Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1137408 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3630 on: January 21, 2017, 04:59:07 AM »

I wanna see it so bad! I fear that ppl will knock it bcuz it's m. Night shamylan and he's been despised for some time. But screw that, I think it looks amazing!

Absolutely you should, M5! He's back in a big way. Best movie he's done yet, he wrote and directed. Very, very impressed. Definitely go see it.

Haven't seen any of those yet.

Shocked  Ah ha. Well I would recommend you definitely start with Insidious for a good sampling of the genre they do best. Great series of movies. BH Productions hasn't let me down yet.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3631 on: January 21, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »

Just saw this ... Loved it!

I've heard McAvoy kills it in this movie with his acting. Am looking forward to seeing it myself.

I wanna see it so bad! I fear that ppl will knock it bcuz it's m. Night shamylan and he's been despised for some time. But screw that, I think it looks amazing!
Shyamalan has been despised for good reason. Every director makes the occasional bad movie, but a long list of high profile bad movies in a row (plus his notoriously egotistical behaviour) almost ruined his career. However, I think he is definitely on a comeback, going back to his roots and making some lower budget movies like last years The Visit and now Split.

Anyone else think that Unbreakable should be re-released? It came out at a time when superhero movies were not the box office juggernaut they are now and I think it was woefully overlooked by many at the time (I personally feel that is his best movie to date so far)

Shocked  Ah ha. Well I would recommend you definitely start with Insidious for a good sampling of the genre they do best. Great series of movies. BH Productions hasn't let me down yet.
Calon hasn't seen any horror movies and is a big fan of action, so i'm not sure how much he will enjoy those movies (as great as they are). Who knows though? Maybe he will like them; they are great (with the possible exception of the Paranormal Activity movies)

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3632 on: January 21, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »

Setting up the date for Split, but wife wants to go tonight and my mom wants to watch the kids in the afternoon. She's too stubborn to go while the kids are away

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3633 on: January 21, 2017, 05:34:09 PM »

I've heard McAvoy kills it in this movie with his acting. Am looking forward to seeing it myself.

Shyamalan has been despised for good reason. Every director makes the occasional bad movie, but a long list of high profile bad movies in a row (plus his notoriously egotistical behaviour) almost ruined his career. However, I think he is definitely on a comeback, going back to his roots and making some lower budget movies like last years The Visit and now Split.

Anyone else think that Unbreakable should be re-released? It came out at a time when superhero movies were not the box office juggernaut they are now and I think it was woefully overlooked by many at the time (I personally feel that is his best movie to date so far)

Calon hasn't seen any horror movies and is a big fan of action, so i'm not sure how much he will enjoy those movies (as great as they are). Who knows though? Maybe he will like them; they are great (with the possible exception of the Paranormal Activity movies)

He did indeed. Blew me away. So remarkable. The lead actress, Anna Taylor-Joy, was quite good, too. You're gonna love it. It really pulls you in and doesn't wanna loosen its hold on you until almost to the point of the closing credits starting to roll.

I think it'd be good to re-release Unbreakable in the Spring. I loved that movie, and thought both Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis did phenomenal acting there, too.

Setting up the date for Split, but wife wants to go tonight and my mom wants to watch the kids in the afternoon. She's too stubborn to go while the kids are away

Hope it works out. I think I wanna go see it again myself.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3634 on: January 22, 2017, 06:12:16 AM »

Okay, I saw Split.
McAvoy f'ing killed it!!! My Gosh that guy deserves some award! It was intense. I had anxiety all day, and needed a Xanax afterwards. Very, very good film. Typical Shymalan film, like all great films that I love, offer that "mystery box" of a plotline.
Now, I must see Unbreakable, as well as The Visit

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3635 on: January 22, 2017, 06:36:04 AM »

Okay, I saw Split.
McAvoy f'ing killed it!!! My Gosh that guy deserves some award! It was intense. I had anxiety all day, and needed a Xanax afterwards. Very, very good film. Typical Shymalan film, like all great films that I love, offer that "mystery box" of a plotline.
Now, I must see Unbreakable, as well as The Visit
Ah ha! So glad you loved it. McAvoy's acting was so brilliant that I often forgot I was watching a movie.

I just watched Unbreakable this evening. Seen it before but after had to see it again after Split, ya know?  Wink

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3636 on: January 22, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »

Ah ha! So glad you loved it. McAvoy's acting was so brilliant that I often forgot I was watching a movie.

I just watched Unbreakable this evening. Seen it before but after had to see it again after Split, ya know?  Wink

So I've never seen it, but knew it was a tie in. So briefly read the plot and was like "OHHHHH!" So yeah, gonna watch unbreakable now.
Didn't you think Casey looked like Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashians younger sister?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3637 on: January 22, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »

So I've never seen it, but knew it was a tie in. So briefly read the plot and was like "OHHHHH!" So yeah, gonna watch unbreakable now.
Didn't you think Casey looked like Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashians younger sister?
YOU'VE NEVER SEEN UNBREAKABLE?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You log out and go watch it right now, young man!

In other news, I am watching Star Wars Rebels, season 3, episode 14 - Trials of the Dark Saber (part 1)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3638 on: January 22, 2017, 05:10:07 PM »

I can see a resemblance with Kendall, but Anna Taylor-Joy who plays Casey has higher, more visible cheekbones and thinner lips, but the translation of all that is they are both gorgeous women.  Shocked

Please report back here after you finish watching Unbreakable. I'd love to hear whatcha think.

YOU'VE NEVER SEEN UNBREAKABLE?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You log out and go watch it right now, young man!

In other news, I am watching Star Wars Rebels, season 3, episode 14 - Trials of the Dark Saber (part 1)

Two of my favorite actors killin it in that movie!

Now another shocker for you, Knox. While I'm familiar with some of the characters, I've never watched Star Wars Rebels or Star Wars Clone Wars.   Shocked Shocked Shocked Cry

Gotta do that soon 😉

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3639 on: January 22, 2017, 05:36:55 PM »

I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it talking about Split.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3640 on: January 22, 2017, 05:39:07 PM »

I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it talking about Split.
That's because you're young and have only seen about 20 movies Tongue
M5 has no such excuse

Now another shocker for you, Knox. While I'm familiar with some of the characters, I've never watched Star Wars Rebels or Star Wars Clone Wars.   Shocked Shocked Shocked Cry

Gotta do that soon 😉
I haven't seen Clone Wars either. And only started watching Rebels last year. But as each episode is only 20 mins long was able to quickly binge the first two seasons really easily.

I know quite a few people who only watch the movies and have no intention to follow any of the additional canon stuff (shows, books, comics, games)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3641 on: January 22, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »

Episodes of Dave Allen At Large on YouTube.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3642 on: January 22, 2017, 06:01:41 PM »

I haven't seen Clone Wars either. And only started watching Rebels last year. But as each episode is only 20 mins long was able to quickly binge the first two seasons really easily.

I know quite a fe people who only watch the movies and have no intention to follow any of the additional canon stuff (shows, books, comics, games)
Well I'm not one of those people, that's for certain  Grin  I want to explore all of it.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3643 on: January 22, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »

Well I'm not one of those people, that's for certain  Grin  I want to explore all of it.
I am definitely one of those people. Apart from Rebels I have no interest in the larger canon. (I'm too busy plotting to take over the galaxy Cheesy)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3644 on: January 22, 2017, 07:27:19 PM »

That's because you're young and have only seen about 20 movies Tongue
M5 has no such excuse

Hey. You've got me wondering how many movies I've actually seen.

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: