Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chinese Food...  (Read 8850 times)
faheyb
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »

Not to get off topic (although I am suprised that this one is still going.  LOL!) I had a similar experience as Jedi Remleob.  But mine came from eating the Atomic Wings at Quaker Steak and Lube.  Anyone else make this life-altering mistake?  Trust me, it isn't worth the crappy bumper sticker you get for eating the all the wings.  My mistake was drinking too much beer and letting a friend talk me into it and betting me $20 I couldn't do it.  Once again , it wasn't worth it.  The entire next day was fiery agony upon fiery agony.  Did I mention that it wasn't worth it?  Never again. 

Dark War Glaive Blazing Red Obsidian
Shock Arctic Blue Obsidian FOC Silver
Raven SS Violet Amethyst Obsidian FOC Silver
Crimson Reaper Adegan Silver Obsidian FOC Blazing Red
Dark Prophecy V3 CG FOC AS Obsidian
LE Shock Fire Orange Obsidian FOC Silver
Manticore Sentinel Yellow Obsidian FOC Orange
Dark Initiate Sentinel Yellow Stunt

KrystheSith
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -65

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 01:17:55 AM »

I know a couple of people that have won the wing challenge at B-Dubs. (Buffalo Wild Wings) They said the next day was the worst part. They actually make you sign a health waiver before eating theirs. And Why wouldn't this one still be going who doesn't love (or hate) Chinese food?

Dark Side Points or you perish!
Sabers Owned:
VA Dark Standard Issue v3 Staff with UE initiate blades. "Gemini"
RGB SS Raven UEHG Blade "Hysteria"
SRD Red Liberator with UEHG Blade (Grab Bag) "Holly"
Wish List:
Monarch
Graflex
Prophecy
Catalyst

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 02:16:23 AM »

Chinese is so varied and vast it is hard not to find something on the "menu" to like...so many choices!

Light side points please Smiley

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 02:20:42 AM »

Its easy if youyou are picky about what you eat.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 08:37:46 AM »

I know a couple of people that have won the wing challenge at B-Dubs. (Buffalo Wild Wings) They said the next day was the worst part. They actually make you sign a health waiver before eating theirs. And Why wouldn't this one still be going who doesn't love (or hate) Chinese food?

I had their hottest sauce last time I was there... it was fairly traumatic.  And I come from a family of Italians who eat hot peppers like candy!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

I miss going to Chinese buffets since the world became so broken... (to be clear I miss ALL buffet style eating experiences right now, since that is obviously the issue at hand. Nothing cultural about the avoidance.) Even Genghis Grill would be out of the question for me personally (if they are open) for the shared serving utensils and open air food portion stations not to mention moving through lines in close proximity. Not meaning to go horribly off topic, but simply saying it's the environment alone I'd find untoward. Although I'm betting there are theoretically ways to do it "safer" I'll just leave it there because I feel I'm veering away from my point. All-you-can-eat great food options, or sitting in a nice restaurant with such an awesome menu and flavor combinations, how can one not miss that? I love Chinese food, but there were also great Vietnamese, Thai, and Japanese restaurants near by that were such a taste treat. I would kill for some sushi right now... but I'm too paranoid to tempt fate eating pre-prepared things that are raw, at the moment...

That said I had some tacos the other night and was out of salsa. So I had a jar of wasabi sauce I had not had the opportunity to enjoy yet. Thus some carefully poured lines in the tacos with some taco sauce turned out to be a fantastic mix.

Oh yes, the Blazin Challenge, been there done that. I love spicy but that made my eyes water, nose run, and I couldn't taste anything but pain after a while. Also back in college, and this was all posted and done BEFORE the Ghost Pepper/Carolina Reaper advent and resulting craze. Some things are just hot for the sake of hot now, not really enjoyment. I always enjoyed Chinese food a bit spicy, of higher than lower on the spice spectrum. Same with Chili, but some things are just senseless masochistic abuse of one's palate IMO. Sense of taste obviously varies, and one can build up seemingly ridiculous tolerances, but sometimes even I am left asking "why?" My chopsticks have gone mostly unused, except on things prepared at home. Most if not all take out has been removed from my menu, unless getting heated or microwaved separately before consumption. But the few times I've gotten local chinese food takeout recently it's been a real treat. I hope the restaurant industry survives the dark times, or has a renaissance afterward. But please let it not be some tapas centric revival...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: