Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab Bag review: Red Anodized Liberator V2  (Read 1705 times)
Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« on: March 17, 2012, 02:50:25 AM »

So I was very excited to get my grab bag today knowing today would be the day! It came at 5:12 and was opened up soon after and I discovered a red anodized Liberator v2. Already owning a Liberator I knew what to expect from one and all of its perks. However close examination of my order here, I am very sad to say.. and with much difficulty, I must express some dissatisfaction.. Undecided I will get on with the review.
    Hilt:
     This saber looks brand new off the shelf, no cosmetic scratches, no visible damage/disability. The red anodizing looks great! Adds a good deal of color and stands out really well. The insides are as they should be, no problems there. So what's wrong? Ill start from the bottom up. The pommel screws on right, however it feels like it it doesn't fit the hilt. It hangs over the side of the saber all the way around, very slightly, but compared to my other liberator, this is not how it should be.
 Sidenote: In some photos I have comparisons of different activation switches and blade screw placements on these two Liberator sabers.
     My next big issue is the emitter/place where the blade sits in the saber. The blades are of 1in. diameter and I understand how the blade socket has to be a little wider for the blade to fit snug, but not get jammed. But this blade socket is too big for the blade. So much so that my camera picked this up to the point where you can see how there is a huge gap when a blade is inserted. The emitter also has a very thin wall compared to my silver liberator.
     Overall I am a little disappointed with the saber.. it just seems like this saber leave much- to be desired.. I take into consideration it is a grab bag, but this saber normally runs for $89 as is, so at least I bought it with my reward points and at grab bag-price. It looks nice, but it just feels.. like I could have received a better saber. I'm really sorry to say this, hopefully I won't be hated for this negativity since it is my 9th saber.
      Color: I ordered this saber in Fire Orange to compare it to my pyrestone. I love this color! it is Rare indeed! A true jedi would use this color! It is probably the dimmest color I own, it doesn't have that light up the room effect, but it has an area effect that looks amazing! Even though the Pyrestone outshines this color, Fire Orange is as good as its word and true to its wielder! Very nice! I must say I would enjoy this color a lot more on a different hilt, but the color itself is very vibrant and lively!
NOW FOR PICS:
pretty hilt,

scrawny emitter wall,

The Big Gap, HG blade, thickest blade I own

Comparison

Color:

^ very close, accurate to what your getting with FO. more orange in person, but this is the idea. Very nice color.
Please leave responses if any, I know this was a grim review, but this is the first time I've ever not been satisfied with my saber. Sometimes things happen though:P My faith in Ultrasabers is not shaken. MTFBWY

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:03:31 AM »

Your review seems spot on and not grim at all, no saber is perfect. Alot of other members have be mentioning the liberators large blade socket, where the blade tends to wobble. In order to fix this get some black electric tape and wrap it around the base of the blade that goes into the blade socket, so it will fit more snug.  Smiley Other than that your red liberator looks awesome and fire orange is a great color i used to have saber with fire orange and yes it is probably the least brightest of all the colors, but it is very unique.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:07:00 AM by Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »

Thank you for the reassurance! And yess!!! The color is extraordinary, yet very humble!

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:12:08 AM »

The last shot's color looks like a sunset. Very nice indeed!

Niassa
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 31

Niassa - Lady of the Force's Will

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »

Sweet. I wouldn't mind getting one of the anodized Libbys in a GB - I fell in love with my Libby v2 GB from the grab bag. I'll be getting a v3 at some point probably with sound.

"I am the Force's ally - My only desire is the Force's Will." - Niassa, Corellian Jedi with Dark leanings, but always serves the light.

Sabers:
SRD Prophecy v3
GB Liberator v2 - 616 Sound
BR Dominix v2

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 07:34:05 PM »

Nice saber , sorry you have some disappointment . Great pics!

dark side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 02:05:31 AM »

My bro has the same Liberator and I have the blue one. I noticed the wider blade emitter and somewhat wide pommel. Not really an issue to me though. I think US wanted to place the button at a different place to see how it would look on a V3. Look at the colored Liberator and the V3 model. We both both of ours in Guardian Blue. My first Liberator is Consular Green but that belongs to my wife now.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »

I have the DSI V2, and also have issues with the blade being a little wobbly. I wrapped the hilt end of the blade with some tape and all better now.

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: