Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need Help On First Light Saber  (Read 2362 times)
_Celestial_
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 04, 2012, 03:21:09 AM »

I'm saving up to buy my first light saber, but I'm not sure what to get. I've already decided on getting an Aeon LE v3 hilt, but I don't know whether I should get an UltraEdge or an UltraEdge Heavy Blade. I'm also torn between the colors Adegan Silver and Arctic Blue. Any advise and pics of the the colors would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:25:42 AM by _Celestial_ » Logged

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:31:00 AM »

AB left GB right

GB is much brighter i was really meh on the AB... its now in my parts bin

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Darth Skiorh
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -10

The Force shall set me Free

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »

You'll love the Aeon V3 LE:)  I love my pair, they just feel 'right' in my hands...and I'm sure you'll love yours too:)  As for the blade, it really depends on what you're going to do with it, I prefer the Heavy grade blades, but I like to unleash my inner Sith on things, and my trainer and I have already broken a few guaranteed 'unbreakabe' weapons blocing each other.  I also prefer the nore rigid feel of the Heavies, especially in the 36 inch lengths.  If you aren't going to be harsh on your saber, then you may find the the normal EU is fine:)

Phantasm staff (2 x Aeon V3LE, Bane\'s Heart-Orange FoC, Arbiter Pommels, Vented coupler, Obsidian - red switch)
Red Liberator v2 (Blazing Red)

_Celestial_
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »

Thanks to Temple for the pic, I think I really like the GB better than the AB, it's a lot brighter.

~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Darth Skiorh for the advise, I definitely plan on dueling so the Heavy grade sounds like a perfect match for me.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »

Thanks to Temple for the pic, I think I really like the GB better than the AB, it's a lot brighter.

~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Darth Skiorh for the advise, I definitely plan on dueling so the Heavy grade sounds like a perfect match for me.

The good news is Guardian Blue looks good in just about ANY blade... I have an Ultraedge Heavy Grade on my blue Redemption (a retired stunt hilt) and it's awesome.

As much as I love (and recommend) Consular Green, I just can't help but push the Guardian Blue.  It's just so bright, and pure, and powerful.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »

AB left GB right

GB is much brighter i was really meh on the AB... its now in my parts bin

That AB needs new batteries.  It will make it a LOT brighter.  Because it runs on two diodes (two colors) it eats batteries much faster and looks much worse when batteries get low.

New batteries will fix that right up.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

Here is what a real AB and GB comparison looks like on camera (which is why we don't do comparisons like these, cameras don't capture the true color, but I couldn't leave that picture up as a AB vs GB comparison).

I just took this on my cell phone.  The AB in on the RIGHT.  GB is on the LEFT.  The look virtually the same in this picture, but you can tell the difference in person, AB is a lighter blue.

But the brightness difference is definitely not as significant as the previous picture would lead you to believe.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 09:15:08 PM »

Here is what a real AB and GB comparison looks like on camera (which is why we don't do comparisons like these, cameras don't capture the true color, but I couldn't leave that picture up as a AB vs GB comparison).

I just took this on my cell phone.  The AB in on the RIGHT.  GB is on the LEFT.  The look virtually the same in this picture, but you can tell the difference in person, AB is a lighter blue.

But the brightness difference is definitely not as significant as the previous picture would lead you to believe.

That's a pretty great comparison pic, Deep.  The Arctic Blue definitely holds its own as a color - I LOVE it on Artorius's Bellicose, it's super bright and an awesome icy shade of blue.

_Celestial_
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:13 AM »

Thanks for all of the great advise everyone!!!

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 02:54:16 AM »

That AB needs new batteries.  It will make it a LOT brighter.  Because it runs on two diodes (two colors) it eats batteries much faster and looks much worse when batteries get low.

New batteries will fix that right up.

they were new Sad

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: