Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers review: Standard Issue Battle Saber v3  (Read 3055 times)
JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« on: March 27, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »

Hello again Saberforum. Here is review number 2: The Standard Issue Battle Staff v3.
Tech Specs: Lithium Ion setup, standard solid coupler, 2 solid pommels, 32 inch Heavy Grade blades.
Color
I chose Blazing Red and Consular Green for the two colors since I wanted complete my collection in terms of the three core colors.
The Blazing Red looks way better in Midgrade blades so I use those on it and the green looks great in heavy grade and especially in Ultraedge.
The colors are just great. Blazing red really is a true red and green is more and more impressive the more I see it. It is a lighter green, but I love it.
Color: 10/10
Battery config:
The batteries in sabers that don't have sound are way easier to change. The wires can be put under stress if no care is taken when changing the batteries, but overall no problems. The only problem is that since the hilt is more empty, the batteries can make noise when moving around inside the hilt whenever you are using the saber. Even when I use the Velcro strap that came with the battery packs, it is still difficult to get the battery packs to stay still.
Battery Config: 9.5/10
Hilts/blades.
The hilts are very nice and fit well in my hands. I have no problem with the hilts at all. The hilts are also very light weight, ideal for dueling. That's Aluminum for you. The blades are nice and well lit, they can take some punishment too. They can scratch and are hard to make look new again after heavy dueling, but still very impressive blades.
Hilt/blades: 10/10
Coupler:
It is a stock coupler that is solid. However it keeps the blades together very nicely and when the hilts form the double bladed lightsaber, it is not even noticeable. Great!
Coupler: 10/10.
Overall: 39.5/40: Perhaps it gets a higher grade because it is way more simple than an obsidian saber, but I have no problems with these sabers at all! They are great and never annoy me! Very good purchase. My only advise: maybe choose 24 inch blades since the saber gets very tall! Smiley Again an A for a grade.

Here is the green half. Sorry I have no pictures of the red side or of it together. I will gladly take them and put them up in this review if they are requested! Thanks for reading!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:14:43 AM »

Glad you like your saber. I love Standard Issues. Been meaning to get a V3, for some time now.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -18

Consular Green Aeon LE V3!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »

Nice saber! I'm thinking of getting a DSI staff myself, tell me, what do you think of the plain silver finish? I'd be much obliged, also I'd like to see more pics if you have them Wink !

It's hard to use Force Lightning with a smile of good intentions.

‎"To think us creatures beyond the need of simple passions is a delusion." - Yuthura Ban

Current Sabers: Aeon LE V3 DVA  w/ Obsidian & CG
Manticore BR w/ Silver FOC

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »

Well in my opinion, I think that black makes the colors "jump out" a little more. I prefer sabers with the black finish, but I like the silver finish just fine! When it gets a little darker, I'll post some more pictures of the sabers!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:37:19 AM »

I'm sure they'll take good pictures in the dark!! I look forward to them! Smiley

‎"To think us creatures beyond the need of simple passions is a delusion." - Yuthura Ban

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:44:12 AM »

Here are two pictures I took!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

Darth Vrenen
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:15:33 PM »

Nice pictures. Good looking saber for sure!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: