Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Are they ever gonna release this?  (Read 32807 times)
swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 03:05:05 AM »

The gamestop release date is NOT accurate. Gamestop takes pre orders ( I already got mine) before release dates are announced and put a date far in the future as a placeholder.

Darth Andronikus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -31

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »

i really hope this game doesn't turn out like duke nuke'em forever because if it does between that and KOTOR 2 TFU 2 and all the clone wars carp i may lose faith in star wars games
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 04:28:13 AM by Banerulz » Logged

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Jobius Rex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »

The gamestop date is more than likely a placeholder, don't trust anything unless it actually comes from Bioware. Personally I'm beginning to feel like we're going to see it come out in 2018 when they're done with the re-releases of the SW in 3D. (Not really but this is getting to be idiotic, 4 gorgeous CGI videos in and still no whiff of a release date)

Do not live only in light for you will be blinded by it.
Do not dwell in the darkness for your sight will not pierce it.
Only by embracing both your light and your shadow can you truly see.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »

Hopefully the last delay. It's getting ridiculous now.

Hopefully NO DELAY................ It is getting ridiculous.................  Angry and I don't know how long they expect to keep the peace in the "nerd ranks", we're gonna start burning comic stores to the ground here soon if we're not careful  Undecided............................ lol

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Darth Andronikus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -31

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »

i'm beginning to think that lucasarts just doesn't know how to make an mmo

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »

Yeah I agree, this delay is killing me.  Although on the bright side, it's giving me time to save up for a new laptop, which I will likely need to play the game!  Artorius and I are itching to play it.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 12:40:03 AM »

Yeah I agree, this delay is killing me.  Although on the bright side, it's giving me time to save up for a new laptop, which I will likely need to play the game!  Artorius and I are itching to play it.

Yeah, I bought a brand new Desktop (cost me about a $1,000) just for this game, I wish at the very least, that they would release the specs so that we can know for sure if our computers are up to snuff  Undecided

My tech skills are severely lacking here folks, so just bare with me Wink........  I am currently under the belief that, an MMO, runs primarily off of a external (to your PC) server (probably their main building in Austin), instead of running primarily off your pc's hardware.  I was told this, and believed it to be true due to the following..........  For an MMO to be successful (such as the currently dominant WOW), it must be accessible to as many people as possible, so that it can have a large base and a fairly constant revenue stream coming in.........  In other words, you don't have to have an "Alien Ware PC" to play your favorite MMO........

I had a laptop a year or so back and I played WOW on it just fine (and this computer DID NOT play many PC games well).  If I am correct in my belief, it would make since so that, Bioware and Lucas Arts could get as many people playing their game as possible, and not cut it down to only those fortunate few that have PC's powerful enough to play games such as "Crysis 2"

I thought I would ask those of you here in our community, that are far more tech savy than I am, if I was correct in this belief, or if the game is run primarily off of your PC's hardware?

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 04:44:49 AM »

No, you're right. To be successful, an MMO MUST have things like quality graphics, sound, and playability while being accessible to as many players as possible. Just think how boring WOW would be, if you had to be on a higher end Alien Ware computer to even have any thing close to a decent playing experience. Even people who DO have those computers wouldn't play, because it wouldn't be much fun, and it would get shut down in a matter of months.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:29 AM »

they are specifically designing the game and the graphics to look good on computers that are not "high end" They are doing this for the reasons you say, it would be sad if they needed a super computer to run it at all.

An mmo runs primarily off of your pc. and the pc of others who play the game. you send data of what you are doing to the server and the server sends that info to all others you play with or who are around you. the graphics etc are all on your pc. it is the info that is sent to the server and back that is on the mmo servers. this is why in raids you can get lag because the server is taking your info and sending you the info of how ever many players. sometimes your computers upload/download time may slow down. In essence the server is a relay for data between players, nothing more.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 04:04:59 AM »

the game better b as good as they r saying bcuz this is taking such a long time lol

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 04:10:58 AM »

No, you're right. To be successful, an MMO MUST have things like quality graphics, sound, and playability while being accessible to as many players as possible. Just think how boring WOW would be, if you had to be on a higher end Alien Ware computer to even have any thing close to a decent playing experience. Even people who DO have those computers wouldn't play, because it wouldn't be much fun, and it would get shut down in a matter of months.

Okay Good Smiley  This Is Good To Know and (as we have said) Just Makes Good Common Since Wink  God knows I don't have the money for an Alien Ware, and if an MMO required that, IT WOULD BE THE SINGLE MOST BORING GAME ON THE MARKET  Undecided......................... (they're would probably only be about 10 people playing on it lol)

@ to Swam:

Thanks Brother for the explanation on the tech side of this, good thing I never really got into the raids on WOW I guess lol Wink

@ to Darth Tratus:

Yes............ I am actually playing through KOTOR II again as I speak (because I do Love this game, despite it's flaws), but if TOR has anywhere near the problems that KOTOR II had, I will be VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!! and VERY PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry

Hopefully, this will not happen  Undecided

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 05:41:12 AM »

@ to Darth Tratus:

Yes............ I am actually playing through KOTOR II again as I speak (because I do Love this game, despite it's flaws), but if TOR has anywhere near the problems that KOTOR II had, I will be VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!! and VERY PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry

Hopefully, this will not happen  Undecided

Flaws? What flaws? Oh, you mean like the one where I'd have to downgrade my computer to be able to play it? Yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen this time.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »

Flaws? What flaws? Oh, you mean like the one where I'd have to downgrade my computer to be able to play it? Yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen this time.

Yeah...............  Undecided 

I know I'll probably get stoned for saying this (covers head with arms  Undecided..................)

But I beat KOTOR II again today (for about the 8th time) and I figured something out (prepares to run)

I think I enjoyed playing KOTOR II more than KOTOR I (Takes Off Dashing...............................................................)

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 12:42:58 AM »

Yeah...............  Undecided 

I know I'll probably get stoned for saying this (covers head with arms  Undecided..................)

But I beat KOTOR II again today (for about the 8th time) and I figured something out (prepares to run)

I think I enjoyed playing KOTOR II more than KOTOR I (Takes Off Dashing...............................................................)
reeally? i thinkk i like kotor 1 better. idk y. i have to admit though, kreia was awesome in that game

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 03:42:53 AM »

reeally? i thinkk i like kotor 1 better. idk y. i have to admit though, kreia was awesome in that game

Yeah She Was Wink 

Loved Her in KOTOR II, and Loved Her in Fable II, I Could Listen To That Voice All Day (kind of like Morgan Freeman Wink )

but yeah....... You can turn your non-jedi companions into Jedi/or Dark Jedi........ You Become POWERFUL BEYOND ANYTHING YOU COULD EVER POSSIBLY IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where as in KOTOR I you cap out at 20  Cry , I have never capped out in KOTOR II (I think it's 50) , this last time I beat the game I was a lvl 45 by the end (and that's because I exploited the Korriban Tomb Glitch)

Some of the Glitches are actually A LOT OF FUN  Grin (for example:  Duplicate Lightsaber, Super Lightsaber, Infinite Components, etc.......)

The Story in KOTOR I IS FAR SUPERIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!  but as far as gameplay.......... I've got to give it to KOTOR II  Undecided..................  sorry folks, I know it's blasphemy, but I've never been one to put aside what I believe just because it's not a popular widely held belief.............  I Ain't No Lemming Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: