47:41 PM »

Agreed. A MMORPG will never really be finished. There will always be refinements to be made. I wonder what the overall response from beta testers are so far. I'm sure they have all agreed to a no-disclosure type of agreement.

The videos look cool. They just released a bounty hunter class video. Very nice.

May the Force be with you!

Rintor
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »

As far as I have been able to discern a lot of people are predicting it to release this summer. I think however that we might not see it until November.

"In half an hour I can put together a strike team of twenty soldiers, capable of succeeding at any mission, under any circumstances, anywhere in the galaxy." ― General Crix Madine

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 11:59:13 PM »

Hopefully that means more time to ADD more SW and remove some of the WoW [but not the Wow!] rather than vice versa. The Force is not 'magic'; just say NO to Jedi 'wizards'! grrrr

*drinks force potion*

Lighting bo-....I mean, Force Lightning!

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »

Quote from: Oni-Wan Kanomi

*Kills droid*

Oh look!  This battle droid just happened to be carrying a credit chip and a level 1 light-dagger!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »

I am willing to bet that e3 will announce the release date and start open beta.

Castle
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

The game is unlikely to be released anywhere around November due to the release of many big gametitles, (Uncharted 3, Metal GearSolid Rising, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3-UNCONFIRMED.) That is November alone. In December you have games like BioShock 3, Guild Wars 2, GTA 5, Final Fantasy XIV, Modern Warfare 3, LoTR: War in the north, Battlefield 3 and Diablo III.

I don't think I need to say more to point out it's unlikely for a release in the winter-period of 2011, marketing-wise.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »

I'm itching for this game to be released too.  Although if you think about games like KOTOR 2 which was released early and was subsequently somewhat of a disappointment due to it being unfinished, maybe it's a good thing.

Revan
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 04:07:38 AM »

I can sympatize with everyone who is upset about the release date. I have been following the game ever since it was first announced but I would rather Bioware and Lucasarts take the necessary time to work out all the bugs so we have a finely tuned game to play. That's just my opinion about it, but I would love to see it come sooner. I guess that with my job I just learn alot of patience haha.

MR Vader ESB Force FX,  Hasbro Vader ANH Force FX, Ultrasabers Oppressor, Park Sabers Graflex ESB, Dark Prophecy, SS Raven, LE Shock (girlfriends)

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 05:53:46 AM »

Just so you guys know, I was just on GameStop.com and they had the Old Republic available for pre-order. With a release date of 1/2/2012! So it seems as though it's been pushed back AGAIN.

Though this release may be legitimate, I some how doubt it.  God knows there have been delays on TOR, and there will probably be more to come, but I can tell you from personal experience (having worked at Gamestop for over a year a few years ago) , that I have seen Gamestop's release dates fluctuate all over the place before an actual date is picked.  My estimation is that 1/2/2012 is probably Gamestop's best guess.  Let's hope they guessed wrong  Undecided

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: