Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Gold Leader's Combat Stand ins  (Read 2584 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« on: February 11, 2011, 05:26:28 AM »

Okay, the pics aren't so great cause my camera is still MIA after the evacuation of Echo Base (I moved in Sept and I'm STILL unpacking XP) and I had to use my less than trusty Comlink (Cell Phone that was Ninja-Sith-Fried by AT&T) to take these shots. ANYWAYS, until I can afford to have a pair of custom hilts made to my exacting specifications, I bought a Prophecy and a Grab bag Standard Issue to stand in their stead for any combat actions which might arise. Of course, I wasn't about to run with a pair of sabers that look just like every other member of the line they came off of (not to speak lowly of Ultra's INCREDIBLE work, I just favor uniqueness in my blades). That said... I present my humble modifications, adaptations, and customizations! Please, lemme know what ya think! Smiley

That's the grab bag Standard Ish, Guardian Blue. It's had two things done to it. The first, you can't see in this picture. I had a friend drill and tap a hole in the pommel cap so we could add a D-Ring to it, which worked like a charm! Second, and alot more obviously in this pic, I added some GRIPS! lol These are actually a funny story, and quite literally another lucky find from my trash. I made them from a leftover piece of power strip I had, off of a lighting kit I had just hung in my home several days ago. It had a self adhesive back and was readily (well, somewhat readily at least...) flexible. The two copper strips inside the rubber part gave some resistance.... but I got through it, and I think it made a decent wrap. This next picture might show it a little better....

I started by slicing off just enough of my strip to put one band around the emitter, right below the retention bolt. After that, I started off with the remainder centered below the activation button, wound it up around the back, over the top of the button, down the side, around the back, and then spiraled around for three slanted bands beneath the button for a main grip. Unfortunately, since it was adhesive backed rubber instead of real leather or fabric... I couldn't thread the end back beneath one of the spirals to hide it. Still, I think it looks interesting with it on top. The two ends of copper band being visible makes it look a little more technological.

And here finally, is a picture of the pair together. The only mods I've done on my Prophecy CE is to switch out the covertec knob for a krussel. I just love the nickle finish on the CE too much to really mess with it! Though I'm glad I made the krussel mod, because the smaller knob is much better for the grip. It bites into my hand less, and the black color really accents the grip area of the hilt nicely. I'll see if I can get some better pics soon so you can see the new knob and clip better.

Oh, and for better reference as to the character what wields these bad boys... http://ranma-trekkie.deviantart.com/gallery/27525893#/d32uvka That's the profile of my Jedi. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »

Thanks! Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack