Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Manroon's Arbiter  (Read 7942 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:04 AM »

Thanks guys! Yeah, I have to admit.... a good portion of my excitement for this saber before I purchased it was split between my guess that I'd be the first to have one in SY, and the guess that I'd have one of the first of these Arbiters. I knew of several that had shown up on the forums back on the last round of Arbiters, but after those disappeared a few months ago, and then these showed up.... I haven't seen any other reviews except mine. And only one or two other members have stepped forward to tell me they have one. lol

Either way, it's really a great hilt. I love it! A word of advice to any planning to purchase it though, I've found SY with Obsidian FoC REALLY sucks batteries A LOT. I ran mine on a fully charged set today, only used them long enough to change the font twice this morning, pulled them back out about 10 minutes later, then had them in for the half hour trip home. When I got home.... they were low enough not to be able to clash without shutting down. lol So if you get SY.... get spare batts with it. You WILL need them! XD

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »

That 10watt LED really sucks some juice, doesn't it?  Cheesy

BTW, that smell is machine oil.  There's some machine oil residue inside your hilt.  Doesn't hurt anything, but it explains the "fingerpainty" smell when you take out the batts  Cheesy

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »

Boy does it! lol I'm really having to watch to be sure I keep both sets of my Lith Ions charged now. Gonna have to pick up an extra set with my next order. Wink Maybe two sets to be safe... still have Otenbasan to look after too.

Machine Oil, huh? That's what I thought it was. My Dad was just sure it reminded him of something else, but I had a feeling it was some sort of oil since the electronics have been running perfectly. Not to mention it was a lot better after I hit the thing with some Lemon Pledge on the outside.  Cheesy

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 06:02:30 PM »

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »

ROFL tj you cheeky monkey

any whooo, yeah i have two obsidain sabers with foc and the batteries drain pretty quickly, but foc sure is awesome the arbiter must be a beast to wield  Smiley i think i recall a member a while back that bought two and made a staff out of them. using one must be hard enough but two?  Shocked

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

qroon
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »

Put in a War Glaive emitter on the Arbiter and it will be regal. It'll look like a sceptre!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »

The Arbiter is a total beast.  Grin She's actually pretty easy to wield so far though, but we'll see. She should be getting her first battle tonight. Wink

Also.... gonna just come out and say this now. I don't care for the War Glaive. Not my kind of saber, not my kind of emitter. Too sithly, and too angular. If I ever did claws.... it'd be Raven all the way for me, but then again I'm not a claw guy either. Too sithly. lol Besides, the emitter is one of the Arbiter's best features!

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »

The Arbiter is a total beast.  Grin She's actually pretty easy to wield so far though, but we'll see. She should be getting her first battle tonight. Wink

Also.... gonna just come out and say this now. I don't care for the War Glaive. Not my kind of saber, not my kind of emitter. Too sithly, and too angular. If I ever did claws.... it'd be Raven all the way for me, but then again I'm not a claw guy either. Too sithly. lol Besides, the emitter is one of the Arbiter's best features!

I actually have to agree. Even as a Sith saber, the Glaive just isn't my thing. I might consider a Dark War Glaive w/ silver claws though....

As far as the Arbiter, I'm not so sure it's my thing either. That design just doesn't look right without a control box.

(Sig by me!)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »

Teej, didn't I mention I'd be doing custom work on this? I'm sure I did... and since when I have I done custom work without at least thinking about a box?  Grin

Actually, my main problem on this one will be figuring out how to do a removable shroud without using screws....  Tongue

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »

Teej, didn't I mention I'd be doing custom work on this? I'm sure I did... and since when I have I done custom work without at least thinking about a box?  Grin

Actually, my main problem on this one will be figuring out how to do a removable shroud without using screws....  Tongue

I figured you would be, Wingmate! Can't wait to see it with a box!

(Sig by me!)

Mordhel
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 07:23:30 AM »

So the MLS unit won't accomodate just a regular MHS emitter without a choke/extension? Could you please provide a picture of how much space there is to work with when the grenade extension is removed? Thanks a lot.

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »

From the looks of it, I'm guessing not nearly enough room for the extra wire, let alone the MLS from the end of the main body to the power button.  To me it looks like less room than a Shock. and that has MAYBE a inch room when the MLS is in.

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

I like the Arbiter but its too big for me. I hope US does a V2 Rattlesnake saber. That'd be sweet.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »

I don't have a pic right now (I just had it apart for something, and I really hate having to open her up when I don't absolutely have to, especially since I just closed her lol) but I might get one next time I have to open her up for anything. But I CAN tell you right now that there is indeed less than an inch of room between the switch and the threading, so there really is NO room there for anything. lol

Also, a small update. Had the first duels with her last night... and it seems there's a minor problem. Had Pops take a look at it (he has some electronics experience), and we think we've got it IDed. I shot some pics a minute ago and am about to send the guys an email. I'm sure we'll get it all sorted out in short order. I'll let you all know how it goes! Smiley

I am not a color...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: