• Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RHS?  (Read 2413 times)
Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« on: February 06, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »

Just made up the acronym there's probably one already out, but it stands for Rechargeable Hilt System. I've seen it done occasionally by Vader's Vault, is there any possibility of seeing it here? A nice charging station where you can put your saber for display or while you sleep (or meditate like a true Jedi).

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:43:34 PM »

I agree. Sabers using the rechargable function is a great idea. Lithium Ion right? I think a recharge port at the bottom or top of the hilt would be awesome.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »

It would be awesome, however those things will easily add $100 to the price of a saber. Ultra wants to keep these things affordable.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 07:16:40 PM »

I could see it as an option though, just like the sound option. If not the LI batteries, maybe some other way to have a recharge port with a different sort of batteries.

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »

You got to understand...wiring up a recharge port is a whole other thing in a saber. Although it's not super hard, it takes time and problems can arise (albeit rare). Although all of my personal sabers have a recharge port and always will, I know how to repair mine personally. Do you?

It will just add more work for Ultra and the techs...and with the amount of sabers he ships out most likely isn't feasible in both time and energy. It's just easier for him to use battery holders...and it seems to work just fine, yes?

You are better just installing rechargable batteries yourself.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »

Rechargable batteries it is, hah. I was thinking of getting myself some recently, just been too lazy and regular Energizer Lithium batteries are just so nice. I will invest in some though.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »

You got to understand...wiring up a recharge port is a whole other thing in a saber. Although it's not super hard, it takes time and problems can arise (albeit rare). Although all of my personal sabers have a recharge port and always will, I know how to repair mine personally. Do you?

It will just add more work for Ultra and the techs...and with the amount of sabers he ships out most likely isn't feasible in both time and energy. It's just easier for him to use battery holders...and it seems to work just fine, yes?

You are better just installing rechargable batteries yourself.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:07:35 AM »

I use the rechargeable NiHM batteries in all my sabers, just wondering thou, personally I'm up for what ever's cheapest Cheesy

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 10:12:58 PM »

If we can figure out an in-hilt recharge system that fits our convenience/durability/cost/quality formula, then we will certainly be happy to offer it.  We did with he Wraith V2 because it had in-hilt recharge AND removable battery.  But the Wraith was a very special case for a very limited production saber.  Right now, just using rechargeable batteries in our sabers seems like the simplest and best solution.  With removable/rechargeable batteries, your power options are much more varied. 

You can use oxyride, alkaline,  ni-cad, nimh, lithium primary, and even zinc chloride and zinc carbon in a pinch.  No matter where you are in the world, there are batteries for your Ultra Saber everywhere you go.  When they need to be changed, you can swap batteries out anywhere you are very easily - no need to plug in your saber and wait like you would with your phone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: