Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My new Dark standard issue v3 staff (Sentinel Yellow Blades)  (Read 3782 times)
shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« on: April 17, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »

Greetings Everyone

Got my new Dark Standard Issue V3 Staff in today. and finally was able to put it down as well as pull my camera out of my car  to take a few pics and do this review. So yeah first the specs I ordered it with.

Dark Standard Issue v3 Staff

[Blade LED Color:Sentinel Yellow]
[Blade 2 Color:Sentinel Yellow]

Prior to ordering the staff I was debating on if I should get in Sentinel Yellow or Fire Orange which I was debating for the past two weeks look around the forums and what not. Finally decided on Sentinel Yellow because I wanted something unique and I already had a PO Bellicose so I already have a orange of some type. And plus seeing Kham's and Manroon's sabers at WonderCon also gave the color a edge over FO. Love the color

[Blade Length:Initiate 24"]
[Blade Option:Heavy Grade]

Having handle my friends regular standard issue staff with 32 inches blades I felt there were a little long for my taste (I'm 5'8" btw) so I decide to go with initiates so I handle the staff easier, plus it would be easier to duel wield as well.

[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Staff Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Universal Charger Included)]
I already have Li-ion setup in my other saber so getting this was a non-issue.

[Hilt 1 Model:WITH Vertical Grooves Version]
[Hilt 2 Model:WITH Vertical Grooves Version]

Felt the regular look was a little too simple, so opted for the vertical grooves since it was no added charge. And I am very glad I did. Love the look and couldn't be happier

[Flash on Clash Hilt 1:No Flash][Flash on Clash Hilt 2:No Flash][Tip::Round Tip (Normal Lead Time)][Install Batteries:No Thanks, Got My Own][Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks][Coupler:Standard Pommel (No Sound)][Hilt 1 Pommel:Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound)][Hilt 2 Pommel:Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound)][Hilt 1 Sound:No Sound][Hilt 2 Sound:No Sound]

Did not get sound with this one since I did not have the budget for it and plus I already have two Dominix V3's with sound so if I wanted a staff with sound I can just get a vented coupler and combine the Dominix. Man its been a while since I last got a saber without sound, lol

Have not actually had a chance to test the staff just yet, going to do that tomorrow with some of my friends. And hopefully I can also find my tape measure so I can give you the full length of the staff for those wishing to know the technical data.

But yeah I couldn't  be more happier with the sabers. And of course UltraSabers' Processing speed, Ordered Last Wednesday Night, and it was build and shipped out on thursday.

Note: It was also shipped out by UPS. Not that I ever really had any issues with them. Then again I do live in So-Cal so it takes about two days for sabers get to my house and long before anyone does to play dumb and try to see if they can bent a box without breaking it.

And here are the pics

The Hilts-Again Love the look

Color from the Emitter

Color of the entire blade

Hope you guys found this review helpful. And I will have more input on how the saber handles after tomorrow night. =D

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Satesh
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »

Nice do you have a pic of them as a staff?

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »

Great review Shy.

Those are some fantastic pictures of the color; glad that seeing SY in person helped your decision.

Here is your point. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:36:06 PM »

A beautiful weapon worthy of any Sentinel Cheesy

point from me.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 05:53:04 PM »

You also get another point for getting initiate blades.

I assume you're going to dual wield them. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »

Oh wow lol

Talk about Sentinel love haha

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »

Seeing those pics makes me glad I ordered Midgrade blades on my new SY saber.

Cool

Belltower
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

Yesss.. I can feel your anger, gives you focus.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:59:59 PM »

love your staff, i was originally thinking of getting the Dark Arbiter but after thinking about it for a couple days i changed it to a dark standard issue v3. No sound though in fire orange.

"Say what again! Go ahead i dare you."

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »

Nice. SY seems to be getting more popular. Hope to see the color buyable soon. Wouldn't mind having one.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »

Sy is a great colour. I got my Dominix today abd love it. Can't wait to see it in the dark.

Really considering a dark standard issue staff now as well...curse you

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 11:09:43 PM »

Don't know how I missed this so long... lol but glad I could help in your decision! Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: