Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 541   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1121150 times)
GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #6135 on: July 10, 2019, 12:59:37 PM »

I'm currently re-watching the original Star Trek movies and am up to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #6136 on: July 10, 2019, 01:01:44 PM »

I'm currently re-watching the original Star Trek movies and am up to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Just picked up the Kelvin trilogy on blu-ray and have finally started DISCO myself.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6137 on: July 10, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »

My favorite.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7rRA-V-0zY&amp;list=PLEEX8g2XtzsGv61U11HpoWt5JP18NHeve&amp;index=120" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7rRA-V-0zY&amp;list=PLEEX8g2XtzsGv61U11HpoWt5JP18NHeve&amp;index=120</a>

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #6138 on: July 10, 2019, 02:10:20 PM »

LOVE that movie. Although I will admit, it would have been better if Kim Catrral's Valeris was actually Saavik from the previous movies as originally planned. Would have been a nice bit of continuity and made her betrayal to Spock felt more deeply.

Just picked up the Kelvin trilogy on blu-ray and have finally started DISCO myself.
Season 2 is much much better than season 1. Although, I think it would have been if they had set DISCO in the Kelvin timeline rather than the prime timeline. Particularly in season 1, there are a number of story and technology inconsistencies with what we know is to come. But, there are a few nice nods to the future too. I struggle to enjoy DISCO as a Star Trek show, purely because of the inconsistencies that come up. However, as a purely "sci-fi" show, it is really enjoyable, particularly season 2 and it's introduction of a new character who is AWESOME!

My main criticism I will say about DISCO is they focus too much Burnham. All the other Star Trek shows spend time with other members of the crew. Some episodes are crew specific; take TNG for example. Sometimes we would get a Data focussed show or a Riker episode. None of that really happens in DISCO. Also, whereas we get to see the crew interacting outside of their bridge duties and therefore get to know their personalities, because DISCO focuses on Burnham all the time, you don't really get to know the crew intimitally (which the exception of Saru and Tilly). The bridge crew don't even get names until season 2!!

But, it's still Star Trek, so I'll watch and try and find the good.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6139 on: July 10, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »

Middle of Stranger Things Season 3

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6140 on: July 10, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »

LOVE that movie. Although I will admit, it would have been better if Kim Catrral's Valeris was actually Saavik from the previous movies as originally planned. Would have been a nice bit of continuity and made her betrayal to Spock felt more deeply.
I love the whodunnit in space aspect.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #6141 on: July 11, 2019, 12:40:19 AM »

The Temptations. Sam Cooke.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6142 on: July 11, 2019, 01:01:22 PM »

Season 2 is much much better than season 1. Although, I think it would have been if they had set DISCO in the Kelvin timeline rather than the prime timeline. Particularly in season 1, there are a number of story and technology inconsistencies with what we know is to come. But, there are a few nice nods to the future too. I struggle to enjoy DISCO as a Star Trek show, purely because of the inconsistencies that come up. However, as a purely "sci-fi" show, it is really enjoyable, particularly season 2 and it's introduction of a new character who is AWESOME!

My main criticism I will say about DISCO is they focus too much Burnham. All the other Star Trek shows spend time with other members of the crew. Some episodes are crew specific; take TNG for example. Sometimes we would get a Data focussed show or a Riker episode. None of that really happens in DISCO. Also, whereas we get to see the crew interacting outside of their bridge duties and therefore get to know their personalities, because DISCO focuses on Burnham all the time, you don't really get to know the crew intimitally (which the exception of Saru and Tilly). The bridge crew don't even get names until season 2!!

But, it's still Star Trek, so I'll watch and try and find the good.

I've noticed a few inconsistencies myself, but I'ts nothing thats rubbed me too wrong. I always figured since Discovery is a super-advanced science vessel, they might've made prototypes of future tech (doesnt work all the time but it helps.) Definitly noticed that they were going for a stronger primary narrative and main character in stead of the usual "space drama" that Trek usually is. I like Burnham, but i would love a Tilly episode. The Mudd temporal loop shenanigans were top-notch Trek imo. I enjoy it like I enjoy TOS / ENT, not my favorites but very enjoyable in their own ways. We'll see if Picard can touch VOY / TNG

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6143 on: July 11, 2019, 07:12:41 AM »

I've noticed a few inconsistencies myself, but I'ts nothing thats rubbed me too wrong. I always figured since Discovery is a super-advanced science vessel, they might've made prototypes of future tech (doesnt work all the time but it helps.) Definitly noticed that they were going for a stronger primary narrative and main character in stead of the usual "space drama" that Trek usually is. I like Burnham, but i would love a Tilly episode. The Mudd temporal loop shenanigans were top-notch Trek imo. I enjoy it like I enjoy TOS / ENT, not my favorites but very enjoyable in their own ways. We'll see if Picard can touch VOY / TNG
In season 2 there is a character that is introduced that is friends with Tilly. However, during intro recap you see how they met. I was initially confused as I thought I had missed an episode. it turns out, there was a webisode starring Tilly and this character (god bless internet research). They definitely do some more character work with the other members of the bridge crew, and it's awesome. I wish they did it more. I don't dislike Burnham, but variety is the spice of life and all.

The Mudd temporal loop episode was Trek at it's finest.

I will always love TOS, because it gave us the franchise. I watch it with fond nostalgia in the same way as Batman '66. Yes the acting can be quite campy at time, but especially since the digitally remastered it and updated the effects, it's never looked better. Plus, some of the storylines are still as relevant today as when they first aired.

I give ENT a lot of crap. Mainly because of the theme song. However, the Xindi arc was amazing and showed exactly what the show should and could have been. It's a pity it got cancelled when it did as it the final two seasons were the best in the show (especially the mirror universe crossover). But, there was still some stuff to like in the first two seasons, even if they were uneven.

Cannot wait for Picard! I wonder if they'll be any guest appearances from other TNG crew members?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6144 on: July 11, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »

In season 2 there is a character that is introduced that is friends with Tilly. However, during intro recap you see how they met. I was initially confused as I thought I had missed an episode. it turns out, there was a webisode starring Tilly and this character (god bless internet research). They definitely do some more character work with the other members of the bridge crew, and it's awesome. I wish they did it more. I don't dislike Burnham, but variety is the spice of life and all.

The Mudd temporal loop episode was Trek at it's finest.

I will always love TOS, because it gave us the franchise. I watch it with fond nostalgia in the same way as Batman '66. Yes the acting can be quite campy at time, but especially since the digitally remastered it and updated the effects, it's never looked better. Plus, some of the storylines are still as relevant today as when they first aired.

I give ENT a lot of crap. Mainly because of the theme song. However, the Xindi arc was amazing and showed exactly what the show should and could have been. It's a pity it got cancelled when it did as it the final two seasons were the best in the show (especially the mirror universe crossover). But, there was still some stuff to like in the first two seasons, even if they were uneven.

Cannot wait for Picard! I wonder if they'll be any guest appearances from other TNG crew members?

*waiting for the alpha canon decision if B-4 became "Data" or not*

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6145 on: July 11, 2019, 07:31:10 AM »

*waiting for the alpha canon decision if B-4 became "Data" or not*
Ditto. Although that whole Data arc was because Brent Spiner was aware that Data was not supposed to age, but he obviously had. But with the de-ageing technology they now have it should be no problem to make him look as he did back in the 90s.

I have no doubt that Riker will appear. But the big question is, will he have a beard or not?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6146 on: July 11, 2019, 02:53:46 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU</a>

Sig by For Tyeth

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #6147 on: July 11, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »

Dancing with myself always reminds my of a song by the Meatmen. Orgy of one.  Don't look it up! Here is a better song.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3kX4X9KvQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3kX4X9KvQ</a>

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #6148 on: July 11, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »

Dancing with myself always reminds my of a song by the Meatmen. Orgy of one.  Don't look it up! Here is a better song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3kX4X9KvQ#

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6149 on: July 11, 2019, 09:23:33 PM »

Somehow never got around to sharing this one

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRAPZI9fzko&amp;list=PLWIPKM5hlQ0x705nz5T_QtNOv1zS1J1er&amp;index=28" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRAPZI9fzko&amp;list=PLWIPKM5hlQ0x705nz5T_QtNOv1zS1J1er&amp;index=28</a>

Reminds me a lot of Rogue Ones imperial themes

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 541   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: