• Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow  (Read 7843 times)
Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 12:06:29 AM »

I like that Oklahoma yellow. Very nice colour.

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

Darth Sky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Skyrim took my joke...

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 04:39:50 AM »

I'm really diggin the Oklahoma. 

I second that...

I miss Darth Maul... (Sad Face)

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 06:10:34 AM »

I like this topic. Grin

Obviously.   Wink

Kham, have you ever tried adding yellow filters to a SY LED?  I wonder if you could tweak the yellow or it would just filter out too much of the brightness...

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »

Obviously.   Wink

Kham, have you ever tried adding yellow filters to a SY LED?  I wonder if you could tweak the yellow or it would just filter out too much of the brightness...

If they made SY a single LED instead of an RGB, they could make variants using more green and orange.

IDK if the filters would translate but tweaking the RGB LED would be achievable.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »

I wish I knew how to tweak them.  With my luck, I'd cause more damage than just buying the filters.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »

I wish I knew how to tweak them.  With my luck, I'd cause more damage than just buying the filters.

Exactly, popping in a filter I can handle - reprogramming an LED?   Shocked   Not gonna happen.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

stumpy101
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 02:17:33 AM »

ive always wanted a deep gold color. r any of those yellows a color like tht?

my secret addiction= this website

Steampunk Sith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

Free Lightsabers Rule!!

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 03:29:50 AM »

YES!!!

This is sooooo Tasty.

Now there are four Yellow shades! Grin

This deserves points.

Kham I knew you'd be all over this thread, lol.
We need more fans. I think I'm going to start a Fire Orange Order, who wants to join the Grey side of the Force.

May the Force lead you to victory.
May your victory lead you to power.
May your power be everlasting.
---------------------------------------------
Darkside Points

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 03:34:40 AM »

Um... y'all know you can tweak RGB colors like yellow with Lee filters, right? I can go from an emerald green to Sithy red with my Liberator. Goldish colors are indeed possible with the filters, to answer the specific question I saw on this thread. For samples, look here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4962.0

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »

Kham I knew you'd be all over this thread, lol.
We need more fans. I think I'm going to start a Fire Orange Order, who wants to join the Grey side of the Force.

Not so much on joining a Fire Orange Order but I think it would be cool to have an order for everyone's favorite color.  Kham of course is the King of Yellow.  You could take the Fire Orange and I would love to see one dedicated to Arctic and Guardian Blue.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »

Not so much on joining a Fire Orange Order but I think it would be cool to have an order for everyone's favorite color.  Kham of course is the King of Yellow.  You could take the Fire Orange and I would love to see one dedicated to Arctic and Guardian Blue.

GB would be MAV.

CG would be Master Nero.

Grin

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

jedi hound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 05:24:05 AM »

Flash-on pics in a day or two.  Batteries need freshening and I want to set up my tripod for (non-shaky) no-flash pics.

I think I like Oklahoma the best so far.  Burnt is nice, more golden but the Oky is brilliant.  I tested the combo last (actually a day later after some run time) and while the batteries aren't dead yet, fresh batteries would give a color with 2 filters a needed boost.  There is a noticeable dimming in person (not as evident in pictures) with 2 filters.  Not bad but it's there.   

I just had a great idea for storing filters, unless someone beat me to it, in that case, I just took someone's great idea for storing filters...
I have an old hockey card binder and a crapload of blank 9-up sheets.  The swatches fit almost perfectly.  Only problem I see is that they're not bound in numerical order so it'll take awhile to put them in order.

I'd like to get a good background (maybe some white posterboard? black? suggestions?) and set up the camera on a tripod with identical pics and start going thru the swatchbook, obviously a long term project but sounds cool.  Yes, I would start with the yellows.

BTW, after all of this, I still think I'm going to order a SY module, if anything to use as a control for comparisons.

ARCHON V2 - Sunrider's Destiny
CONSULAR - Adegan Silver
DARK INITIATE V3 - Blazing Red
GUARDIAN - Dark Violet Amethyst
PHANTASM INITIATE V2 - Consular Green/Guardian Blue

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 05:38:34 AM »

Flash-on pics in a day or two.  Batteries need freshening and I want to set up my tripod for (non-shaky) no-flash pics.

I'd like to get a good background (maybe some white posterboard? black? suggestions?) and set up the camera on a tripod with identical pics and start going thru the swatchbook, obviously a long term project but sounds cool.  Yes, I would start with the yellows.

BTW, after all of this, I still think I'm going to order a SY module, if anything to use as a control for comparisons.

Black and white are good so long as the background inst reflective.

I usually do my pictures on my bed which has a satin top sheet. I just recently took some pictures so I'll post them to compare to.

Satin Sheet.

Matte Comforter cover.

Up close.

It looks to be that SY is closest to Burnt Yellow.

NavyGodzilla
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »

Very nice Jedi Hound.  Will you be able to do some shades of red or other colours?  This really sells the use of Lee filters.   

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: