Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Going for a Grab Bag  (Read 9654 times)
Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« on: March 02, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »

Ok, so I got bored at work today and thought I would go for a grab bag. Been wanting to since I got my Prophecy RGB! I should really just calm down and enjoy the one I have but I just want one SO BAD! I'm like 5 or something. I love the liberator and I am kind of loving the blazing red of my current saber. I don't know why others have gone to the dark side, but for me it would be for the red sabers, so I would love to get that, but I went with random. I have my fingers crossed. wish me luck!

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:27:05 AM »

Good luck, hopefully the force is with you. I went full random on mine as well.
I got my first saber through a grab bag yesterday, a dark liberator v2 with blazing red and i love it.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:43:20 AM »

Grab bags getting trendy, eh? I might have to 'grab' one when I order my next saber Cool Especially now that everyone seems to be getting Liberators in it.... I'd love to get one of those.

no

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:15:38 AM »

I'm ordering 2 Guardian Blue Ultra Edge Heavy Grade bladed Grab Bags next week. Hope I get some good sabers but not a Liberator cause I already got one as seen in my sig pic. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 06:48:11 AM »

I got the notification that is has shipped and should be to me in Utah on tuesday the 6th! that's awesome turnaround! Not as good as Temple's because he is 30 miles away from them... lol but still great! I'm excited, but more of a duck on the water type.. you know calm on top, paddling like crazy underneath. Wink

*sound

ashtor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 44

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 01:08:45 PM »

im glad im not temple cause if i was only 30 miles away i would drive by the shop every  2 weeks and buy something

Teepo Paladin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Gray is the ONLY way

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 08:34:01 AM »

im glad im not temple cause if i was only 30 miles away i would drive by the shop every  2 weeks and buy something

I work with Temple. I have the address memorized for when I order my two grab bags this week

The Teepo Paladins were a small group of Jedi Knights who followed the teachings of Teepo and believed that the use of blasters and other weapons in addition to lightsabers was acceptable. Teepo Paladins who held more radical views eventually formed their own faction, the Gray Paladins.

Zivilin Bane
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

Man, I think Grab Bags may be the best bet for compulsive gamblers. It's a randomness and you ALWAYS win a lightsaber. It's win/win!

Can't wait to see what you get.

Lightside points

Peace through Overwhelming firepower.
Aeon LE V3 - Fire Orange

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 03:34:45 AM »

Man, I think Grab Bags may be the best bet for compulsive gamblers. It's a randomness and you ALWAYS win a lightsaber. It's win/win!

Can't wait to see what you get.

Hahaha, ok, that was pretty good. You get a point for making me laugh.

Ok, so I never understood why people were having dreams about ultrasabers, i mean, I like them and I love my Prophecy and am excited to get my grab bag, but dreams about it? No, no dreams...
...Until last night. I actually had a dream last night that I received my grab bag and immediately had to go rescue some one from some bad guy place and they had rigged the place to explode. Conventional means would take too long and risk too many people so I grabbed my Ultrasaber. It was a real lightsaber and that was handy because I just cut my way to the hostage and got out with plenty of time to disable the bomb. Ultrasabers saved the day.

*sound

Tremor1990
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:24 AM »

Dude, grab bags are awesome. I hope you get what you want.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 01:43:33 AM »

hey hey! I got my grab bag today and I really like it. It is a V2 Liberator in GB with a standard midgrade blade. The whole set up is really light weight and agile.

Blade color:
I think I prefer GB with an UE blade but it still looks great. I traded the blade with my Prophecy to see what people were talking about with BR on the standard blades and it looks very menacing. So I would definitely recommend getting a standard blade for BR sabers, but I still think BR looks good on UE so it's really just a preference.

Hilt:
The Liberator hilt was one i was hoping for, though truth be told I wanted a Dark Liberator for the nice contrasts on the hilt. The V2 is very slender when compared to my Prophecy and that is a V2 as well. It is just so simple and unadorned with excess material so the end result is extremely elegant and functional. There is also no covertec wheel making the entire length of this blade from pommel to emitter easy to hold, and only the activation button is there to get in the way. It makes handling this saber very easy. This lack of protrusions also makes modifications to its appearance very easy to do, but due to its slenderness I don't know that many internal modifications could be done very easily. But, I'm not really good at that sort of thing anyway. I love the emitter holes and I think that is one of the best parts about the liberator. I like the accent holes on my Prophecy but these go all the way around the emitter for a very nice effect.

I have taken some pictures of the hilt right out of the box and also with a little bit of a mod I tried out before going to work but I can't upload them until I get home, and that'll be around 10pm mountain time.

I really like my new saber and I think I'll do a grab bag for my birthday, and for Christmas, and any other time I can justify it Wink

*sound

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 02:20:03 AM »

Another Liberator.... hmmm.... hoping I get one for my grab bag but anything will really be fine. I just wanted a saber in AS and a 36" regular mid grade. Anyways, enough about my grab bag anticipation (although it's really hard not to go on and on about it Wink). You get a point.

no

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 07:14:58 AM »

It Came!! and before I had to go to work too!!!

Getting ready to open it!

Opening it!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owu2RswYZkM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owu2RswYZkM</a>

The Liberator in comparison to the Prophecy. Looks like my Prophecy IS the nickel plated version after all. Look how skinny the Liberator V2 is!

This is with the flash. I put some fur cuffs on both ends, I like it, but I don't know if I want to have just one or both... and if one, the one by the emitter? or the one on the pommel?

No flash and with the lights on.

Lights off. I really like the glow from the emitter part  Cheesy

From the other direction

The hilt in the dark. Love that emitter glow through the fur.

Anyway, just wanted to show you the awesomeness. Good luck all you grab baggers! MTFBWY

*sound

Sephradragon
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 7

I bear 2 sabers.They are part of Being.we are one

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »

Ok......The cuffs are a cool idea. I love seeing new ideas for customizations. GJ.

Plus the blue gives it such a cold feeling to it. I could see a jedi decked out in furs, on a frozen tundra wielding that  Grin

arsenal~
Bane~ RGB (nymphadora)
nemesis(pvc)- GB (gadget)
catalyst-AV (spirit)
dark catalyst-AS (soul)
Whether dual wielded or attached into the staff "Being" these 2 sabers are connected through the living force and can not be separated. For they seek each other out.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »

Nice saber. I'm liking Guardian Blue more and more. Glad I'm going for 2 Guardian blue sabers later today. Both will be Grab Bags as well. Just hoping for not another Liberator for I already have one but in Consular Green with a Mid Grade blade. Really is a nice looking and comfortable hilt. Easy to do spins with too.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: