Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Review of my Darth Bane.  (Read 3518 times)
tevoyles
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 30, 2010, 11:32:34 PM »

First of all I am new to posting on the forum even though I have read this forum and others for several months. I have also been building my own versions of lightsabers using plumbing parts, sprinkler system parts, shelving parts and anything that seems to work and fits together. I have  been making my own blades from stock poly in 1" 3/4" sizes. They are not as good as Ultrasabers blades but Iam getting there. I like many of the sabers Ultrasabers builds and debated with myself as to which one I wanted to purchase from you. I chose the Darth Bane saber with a red blade for a couple of reason. First I like Darth Bane from that series of books. Second I like the blade holder style with that large head. In fighting that head would protect your hands and help in blade lockup situations. I like the black color on the grips and the grips are big enough for large male hands. I like the lenght of it as well. Over all a well designed saber.
I do have a couple of design change suggestions. Frist the blade holder attactment is in  my opinion weak. One thumb screw is not strong enough to keep the blade from wobbling when swing and or fighting. I have on mine already added two button head screws on the right and left sides up near the cutoff protion. The blade holder does not move now and these screws also help hold the blade itself. Yes it is a little more complicated to remove the blade but I want a solid blade so the inconvienance doesn't bother me. Lastly the area where the cutoff is feels a little sharp to my hand. Either it needs to be rounded over or just don't cut it off. More support for the blade holder.
Don't get me wrong I like the saber.
A Question can you upgrade this saber for me to sound at a later date or can I buy a sound card from you and if so at what cost?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:38:01 PM by tevoyles » Logged

darth badam
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 04:11:55 PM »

i was looking for the darth bane saber and couldnt find it on the site. was there only a limited number of them released?

Drazhar
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »

i was looking for the darth bane saber and couldnt find it on the site. was there only a limited number of them released?

The Bane is/was indeed a limited run, though there will likely be more at some point I imagine.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »

Thanks for the review.  We'd love to see some pics of your saber and the modifications you made to it.  (We love pics around here)

As for the addition of the soundboard later, it's definitely possible.  Just email us when you're ready to get it done and we'll set that up for you and get you a set price.

For the blade holder.  We'd put these through VERY rigorous test and trust us, the blade is very safe and secure in there even during the heaviest of dueling.  But the beauty of an Ultrasaber is its customization capabilities.  If you'd like multiple set screws or multiple screws for the emitter, our sabers give you the freedom to make your sabers into what you'd like them to be.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 12:08:03 AM »

The Bane is still available and in stock here:

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product_p/stunt-bane.htm

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

skywalker2005
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »

First of all I am new to posting on the forum even though I have read this forum and others for several months. I have also been building my own versions of lightsabers using plumbing parts, sprinkler system parts, shelving parts and anything that seems to work and fits together. I have  been making my own blades from stock poly in 1" 3/4" sizes. They are not as good as Ultrasabers blades but Iam getting there. I like many of the sabers Ultrasabers builds and debated with myself as to which one I wanted to purchase from you. I chose the Darth Bane saber with a red blade for a couple of reason. First I like Darth Bane from that series of books. Second I like the blade holder style with that large head. In fighting that head would protect your hands and help in blade lockup situations. I like the black color on the grips and the grips are big enough for large male hands. I like the lenght of it as well. Over all a well designed saber.
I do have a couple of design change suggestions. Frist the blade holder attactment is in  my opinion weak. One thumb screw is not strong enough to keep the blade from wobbling when swing and or fighting. I have on mine already added two button head screws on the right and left sides up near the cutoff protion. The blade holder does not move now and these screws also help hold the blade itself. Yes it is a little more complicated to remove the blade but I want a solid blade so the inconvienance doesn't bother me. Lastly the area where the cutoff is feels a little sharp to my hand. Either it needs to be rounded over or just don't cut it off. More support for the blade holder.
Don't get me wrong I like the saber.
A Question can you upgrade this saber for me to sound at a later date or can I buy a sound card from you and if so at what cost?

hey man! found that idea pretty cool to build your own saber. What kind of materials do you use to build them? especially for the lighting part? what kind of battery do you use in order for it to last at least a little bit! looking forward to your reply!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »

hey man! found that idea pretty cool to build your own saber. What kind of materials do you use to build them? especially for the lighting part? what kind of battery do you use in order for it to last at least a little bit! looking forward to your reply!

Hey there, the OP that you are responding to hasn't been active in over 8 years. I think it's safe to say that he probably won't ever see your message. I don't think we have any formal rules about necro-posting here on the forums but dragging up old topics typically won't get responses just because people have long moved on. Just free advice  Cool

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: