Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: "Jedi" and "Sith" Style Sabers  (Read 16310 times)
Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »

Aeons of all sorts, v2, v3, LE, regular, those are supurb. silver standard issues, the catalyst, archon, those are jedi to me. the war glave even all silver and jedi colored, just doesnt seem like a jedi saber. the claws dont seem very jedi-ish, more like a weapon Grevious or Maul would use,:P

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 11:53:15 PM »

I don't think there is really a "Jedi" or "Sith" saber personally. You find what you like, and use it. My next saber will definitely be a dark hilt but i still plan to use it as a Jedi.

Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »

Aeons of all sorts, v2, v3, LE, regular, those are supurb. silver standard issues, the catalyst, archon, those are jedi to me. the war glave even all silver and jedi colored, just doesnt seem like a jedi saber. the claws dont seem very jedi-ish, more like a weapon Grevious or Maul would use,:P

I agree the War Glaive appears sith and sinister in appearance. I believe Jedi would be more focused on preventing battle then rushing in with their sabers.

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

ashtor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 44

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 02:07:27 AM »

i don't know about  that  preventing battles  statement i was always a fan of aggressive negotiations

Zurth
Knight Captain

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 02:20:48 AM »

i don't know about  that  preventing battles  statement i was always a fan of aggressive negotiations

Anakin was a fan of those. Then he became a Sith and killed his wife. Definitely not a Jedi move Grin just saaaying.

Lightsabers:

Araquay
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 02:35:18 AM »

Regular Shock and Shock LE look like something a jedi would carry. The Dark Shock, to me, would fit either jedi or sith.
I would think that some jedi would design their hilt to be a little less shiny.

Guardian, Arctic Blue w/ Silver FoC, Obsidian (2012)
Dominix V2 LE, Fire Orange (2011)
Dark Prophecy V2 LE, Sunrider's Destiny (2011)
2002 MR Force FX Anakin Skywalker AOTC (2011)
2007 MR Force FX Darth Vader ANH (2007)

Arakan Steele
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 17

AKA - Darth Xion

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 02:56:47 AM »

Regular Shock and Shock LE look like something a jedi would carry. The Dark Shock, to me, would fit either jedi or sith.
I would think that some jedi would design their hilt to be a little less shiny.

Key word being "some" let's not forget Mace Windu Wink

I don't think the color of the handle is as big of a deal either way, but like I mentioned earlier I just don't see a Jedi putting sharp pointy claws on the end of their lightsabers. It screams "I am going to attack you and do as much damage as I can in the process!"

And while many Jedi are prone to cutting people's arms off.... the intent of a Jedi should always be to draw their lightsaber in defense only, never with an intent to attack.

The claws to me represent someone who is trying to intimidate their opponent, an easy visual of a predator quickly comes to mind. That is the mindset of a Sith, not a Jedi.

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red (Xion's Flame)

"Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 03:56:45 AM »

However, if you put it that way, I could see a Jedi purposefully putting intimidating claws on his saber.  If the claws are intimidating, the saber might not even need to be drawn.

I know if I were some punk with a blaster, but then a Jedi with huge, clawed lightsaber showed up, I'd wet myself and surrender immediately.

Zurth
Knight Captain

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »

However, if you put it that way, I could see a Jedi purposefully putting intimidating claws on his saber.  If the claws are intimidating, the saber might not even need to be drawn.

But what happens when that Jedi is going to negotiation with a planet and his saber is intimidating. Its definitely a drawback. The style of Sith and Jedi are almost one in the same and unique to their owners. I agree with most that a saber is your own and does not define your character. Which is why I want to put a War Glaive claw on my Dark Initiate but im unsure of the size of the holes in the Claw.

Lightsabers:

Arakan Steele
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 17

AKA - Darth Xion

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 04:11:44 AM »

However, if you put it that way, I could see a Jedi purposefully putting intimidating claws on his saber.  If the claws are intimidating, the saber might not even need to be drawn.

I know if I were some punk with a blaster, but then a Jedi with huge, clawed lightsaber showed up, I'd wet myself and surrender immediately.

It may be effective, but it's not the Jedi way. Jedi are supposed to project calm, and inner peace. They aren't supposed to be going around intimidating people into submission. Like I said, intimidation is a Sith tactic, not a Jedi tactic.

Now maybe a Grey Jedi would be willing to do that, but a true, "noble" Jedi following the codes of the council, no I don't think so.

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red (Xion's Flame)

"Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 04:17:21 AM »

This whole concept of "Grey Jedi" is hogwash. Dreamed up by the undecided. You either fall one way of the other there is no inbetween. plain and simple.

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Zurth
Knight Captain

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »

This whole concept of "Grey Jedi" is hogwash. Dreamed up by the undecided. You either fall one way of the other there is no inbetween. plain and simple.

Qui-Gon was considered to be a Grey Jedi, because he didn't follow all of the rules such as the "noble" Jedi did.

Lightsabers:

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 06:24:05 AM »

Maybe it's the society's preconceived notion that horns/claws are evil. It transcended even to weapons. Horns/claws do not translate to being evil (there are a lot of Zabrak Jedis). For me a saber with claws or pointy are not necessarily Jedi or Sith. Even the slanted ones. Maybe it's about other uses.

A Bellicose's emitter can be a good bottle opener without using the force, he he he. The Raven's claws can be a used in flipping patties and barbecues.  Grin

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 06:31:06 AM »

Qui-Gon was considered to be a Grey Jedi, because he didn't follow all of the rules such as the "noble" Jedi did.

More of Luca's Crap from the "new movies"

Dont forget  your force bugs

blaa blaaa bllaaa

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Zurth
Knight Captain

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 06:40:22 AM »

More of Luca's Crap from the "new movies"

Were the I-III not written before IV-VI?

Maybe it's the society's preconceived notion that horns/claws are evil. It transcended even to weapons. Horns/claws do not translate to being evil (there are a lot of Zabrak Jedis). For me a saber with claws or pointy are not necessarily Jedi or Sith. Even the slanted ones. Maybe it's about other uses.

A Bellicose's emitter can be a good bottle opener without using the force, he he he. The Raven's claws can be a used in flipping patties and barbecues.  Grin

Yea, but I guess for those whom have only seen the movies they only see Maul. So the Horns and Claws appear to be evil in nature. And Lol, I need a bottle opener. Coke is glass is the best.

Lightsabers:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: