Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: SS Raven Review (First Saber)  (Read 4161 times)
LykanLunatik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Darth Malis

« on: March 17, 2012, 03:31:59 AM »

Thought I'd throw up a review of my first US Saber. Gotta say, I'm thoroughly impressed and hooked on US after this purchase. I've had it for a while, just haven't had a chance to write up my review. I'll post some pics along with it, but first, my specs.

Hilt: Raven
Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue
Blade Option:UltraEdge Heavy Grade
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup (Batteries & Universal Charger Included)
Sound:Yes, Obsidian USB Sound w/ Blue Illuminated AV Switch
Claw Version:SS Edition
Flash on Clash:No Flash
Pommel Version:SS Edition
Quick Disconnect:Nope.
Tip:Round Tip

This thing is a BEAST! I've heard it said around the forums that the Raven is the Claymore of US, and it sure feels like it. I think it's a good thing, basically meant for powerful strikes rather then fancy spins and stuff. Very pleased with going with the SS edition, makes the saber contrast well between the black and silver (makes it look extra sithy too)

Went with Guardian Blue, mainly because this saber is supposed to be kind of like something my Sith character would use. I know its kind of out of place for a Sith to use a blue saber, but I prefer something a little different then the regular red. I'm still messing around with soundfonts to find something that feels right.

All in all, great first purchase. One step closer to finishing my costume Tongue and US has a new customer addict!

Now for the pictures! Light may not be as bright, It hasn't died yet so I haven't had a chance to charge it

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:52:12 AM »

Sweet looking weapon ! I really like all the colors in a dark hilt. As far as Sith with a blue blade.. It's all on the wielder in MHO. Enjoy your new addiction. I know I am ! Grin

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:08:40 AM »

That set-up on Raven was one my choices before I went for the Bellicose. It's indeed beastly looking! If Raven is still available next year, I'll get one Smiley Enjoy your saber!

LykanLunatik
Knight Apprentice

Darth Malis

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:15:59 AM »

That set-up on Raven was one my choices before I went for the Bellicose. It's indeed beastly looking! If Raven is still available next year, I'll get one Smiley Enjoy your saber!

Bellicose might be my next saber, everyone seems to love it XD

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 04:21:48 AM »

Bellicose might be my next saber, everyone seems to love it XD

Yeah. I'm not a fan of TFU game series, but I seem to like the sabers inspired by that game! Like that Raven and the Bellicose. By the way, are the grooves on the hilt smooth to grip?

LykanLunatik
Knight Apprentice

Darth Malis

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 04:25:12 AM »

Yeah. I'm not a fan of TFU game series, but I seem to like the sabers inspired by that game! Like that Raven and the Bellicose. By the way, are the grooves on the hilt smooth to grip?
What do you mean?
They're raised up a bit, but makes it easy to grip

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 04:28:17 AM »

What do you mean?
They're raised up a bit, but makes it easy to grip

I mean, does it feel a bit sharp or still smooth even if it's raised?

LykanLunatik
Knight Apprentice

Darth Malis

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 04:34:28 AM »

I mean, does it feel a bit sharp or still smooth even if it's raised?
Feels smooth to me Smiley

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 04:47:40 AM »

This might just be because of my Wookiee pain tolerance, but my Raven seems to have smooth grip rings.  I wouldn't recommend trying to slide the saber through your grip, but they're not uncomfortable in any way.  More like having O-rings than having machined grips.

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

My Raven is my favorite saber of all time.  I love to see when new addicts get their first sabers!
I personally am not a fan of the blue for the Raven, but hey, who cares what I think, its your saber!
Congrats on your purchase

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »

Excellent choice! I really like my SS Raven in DVA with blue AV switch ! The rings are smooth and it's a comfortable saber to wield! It doesn't matter what blade color you prefer, the Raven is just a wicked looking saber!

dark side points please

jabbathenutt
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:52 AM »

nice review, i am looking at getting this US as i am an approved Sith Stalker in the 501st and i NEED this saber for my duelling
is it really heavy or still relativley light to use and spin while duelling?

looks pretty sweet Smiley

SL7813 Terror Australis Garrison
Southern Dewback Squad

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »

A fine first saber, I quite like that hilt in blue for some reason.  I'd like to handle one of those puppies one day, see how beastly it really is... I get the feeling that the claws running up the blade are responsible for that, but I'd have to hold it to be sure.

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »

The claws have a lot to do with it I think, but the emitter is also really thick, and the handle itself is fairly big as well.

My Raven has totally grown on me despite all that.  I got it for a real good price so didn't mind that it wasn't my favorite design (not a huge fan of sabers with claws).  After owning it for awhile, I am starting to really love it.  If only it had FOC it would be perfect..

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »

Nice Raven.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: