Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Bane is back!  (Read 9504 times)
Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »

I'm very curious on exactly how the MLS works. Do I need to order another blade holder and LED (wiring as well) or just another LED and wiring? Also, just ordered the Bane in RGB with sound. If I get a single color tri-rebel (red is that I'm going for) will it be brighter with all three dice activated or will it be the same brightness as just the red dye on the RGB?

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 11:46:04 PM »

I'm very curious on exactly how the MLS works. Do I need to order another blade holder and LED (wiring as well) or just another LED and wiring? Also, just ordered the Bane in RGB with sound. If I get a single color tri-rebel (red is that I'm going for) will it be brighter with all three dice activated or will it be the same brightness as just the red dye on the RGB?

Really, with RGB there is no need to switch colors out because the RGB will cover every color VERY well. From what I have see, the shade of red is comparable to a P4 red (but that's just me, others may disagree). But I for one was very pleasantly surprised how bright each color was on the RGB saber I saw.

My advice: Stick with that you got. Your red will be just fine.

Eternus
Knight Officer

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 12:07:34 AM »

Cool. I got the chance to see a saber with a 10W and I kinda wish I hadn't hahaha! Couldn't pass up an RGB Bane though!

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Bane RGB

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 12:17:23 AM »

Cool. I got the chance to see a saber with a 10W and I kinda wish I hadn't hahaha! Couldn't pass up an RGB Bane though!

Running a 10W Red on alkalines is not a good idea anyways. That LED requires a boatload of power (remember, there are 4 dies running at the same time) and will suck your battery power dry quickly. I suggest a 5W LEDengine if you MUST have a nice crimson color. (not an U.S. option, but if you order more sabers that can have the LED swapped out, it would be cool)

toddshogun
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »

I have read nothing but negatives when it comes to using Tri-Rebels. I don't think the RGB in the Bane is a Tri-Rebel, at least it doesn't look the part. The tri-Rebel arrangement is completely different and from what i gather useless as a saber LED due to no applicable optical solution.  But I hear you on the adding up the LED output on a tri-red LED and getting more light output. Caine is right though -- the red is very strong on the RGB.  Ultra if you are reading this, what brand LED is used in the RGB Bane and other RGB sabers? In your opinion would it even be possible to get an even brighter red using a tri-red version of said LED with the FX soundboard?

I've gotta super secret Darth Bane project in the works. "Hyper Bane" will be the brightest loudest Bane produced.

My Ultrasabers Bane RGB:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9kZ0SquITI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHhWNaN0Oc

Eternus
Knight Officer

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 03:03:14 AM »

That was what I was going for with the comparison with the 10W. I was thinking running all 3 dice on the LED would maybe be a bit brighter than just the one on the RGB. The 10W is a battery drainer and expensive to set up... But it was really really bright!

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Bane RGB

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: