Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Review: Aeon LE V3 DVA with Obsidian  (Read 9320 times)
Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -18

Consular Green Aeon LE V3!

« on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »

Hello all, and welcome to my review thread on my recently arrived (and by that I mean me home and saber waiting for me) Aeon LE V3 in Dark Violet Amethyst with Obsidian sound. I start by saying, I hope to have pictures up soon, I refuse to even attempt to use my phone as it won't do it justice. As I type this the batteries are on the charger so I can get a fully charged look at this awesome saber.
     Processing and Shipping: The wait wasn't bad at all! It took a week and one day from the time I clicked checkout to just now having opened the box. The weekend was the hardest part, but also knowing only my MR Anakin, I truly did not know what I was in store for. Also a tip: feel for which side of the box is heavier. That side should have the bubble wrap at it an no packing peanuts, although in my box there was only a small layer at the bottom.
     The Hilt: The second I unwrapped the bubble wrap from around the hilt I noticed such a difference, by comparison to what I am used to, first of which was that it was much colder to the touch than my MR and it was by far lighter, with the weight concentrated in a different location. But this was good the hilt felt more like metal in a way. The hilt looked much different than I expected, I mean it was exactly like the picture, but different. I think it's in the way the metal's machined, it leaves really thin groves along the metal, giving it a really good grippy feel. And the gold anodizing is simply spectacular! The top of the emitter is also anodized gold, in case anyone has not seen that in a video or read, and gives the hilt an exquisite look. (Only thing to say is that on the anodized part of the emitter there are two tiny tiny chip-like-dent-looking spots, and not right next to each other, not nearly noticeable when it's on or the blades in or from more than a few inches away, but of course we all inspect our sabers so I saw it) Other than that the hilt is perfect! The hollow pommel is cool, the speaker, battery pack and soundboard are definitely not coming out, to anyone wondering, it's all VERY secure!
     The Color: Dark Violet Amethyst is an awesome color! Right now the batteries are charging so I can get a fully charged look to be accurate, so I may mention more on this, as well as including pictures, later on. It really is a very cool color, although I did not know what to expect, when I turned it on for the first time out of the box it was so different, especially with the regular midgrade blade, from what I'm used to with the MR (and old toy plastic ones lol) it intrigued me. I couldn't appreciate it fully until my eyes adjusted to the presentation of the color, but it is truly spectacular. I can't say whether I like it better as a Jedi or Sith color, but essentially it's supposed to be a darker color in a light hilt so I can be versatile with it. Either story goes!
     The Sound: I turn it on and as the color appears in the blade an accompanying roar of sound signifies this saber is alive. I felt like I truly turned on alightsaber an I pressed the power button. A truly incredible feeling and the sound was much louder in a deeper way then my MR. Simply amazing and the swing and clash sounds are out of the box better than the MR saber. Just soo much more accurate! (The more I write this review the less time I think the batteries are going to have on the charger).
     All in all I could not be happier with my first US purchase, I also ordered a covertec wheel separately and plan to attach it soon. My only other concern is where the retention screw screws into the blade, do all create welts (or craters) in the blades (or midgrade blades) because otherwise im pretty sure it's not tight enough, but I don't know. Thank you very much Ultrasabers for a magnificent product and expect my business in the future!! 

It's hard to use Force Lightning with a smile of good intentions.

‎"To think us creatures beyond the need of simple passions is a delusion." - Yuthura Ban

Current Sabers: Aeon LE V3 DVA  w/ Obsidian & CG
Manticore BR w/ Silver FOC

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »

Nice review, just ordered myself a stunt DVA Initiate V3. You get a point, and looking forward to pics Cool

no

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »

Great review ! My newest saber was a Raven in DVA, it's a spectacular color!!!!! Excellent choice!

dark side points please

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »

The more I hear about DVA the more intrigued I become. I have never been very interested in the purple sabers but from what I have read and seen of it DVA seems to be pretty amazing. I would love to see one in person, but I don't really know anyone near me that has an US let alone one in DVA. Nice review so far, looking forward to your pics.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »

Thanks everyone! So far I am downloading the Old Republic Jedi sound font and it finished turned on, turned back off, I disconnected it pressed the button and nothing... So I'm reinstalling then Ill try charging the batteries again. So pictures might have to wait another hour or two.. Stick around!! Any tips on this are appreciated!

‎"To think us creatures beyond the need of simple passions is a delusion." - Yuthura Ban

Osmethae
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:44 PM »

Thanks everyone! So far I am downloading the Old Republic Jedi sound font and it finished turned on, turned back off, I disconnected it pressed the button and nothing... So I'm reinstalling then Ill try charging the batteries again. So pictures might have to wait another hour or two.. Stick around!! Any tips on this are appreciated!
Did you close the program before you unplugged it? If you don't the saber won't turn on. When it's finished downloading the fonts, it will turn on then off, that's when you close the program. The saber will turn back on once it is closed, and that's when it's safe to unplug it.

Light side points please :]
CG Archon v2 customized to Luke's RotJ with Obsidian sound
BR Bellicose with Obsidian sound
GB Phantom Initiate v3 staff with Obsidian sound
DVA Raven with Obsidian sound

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:25 AM »

Thank you Osmethae, I did figure it out just by thinking, hm what didn't I do yet. But I appreciate a response! To everyone waiting for pictures, we are having technology problems, so it may have  to wait till I buy an actual camera. More on that in the next day or so.

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »

Alright pictures should be up soon, what's the best site to use to upload your pictures here? Or link to? Cuz I don't have an account on any of those yet. Smiley

Sorry for double post, I'm unsure of how people feel about that here.

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »

TinyPic.com allows you to upload images anonymously. But if you have a lot of pictures, you can register with photobucket and take advantage of mass uploads.

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

The Hilt:

Comparison to MR:

Both on hilt shots (with lights on):

Just DVA (with lights on):

Both on (with lights off):

Just DVA (with lights off):

Close up of DVA (quite close to the actual color):

My Aeon LE V3:

I hope you all enjoy!! I absolutely love this saber, this is a fine addition to my collection (lol grievious) and I hope to continue to add to it! Maybe a mod could get these into my original post, I would greatly appreciate it!! Cheesy

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »

That second to last shot is a great capture of the color.

You should post it in the "Colors seen in person" thread.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tremor1990
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »

Nice! I'm definitely going to have to pick up a saber in DVA. Great score man!  Grin

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:46 PM »

Thanks Kham! This was taken using a Motorola Droid, great little phone camera! (In case anyone was curious)

And thanks Tremor! DVA is a pretty cool color, no doubt! The Aeon is a great hilt too!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »

Thanks Kham! This was taken using a Motorola Droid, great little phone camera! (In case anyone was curious)

And thanks Tremor! DVA is a pretty cool color, no doubt! The Aeon is a great hilt too!

NP.

I agree with both those little tid bits.

At first I wasn't very keen on it but I've learned to appreciate it. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »

Yeah, as far as the color goes, I actually really wanted a Sith saber. Red blade, black hilt, but I also wanted (in case this is my only saber for a little while) RP value (seeing as my friend is a dedicated Jedi and I've always liked the Jedi, I just see more sense in Sith ideologies). And I also think Revan is a kick arse Jedi or Sith, so I decided purple would be great, but I wasn't sure about a normal purple. So I went with a light side hilt (which in my opinion looks more lightsaber-ish and old republic era) but DVA . As soon as I saw it in person I knew it was the right first choice!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: