Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Nero's Consular, aka "the Maverick"  (Read 16044 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« on: February 27, 2012, 02:55:13 PM »

It has been such a long time since I posted a review, so here goes nothing...

Last week I was ecstatic to hear that my Consular had shipped!  Being the impatient jerk I am, I went with 2-day shipping (Artorius and I had plans to see TPM this weekend, sabers on hip).  On Thursday it arrived at last.  Luckily the lady was home to sign for it (she won MAJOR points for that), so it was waiting when I got there.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten a great deal of time to take pics and really go into detail on it, so I'll just do my best with what I have.

Here it is with Consular Green (come on, I just had to order it in that color!).  I actually quite like the red AV switch on it!

And there is Sentinel Yellow!

As for my review, we'll start with this:

Hilt:  I really do like the hilt, it's detailed enough to be attractive but still functions as a simple dueling saber.  Definitely reminiscent of Qui-Gon's saber, I totally feel like taking on Darth Maul in the desert (NOT in a Theed reactor, that part didn't turn out as well for the poor guy).  At first I was not particularly thrilled with the covertec wheel placement, as I felt should be more towards the pommel, but I found that it fits quite well on your belt regardless.  In addition, this placement allows for a second hand to grip the bottom of the saber for two-handed wielding.  Even a hand as big as mine fits on there!

Soundboard:  This is my first customizable Obsidian board, as the one in my Luke is not easily accessible.  Let me just say that the ability to so easily swap sounds and edit settings... totally awesome.  I prefer a bit more sensitivity, so I just turned down the threshold and it's much better.

Colors:  Consular Green is, as always, bright and beautiful.  I never tire of it (obviously).  Sentinel Yellow is... different.  Very much a different color, I love it for its uniqueness (and because yellow is an awesome color for a saber).  It's not QUITE what I imagined, but  maybe that's just because I've been listening to Kham-Ryn rant about it.  You let him talk it up and you'll expect a sun bursting out of your hilt!

Let me just add as a final note that I wanted to switch shipping addresses after ordering, so I shot Deep an email and he took care of it no problem.  Thanks for that one, Deep!

I'll post more when I get some time Wink

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »

That is one gorgeous hilt, the SY looks awesome, too. What blade type do you have in it?

no

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »

That is one gorgeous hilt, the SY looks awesome, too. What blade type do you have in it?

I ordered it with regular midgrade (my fave).  Haven't gotten to try it with different blade types, perhaps I'll do that and take some pics.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »

Yay the review is here. 

Is your SY more Gold or Yellow?

M.J.'s is more Gold than mine; I assume it's because it hasn't been perfected.

Glad you like the color, sorry for talking it up. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »

Yay the review is here. 

Is your SY more Gold or Yellow?

M.J.'s is more Gold than mine; I assume it's because it hasn't been perfected.

Glad you like the color, sorry for talking it up. Grin

Nah don't be sorry, it's a personal preference thing.  Actually I like it the more I use it, definitely a unique lightsaber color (and it looks awesome with the red AV switch).

Actually I ordered two of them, one for me and one for MAV.  I ended up with the more gold one, while his is more yellowish.

Osmethae
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »

I think it's kinda cool actually how the forum colors aren't all the same.. offers a little uniqueness to a saber

Light side points please :]
CG Archon v2 customized to Luke's RotJ with Obsidian sound
BR Bellicose with Obsidian sound
GB Phantom Initiate v3 staff with Obsidian sound
DVA Raven with Obsidian sound

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »

Nice sabers. Did you get the standard shroud or the shiny one? And also are the Mid Grade blades nice and snug in the Consular blade holder or is there some wobblyness?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »

Nice sabers. Did you get the standard shroud or the shiny one? And also are the Mid Grade blades nice and snug in the Consular blade holder or is there some wobblyness?

Standard shroud.  I'm not a flashy kinda guy, so I don't mind not having the nickel-plating.  The midgrade is very snug in the blade holder actually, the whole saber seems solid as as rock.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »

Actually I like it the more I use it, definitely a unique lightsaber color (and it looks awesome with the red AV switch).

Actually I ordered two of them, one for me and one for MAV.  I ended up with the more gold one, while his is more yellowish.

Just looking at the two pictures that Red AV changes the personality of the saber when you change MLS.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »

@Nero. Nice. Glad to know the blade is solid even though its a Mid Grade blade. Is your saber a good spinner or have you tested that out yet? Seeing your saber in hand makes me want one more and more. I might just go for a Consular since I wanted one when Ultra posted the preview pic when they wen't to Dragon Con, well, it was in the video really. I'm going to get a Mid Grade Ultra Edge blade in mine. If you could, you think you can post a Consular spinning test video? I'd like to see the saber in action. Thanks if you can do that. Smiley

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »

@Nero. Nice. Glad to know the blade is solid even though its a Mid Grade blade. Is your saber a good spinner or have you tested that out yet? Seeing your saber in hand makes me want one more and more. I might just go for a Consular since I wanted one when Ultra posted the preview pic when they wen't to Dragon Con, well, it was in the video really. I'm going to get a Mid Grade Ultra Edge blade in mine. If you could, you think you can post a Consular spinning test video? I'd like to see the saber in action. Thanks if you can do that. Smiley

That's not a bad idea... I'll have to do that next time I get a chance.  Coaching is gonna get in the way for the next couple days though...

It's a fine spinning saber from what I've done thus far.  Well balanced, normal length (about 12"), good grip.

@Kham - I love the AV switch.  Like you said, it can look completely different depending on the color of the blade, and it just adds that extra style to a hilt.

Osmethae
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »

You need to make up your mind sir, or you're going to be in saber purgatory forever! Bellicose, Consular, Raven, Guardian, which damnit, which! Now you have me in constant suspense until you finally make up your mind on which will be your next.

Light side points please :]
CG Archon v2 customized to Luke's RotJ with Obsidian sound
BR Bellicose with Obsidian sound
GB Phantom Initiate v3 staff with Obsidian sound
DVA Raven with Obsidian sound

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 09:03:01 PM »

I'm just going to go Qui-gon with the lion and the gods of Olympus. Tongue (Get the joke?). Oh and also a guy that can breath under water and can do magical stuff. (The anime he starred in). And as said before, Ultra just has too many good looking sabers to stick with just one.

LINK
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 15

Its dangerous to go alone. Take this !

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »

Nice saber. I hope to own a guardian sometime soon. Great stuff !

■A lightsaber wields no strength unless the hand that holds it understands The Force.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »

@Zren you're forgetting The Scot, Rob Roy! And yes, he DOES kill Tim Roth after grabbing the sword with his bare hands!!

Sorry to be off topic...it really IS a great saber!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: