Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Trying to Get The Obsidian Working  (Read 3618 times)
amizzer
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Do, or do not. There is no try.

« on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »

So I wanted to increase the sensitivity on my new saber that I got today, but when I install the program with "setup.exe", it says:

"Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system.  Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setup again.  Click cancel to exit setup without updating system files."

So I did it, restarted the computer, and it's saying the SAME THING again!! Is this normal? Should I just keep doing it? What do I do?!!

Light Side points please! Smiley

The Force will be with you, always.

Consular - Consular Green - Silver FoC - Obsidian Sound

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:29:27 AM »

Belmont to the rescue!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn06zOvnkT0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn06zOvnkT0</a>

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

amizzer
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:40:43 AM »

No this isn't what I mean. Emory doesn't get ANY errors when he clicks on setup.exe, but I do, and I have no idea how to fix it.

mooski95
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

HELLO

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

try to re download the launcher i had the same thing happen to me hope this helps

Light side points please

amizzer
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 11:16:41 PM »

try to re download the launcher i had the same thing happen to me hope this helps

Nope, doesn't work Sad

katzsmith
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:00:05 PM »

My buddy wanted to go ahead and install obsidian on his pc to mess with sound until his saber comes in, he had the same problem on his pc (win xp pro SP2).  And this is what we had to do to get it to install on his pc.

With what has to be done I can not guarantee the stability of your pc during or after doing this. I hold no liability for anything that happens to your pc whether good or bad.

There is a LST setup file next to the installer called SETUP.LST,  make a backup of this file before proceeding, then right click and open SETUP.LST with notepad.

Under [Bootstrap Files] delete:
File1=@VB6STKIT.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),,,9/15/01 3:46:30 AM,101888,6.0.84.50
File2=@COMCAT.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister),,5/31/98 11:00:00 AM,22288,4.71.1460.1
File3=@asycfilt.dll,$(WinSysPathSysFile),,,3/5/10 5:37:40 PM,65536,5.1.2600.5949
File4=@olepro32.dll,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister),,4/14/08 3:00:00 PM,84992,5.1.2600.5512
File5=@msvbvm60.dll,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister),,4/14/08 3:00:00 PM,1384479,6.0.98.2

Once that is deleted save and close the file.  Run Setup again and you should be able to run it.  Ignore and Yes any "files in use" and keep any files that are newer than the ones trying to be installed.

This got the obsidian program installed and we messed with it for about an hour and seemed to be working without any conflictions or complications.  This wednesday when he gets his saber we will test the sensitivity and such to make sure it is actually running. Ill update this post then once its confirmed 100% working.

As stated earlier I am not responsibly for pc messing up as a result of doing it this way.  But it did get it installed on his computer and seems to be running as it should.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:05:33 PM by katzsmith » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »

Just try erasing the entire program and re-downloading everything again. Sorry that I can't help much. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

katzsmith
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »

The above method I mentioned earlier does not work.  As I cannot get his saber to connect(establish a connection) for the obsidian program to actually configure things for the saber. 

katzsmith
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 11:43:15 PM »

Nevermind, using the method i stated above does work and we can adjust the lightsaber (sound fonts, sensitivity) without a hitch.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: