Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers reviews: Dark Initiate v3  (Read 2180 times)
JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« on: March 27, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »

Hello everyone. I have several ultrasabers and have never done a review of any of them so I figured why not? I have 4 sabers, so let's start with the first one I ordered!
1. Dark Initiate v3
Tech specs:
[Color: Guardian Blue, Lithium Ion config, Obsidian Sound, Midgrade 32 inch blade, pommel with hole in the bottom, red flash on clash.]
Let me start off by saying that this is the saber I use for dueling the most. I also have it out just when I want to hit random stuff Smiley
The color is fantastic, definitely my favorite by far. It is a very deep blue and I love it.
Color: 10/10
Soundboard: The soundboard is great in terms of sound and uploading new sound fonts. However, this soundboard never stayed attached to my battery back. It came undone the first time I tried to change my batteries and it is annoying that every time I hot glue it back to the battery pack, it comes undone again within days. The sound is great and very loud.
Soundboard: 9/10
Battery Config:
The Lithium Ion batteries are a money saver, especially because this saber doesn't have a sleep function and drains battery power quickly. However, 4 of my batteries have died after only a few charges. The batteries can also be very difficult to get out without putting stress on the saber wires. The chargers also sometimes will only charge one battery at a time and not work right if you put 2 batteries in at once. (I have 5 chargers and it happens with most of them) Still, the charge time isn't too long and you can always put a piece of paper in the battery holder to cut off voltage to save battery life. In the end, a real money saver if you can get past the small issues.
Battery config: 9/10
The hilt:
The hilt is small, but very nice. The black finish is perfect and this hilt would be perfect for anyone in my opinion, especially if you have a long blade and don't want a huge saber and blade combined length. It is very durable and is fantastic, even though it is small. I love the hilt.
Hilt: 10/10
Flash on Clash (FoC)
My favorite colors are red and blue and they are a great combination. The flash isn't quite as red as I would have hoped, since it tends to be a light red or purple and only a true red at the emitter. Still, it still looks awesome and with fresh batteries it shows its true potential. The only problem with the flash on clash in this saber is that if you try to turn the saber off while FoC is going, the Red LED doesn't always turn off and you have to turn the saber back on and turn it off again.
Flash on Clash: 8.5/10
Overall: 46.5/50. I nice saber. An A if you are into grading Cheesy This is my first saber and it will always be one of my favorites.

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »

Here is the Initiate next to my standard issue which I will review soon.

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:01 PM »

Nice. I really like the new Initiates. Glad you like yours.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »

Thank you for the review, here is a point.

Enjoy.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:53:12 PM »

Nice review, here's a point.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: