Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 541   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1121540 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5760 on: March 26, 2019, 07:56:50 PM »

If you're curious about Game of Thrones read the books.   The show isn't fit for human consumption.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #5761 on: March 26, 2019, 08:04:23 PM »

If you're curious about Game of Thrones read the books.   The show isn't fit for human consumption.
People with dreadlocks are not allowed to read in the UK. Hence me never reading the Harry Potter books either (but I did enjoy the movies though).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5762 on: March 26, 2019, 08:46:11 PM »

There is a part of me that is giving heavy consideration to start watching Game of Thrones. Is season 1 any good?
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5763 on: March 26, 2019, 09:15:31 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I always get that reaction from people. Can never understand why though

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5764 on: March 27, 2019, 02:21:17 AM »

Aquaman

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5765 on: March 27, 2019, 03:01:23 AM »

I'm interested in GOT for.... other reasons...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5766 on: March 26, 2019, 08:20:40 PM »

Lol, three different series but from your sarcasm you knew that Wink

Also watching Lethal Weapon the series on Hulu too.
What do you think of Rookie? Me and the wife watch it, and enjoy it. But at times it is so off it drives me crazy.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5767 on: March 27, 2019, 01:53:29 PM »

I like it but also keep in mind that it's not like real life, it's good, it gets dramatic and Nathan Fillion is awesome.  I understand where you're coming from, it's like me watching a military series or movie.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5768 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:26 PM »

I always get that reaction from people. Can never understand why though
The fact that you haven't started owing to lack of opportunity can be forgiven/understood. Not being interested in finding out what all the hype was over is the confusing part. That's how I got into Downton Abbey. Buzz worthy enough to make a cameo in Iron Man 3 says something. So I watched it. No regrets.

You take that back right now.

People with dreadlocks are not allowed to read in the UK. Hence me never reading the Harry Potter books either (but I did enjoy the movies though).
You better get on it. The books, per usual, were infinitely better than the movies.

I'm interested in GOT for.... other reasons...

There are many reasons to love GoT.

Not the least of which... Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5769 on: March 27, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »

The fact that you haven't started owing to lack of opportunity can be forgiven/understood.
What about if I've had plenty of opportunities and just decided to watch other things instead?
All the hype actually has put me off. I remember when there was loads of hype surrounding the Battlestar Galactica reboot. And when I finally got around to watching that show I realised it was a sci-fi show for people who wouldn't normally watch/like sci-fi shows.

With the Throney Games Thing, sex, violence, incest, dragons, zombies, swords. I can get all that during a crazy weekend out clubbing! lol

Seriously though, I will eventually get around to watching the show. I'm still making my way through Dexter and Breaking Bad. Slowly. And just finished s1 of Supernatural.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5770 on: March 27, 2019, 03:29:41 PM »

There are many reasons to love GoT.

Not the least of which... Grin

You know, lately I've been feeling like I'm a lot gayer than I give myself credit for.... stuff like this affirms that.(Still bi, just maybe a bit more "60/40" than I thought is all.)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5771 on: March 27, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

What about if I've had plenty of opportunities and just decided to watch other things instead?
All the hype actually has put me off. I remember when there was loads of hype surrounding the Battlestar Galactica reboot. And when I finally got around to watching that show I realised it was a sci-fi show for people who wouldn't normally watch/like sci-fi shows.

With the Throney Games Thing, sex, violence, incest, dragons, zombies, swords. I can get all that during a crazy weekend out clubbing! lol

Seriously though, I will eventually get around to watching the show. I'm still making my way through Dexter and Breaking Bad. Slowly. And just finished s1 of Supernatural.
Now see, I started Supernatural a while back; never finished S1. Started Gotham; never finished. Hype isn't always a guarantee of "good" but it piques my curiosity at least enough to watch E1.

The show is actually really good. I liked it because it pulled no punches story-wise. Being a main character was never a right to survival. But per Logos-usual, I fell in love with the characters. Strong characters are the backbone of a good story.

You know, lately I've been feeling like I'm a lot gayer than I give myself credit for.... stuff like this affirms that.(Still bi, just maybe a bit more "60/40" than I thought is all.)
Ok then....

Even I had to pay attention to Jason Momoa. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5772 on: March 27, 2019, 04:49:40 PM »

You don't to sell me on the show. Everyone already has. However, at this point I do get a certain amount of satisfaction at being a lone standout. I have seen a couple clips with Momoa as Drago, but must say I preferred him as Ronan Dex in Stargate Atlantis.

I have no doubt I will love the show once I watch it. However I have made a commitment not to start watching until it has ended, so i can go through the whole thing in one go, without having to wait on new episodes.

It's funny how much you know about a show (in general) and yet have not watched a single episode. Like I said, sex, violence, incest, dragons, zombies, swords and everyone dies at something called the Red Wedding. Oh, and everyone hates the sweet kid from Batman Begins who became king. And Charles Dance is awesome.

Now see, I started Supernatural a while back; never finished S1. Started Gotham; never finished.
I watched Gotham out of curiosity (a Batman show without Batman). But it never grabbed me, so I stopped after about 3 episodes (I give every new show at least three episodes to grab me).

Supernatural I like. The problem is, too many amazing "must see" shows out there. Not enough time to see them all.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5773 on: March 27, 2019, 04:51:46 PM »

I'm like you, Knox. Haven't watched and not really into the hype

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5774 on: March 27, 2019, 05:20:44 PM »

I have no doubt I will love the show once I watch it. However I have made a commitment not to start watching until it has ended, so i can go through the whole thing in one go, without having to wait on new episodes.
This mentality is totally forgivable.

And Charles Dance is awesome.
Also HELLZ YEAH! Love to hate that man.

I watched Gotham out of curiosity (a Batman show without Batman). But it never grabbed me, so I stopped after about 3 episodes (I give every new show at least three episodes to grab me).
Ditto, but I stuck with it longer than expected because of the villains. They were superb.

Supernatural I like. The problem is, too many amazing "must see" shows out there. Not enough time to see them all.
Yes. <insert meme> "I finished my watch list." - said no one, ever.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 541   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: