Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RGB Raven Review  (Read 2296 times)
Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:22 AM »

Hey everyone, new guy here. Thought I'd start off by reviewing my first saber, a RGB Raven.

First off: This thing is BEAUTIFUL. I fell in love straight away after I saw it displayed on the website, and it's all the more amazing in person. The menacing looks the claws give are just perfect for a sith lightsaber, and removing them you get an excelent jedi lightsaber, perfect for those who can only afford having 1 lightsaber.

The hilt feels a little heavy, but it has a nice grip and is quite easy to maneuver. Might be just me, but it feels the most natural when wielded back-handed. I have yet to test it in an actual duel(hard to find an opponent over here...), but I assume it would perform quite nicely.

Turning it on, this is where the magic begins. The blade is VERY bright, easily lighting up a whole room, and the sound is just magnificent. The quality far surpasses any saber I've ever come in contact with.

Overall, I'd say it's a 10/10 on pretty much every aspect. Only problem I've had is that one of the claws refuses to unscrew, but that's no big deal(I didn't really plan to take them off in the first place anyway). I'm completely satisfied with my purchase, and plan to make many others in the future(already have my eyes on the Overlord and the Dark War Glaive).

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:23:58 AM »

that is a sweet saber, my friend. impressive are the colours, yes! welcome to the forum, and your new addiction. here is a light side point to start your journey.

when you say 'over here' where are you? i'm in uk, and i know what you mean about finding sparring partners. they are rather thin on the ground over here!

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

faheyb
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:25 PM »

I'm so jealous! I am hoping to get a Raven (all tricked out Super Sith style) but I've already bought several sabers and need to wait a little while to let my credit card cool off.  Smiley  Anyways, beautiful saber and congrats!!

Dark War Glaive Blazing Red Obsidian
Shock Arctic Blue Obsidian FOC Silver
Raven SS Violet Amethyst Obsidian FOC Silver
Crimson Reaper Adegan Silver Obsidian FOC Blazing Red
Dark Prophecy V3 CG FOC AS Obsidian
LE Shock Fire Orange Obsidian FOC Silver
Manticore Sentinel Yellow Obsidian FOC Orange
Dark Initiate Sentinel Yellow Stunt

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »

that is a sweet saber, my friend. impressive are the colours, yes! welcome to the forum, and your new addiction. here is a light side point to start your journey.

when you say 'over here' where are you? i'm in uk, and i know what you mean about finding sparring partners. they are rather thin on the ground over here!

I'm in Brazil. Luckily for me my best friend is just as much of a SW fan as me, so as soon as I have my second saber I can have a sparring partner, but I think that's the only one I'll ever find.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Darth Rasor
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48:00 AM »

that is awesome.