Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Staff of the Fallen - only cusomizing is a paint job for now  (Read 6013 times)
DarthHomework
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: February 09, 2011, 04:36:36 AM »

Here is my first real attempt at a paint job. I wanted to add gold striping, and i probably will, but for now

When a Jedi Knight embraces the Power of the Dark Side there is no reason to throw aside the tools of his trade in order to move on with his progression. The Aeon of the Light Side of the Force is just as strong and useful in the hands of the newly born Sith Lord as it was prior to this rebirth. As significant as the change in the Jedi is the change to the Lightsaber - bathed in the blood of the true fall: The Blood Aeon

No true bearer of the Dark Side will be whole without recognizing the strength evident in the Dominix and all that it commands in the fray of combat. This Dark Twin to the Blood Aeon represents a match of an uncommon conversion. The Blood Dominix has been christened as a pair with its fallen counterpart in the havoc created by this shift to the power of the Dark Side.

Either wielded in each hand or combined for a symbiotic rampage to put the universe into it's proper order of still darkness, these twins call upon the respect and fear of any whose path is so unlucky to be driven by their wielder, the Fallen Jedi, Darth HomeWork, Lord of the Essay.
The Staff of the Fallen. (I am a History teacher and I proclaimed myself this a couple years ago)

and the Blood Aeon lit up:

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
    ―Darth Zannah

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:03 AM »

Looks like a damn good attempt to me.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:17:35 PM »

What did you use to paint them?

DarthHomework
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:03:28 PM »

Rustoleum red paint for the Blood Aeon.
Taped the three sections that remain silver and put 6 coats of paint on. Each coat dries in like 5 minutes so this didn't take a long time.

Red and Silver for the  Blood Dominix. (And a rag)
Again, taped the solid black areas that remain. Painted with a coat of silver. Once that dried I put on 2 coats of red. Before the second coat of red dried, I rubbed the pant job with the rag (lightly) and this blended some of the red and silver while removing some all the way, revealing what black anodized area you see.

That is all I have done besides combining the 2 different types of sabers as a staff. I plan on streaking both hilts with gold spiraling, but I haven't got there yet.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »

That's awesome!  I love how it's not extremely different, but it doesn't look like the original either.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »

Looks sweet! Can't help but think you need to play Iron Man while using them though...

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »

Looking good.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Hett
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

the end is among us

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »

your blood aeon is awsome I might just do that to my aeon. not to copy you or anything. I just admire you work

BPStoyle
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »

That looks incredible!

How durable is the paint? Did you use a primer or a sealant?

Bryan Patrick Stoyle
www.BryanPatrickStoyle.com

DarthHomework
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 04:21:02 AM »

rustoleum red  - and rustoleum clear. not to sturdy paint. it chipped a lot before. Now I added the clear coat and it seems to be ok. I've had further upgrades and I will post when it is done. It looks more Iron-Man-ish and added some O-rings. I'm not sure if it doesn't look too busy now, but I will know when I finish. Fortunately if I don't like it I can go back to the red and silver.
Working on custom/hand-made Zabrak horns and a fleece sith robe. I am not a pro artisan for such things but I am repeatedly displeased with the "costume" quality stuff i get form Amazon and ebay. I will post some of that process stuff too.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 04:29:16 AM »

Sounds great. And here is a tip with the horns. Not sure what you are using, but I always try to promote clay. Go to Hobby Lobby or a store with the same stuff and look for stuff called Premo clay. Get the premium one if you can. They almost always have sales, so it wont cost you much for a little block. It is oven bake clay. Basically, you roll it and mold it, stick it in the oven, and you have instant clay piece. And it is durable too. Give it an arc at the buttom like a suction cup and all you need then is some spirit gum to hold it on.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 04:37:35 AM »

I like this. It's different.

As for the horns make sure you attach them to a latex scull cap first. Hair+Spirit Gum=Pain.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »

Yeah, if you want any around your head, for sure use a skull cap. Forehead should be fine. But as soon as the hairline starts, so does the pain.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: