Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help converting WAV to LSU. . .  (Read 6028 times)
faheyb
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 20

« on: March 13, 2012, 02:41:48 AM »

Okay, any help would be appreciated and I appologize if this is covered elsewhere but I am having trouble converting WAV files to LSU files.  I have been following the step-by-step directions given here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3244.0. BTW, thank you for the directions Darth Caugnien.  I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did without your help.  Smiley  But I get to step 10 and the LSU_converter.exe file wont open.  If I try from my Obsidian file on my desktop, I get a "Runtime Error 53".  If I try to open from the Obsidian Launcher, I get "Invalid File".  So, I can get a file to WAV format, but then I get stuck.  Will the Audacity program help convert the WAV format to LSU?  Is there another converter I can use?  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Dark War Glaive Blazing Red Obsidian
Shock Arctic Blue Obsidian FOC Silver
Raven SS Violet Amethyst Obsidian FOC Silver
Crimson Reaper Adegan Silver Obsidian FOC Blazing Red
Dark Prophecy V3 CG FOC AS Obsidian
LE Shock Fire Orange Obsidian FOC Silver
Manticore Sentinel Yellow Obsidian FOC Orange
Dark Initiate Sentinel Yellow Stunt

tiger salamander
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »

Hey,

Double check to make sure the LSU_converter .exe file is located in the same folder as obsidian.exe. The folder name should be obsidianusb. Try navigating to that folder directly and run it instead of using a shortcut.

Audacity (or any other sound program) won't convert WAV's to LSU because LSU format is a specific format just for obsidian.

Hopefully, that helps. When it doubt, try extracting the obsidian launcher again.

Currently Own: Empty Shock Hilt

Former US Sabers (Sold them): Raven SS RGB, Catalyst Fire Orange, Guardian Pyrestone Orange, Consular VA, Dark Initiate Blue

Other (former, sold off) MR Luke ROTJ, MR Vader, MR Anakin, MR Mace Windu, MR Darth Maul Staff, Hasbro Luke, Hasbro Vader

Jarren Vrekk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:45:03 AM »

Hey, having a bit of trouble here too, when I try to convert the files, it says only mono files coded 16bit @ 48khz can be converted. The files I'm trying to use are from another sound don't. How do I fix this?

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 04:40:12 PM »

I can only help with Audacity. But if you drag a sound clip into the Audacity window, you'll be able to convert your files to wavs that will work fo LSU conversion. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11033.0

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 03:28:55 AM »

Awesome, are there any other specifics besides 16bit/48khz?

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 06:31:19 AM »

Awesome, are there any other specifics besides 16bit/48khz?

Yes, mono is needed as well, even if using multiple tracks in Audacity.

Split a stereo track to mono and it works with both left and right tracks there. This is needed to add your hum to each of the sounds you're making. I think it's time to make an advanced tutorial on how to add a hum to each sound item to unify it. Smiley

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 11:38:50 PM »

Thanks, gang!
The hum thing is the truth! I just made a few Luke ANH sounds, and discovered that they had no hum (!!!) so I had to go back and add them. Not too horrible a task, but just a pain to have to redo stuff. Smiley

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 11:45:54 PM »

Thanks, gang!
The hum thing is the truth! I just made a few Luke ANH sounds, and discovered that they had no hum (!!!) so I had to go back and add them. Not too horrible a task, but just a pain to have to redo stuff. Smiley

The reason why I say make sure that the hum loops is so one adds the end of the hum track to the swing, clash or lockup, and even if the added hum is a bit longer than the sound it's under, the hum returns seamlessly. That's the secret.

Tol Freeman
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 12:26:57 AM »

I have been asking around the forum to see if there is a way to edit the .lsu files themselves. Where is there software so I can do it?

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 12:27:55 AM »

Follow my tips here > http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20620.0

I have used this method recently for my newer Obsidian hilts without an issues.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Archie_boy799
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »

I purchased a soundfont which came with all of the files in a WAV format. All of the files are formatted to Mono, 16 bit at 22050hz. when I load these files into audacity to change them to the correct 48000hz the audio speeds up as if its gone into fast forward. Any ideas on how i can get them to the correct format to be converted into .lsu without this happening.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »

Hi Archie.  This thread contains posts from 2012 and 2014 only.  Thanks for including yours but there are more up to date ones to follow.  Wink

This thread now locked.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: