Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: "Jedi" and "Sith" Style Sabers  (Read 16312 times)
Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« on: March 10, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »

These past few weeks my friends have been complaining because all of my lightsabers are Dark. They say I need a Silver hilt to make a Jedi Saber, So Im just curious as to what you guys call "Jedi" Styled sabers and "Sith" Styled sabers. I don't think I could see some sabers as "Jedi". Like the Bane, Dark War Glaive, Raven, Overlord. But maybe thats just me. So here's my question for Discussion. What sabers do you consider "Jedi" and which do you consider "Sith"?

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

amizzer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Do, or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »

These past few weeks my friends have been complaining because all of my lightsabers are Dark. They say I need a Silver hilt to make a Jedi Saber, So Im just curious as to what you guys call "Jedi" Styled sabers and "Sith" Styled sabers. I don't think I could see some sabers as "Jedi". Like the Bane, Dark War Glaive, Raven, Overlord. But maybe thats just me. So here's my question for Discussion. What sabers do you consider "Jedi" and which do you consider "Sith"?

The Consular and Guardian for sure: Jedi. That's really all I can think of.

Cheers!!
Amizzer

Light Side points please! Smiley

The Force will be with you, always.

Consular - Consular Green - Silver FoC - Obsidian Sound

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »

The Liberator, Standard Issue, and normal Prophecy, normal Arbiter, Jedi. Dominix, Dark Liberator, Dark Standard Issue, Raven, Overlord, Dark War Glaive, and Dark Arbiter for Sith. So if you're looking for something cheaper you could go for the first 3 sabers I mentioned. Even the Bellicose could go both ways really if done right. Hope this helps.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »

When Anakin turned Sith What type of saber did he use on his slaughter house at the Jedi Temple? It's not the saber that makes you Jedi or Sith. You find the saber you like and roll with it.

dark side points please

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »

The Bellicose is a great Jedi saber!
I got mine with a blue AV switch (it was the only color available at the time, but I'd still have picked it).
And I always keep my Guardian Blue MLS unit in it. I think blue looks best on that saber compared to
the other colors I've tried, which is all of them except the forum exclusive ones.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Tremor1990
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:17:20 PM »

When Anakin turned Sith What type of saber did he use on his slaughter house at the Jedi Temple? It's not the saber that makes you Jedi or Sith. You find the saber you like and roll with it.

totally agree with this! It's all about preference and whether the saber is being used in a Sith like or Jedi like fashion.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »

I hesitate to label any of the standard sabers as Jedi or Sith.  It's all in how you customize it that gives it the personality.  Generally, however, I do think that the silver sabers tend to look more light side.  The darker sabers, however, seem to be generally "grey", giving the appearance that the wielder could go either way.

The saber that comes closest to being totally Sith for me is the Dark War Glaive, with it's black claws.  Someone on here also customized a pair of Dark Prophecies with DWG claws, giving them a very evil look.

Arakan Steele
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 17

AKA - Darth Xion

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

I hesitate to label any of the standard sabers as Jedi or Sith.  It's all in how you customize it that gives it the personality.  Generally, however, I do think that the silver sabers tend to look more light side.  The darker sabers, however, seem to be generally "grey", giving the appearance that the wielder could go either way.

The saber that comes closest to being totally Sith for me is the Dark War Glaive, with it's black claws.  Someone on here also customized a pair of Dark Prophecies with DWG claws, giving them a very evil look.

I tend to agree. For me it's the claws that give the sabers that "evil" dark side look. Even if it's silver, to me those claws just look too aggressive for a light-sider to wield. So the War Glaives and Ravens for me are sith lightsabers. But if you remove the claws they end up with much a different look.

I just don't picture a lot of Jedi running around with pointy claws protruding from their lightsabers.

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red (Xion's Flame)

"Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »

Well it's not so much the claws themselves for me.  I've got an RGB Raven, and it suits my Jedi persona very well.  Of course, my Jedi is a wookiee, but still.

For me, if there's anything that says "Sith", it's angles.  I picture Sith sabers having a lot of sharp-looking shrouds and windowed emitters of unusual shapes.

Zurth
Knight Captain

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »

The Bellicose is a great Jedi saber!

I was thinking about getting a Bellicose. Very nice and cheap Grin

It's not the saber that makes you Jedi or Sith.

True, but its difficult to find the perfect saber for a nice price :p '

I just don't picture a lot of Jedi running around with pointy claws protruding from their lightsabers.

I don't think it could properly fit into the Jedi ideals.

Lightsabers:

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »

When Anakin turned to the Dark side he didn't exactly have a lot of time to work on his wardrobe.  He was kind of busy slaughtering children and other people at the time.  They (Annie and Palpatine) might have lost the element of surprise if Annie had decided to go on a quest to change clothes and build a "Sith" lightsaber (although it would have been a nice touch if Palpatine had a nice red lightsaber all ready for him - "Toss that Jedi trash, and use this.. it was once carried by Darth blablah...")

Killing the Jedi Order off would have been somewhat more difficult if the Jedi had realized they were under attack. 

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »

@Zurth. The Bellicose would be a good saber for you. Heres an idea to do to it. Arctic Blue Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade, gold or bronze button whichever you like, Obsidian with blue av button and li-ions, black blade holder, and long groove pommel. I think the long groove pommel contrasts with the black blade holder best. Just an idea though plus the saber would look good too.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zurth
Knight Captain

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

@Zurth. The Bellicose would be a good saber for you. Heres an idea to do to it. Arctic Blue Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade, gold or bronze button whichever you like, Obsidian with blue av button and li-ions, black blade holder, and long groove pommel. I think the long groove pommel contrasts with the black blade holder best. Just an idea though plus the saber would look good too.

Lol, the Bellicose I was looking at was Arctic Blue, UltraEdge Heavy, Blue Button, Obsidian w/ Blue AV, Black Blade Hold, and Short groove pommel. I really enjoy the short grooved pommel as it gives more silver to the blade, making most of the black just trim

Lightsabers:

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »

Killing the Jedi Order off would have been somewhat more difficult if the Jedi had realized they were under attack. 

Mortis Cycle. Being the Chosen One sort of makes him the most powerful being in the universe.... okay not even sort of.... I agree it would've been more difficult, but it would've happened anyways.

For me, if there's anything that says "Sith", it's angles.  I picture Sith sabers having a lot of sharp-looking shrouds and windowed emitters of unusual shapes.

Darth Sidious.

Anyways, I don't find any sort of saber to be Sith or Jedi unless it's based on a Sith saber (the Bane, for example). I fancy myself a Light Sider and I wield a black anodized hilt with a red blade. No biggie.

no

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »

Simple a jedi makes his saber to his specification with what he has on hang and then personal preferemces.

Sure darker colors may appear Sith but look at dooku, shinney....

My sabers will be Jedi, and probaly all dark color or shaded and matte so as not to reflect light.
My idea behind this is um light reflects.. cant sneak up on those pesky sith if they see u...

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: