Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pulsating LED  (Read 580 times)
Rogue Jedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:41 AM »

Is there a simple way (diode, resistor, capacitor combo) to make the LED brightness "pulsate", or "oscillate"?

My objective is not for the LED to dim to point of shutting off, but rather for a gentle rhythmic pulsating of the LED lumen output.  An ideal situation is for the LED to oscillate from 100%-80%-100%-80%, etc. of its lumen output over 1 second, maybe 2 seconds. 

If there is a suggestion box for the next version of the Obsidian soundboard, I would like to add the "Pulsating LED" option, giving us control of the frequency and lumen output.  Flash on Clash would deliver 100% lumen output, but the blade color could match the rhythmic hum.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:43:10 AM »

Believe it or not, this has been discussed before.  The guys are always working on things to make them better and better.  When I first got here, Flash was not an option.   I can see it being offered in the future though.  Everything in due time.

If you want it now, there may be some guys with WAY more electronics experience than I have that could assist. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: