Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass forum pictures!  (Read 17137 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »

It would look very cool, i gotta get a costume together now because not having one just wouldnt look right, although i could just use my brown leather jacket, add the right pants and spacers boots, and a shirt that looks enough like han's that i could easily pull off a sentinal in the Rebellion Era / NJO

rather than being outright jedi robes and whatnot

Indeed, there should be room for what ever reasonable vision a member has.

Light side points please Smiley

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »

Luckily, my sparring partner has two friends that are very into photography and are going to start coming out any time we are breaking out the sabers, should get some really nice high resolution photos and videos in the coming weeks, and they will know better than we would how to set up a decent photo so it can be used for this sort of montage.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 04:26:01 PM »

It would look very cool, i gotta get a costume together now because not having one just wouldnt look right, although i could just use my brown leather jacket, add the right pants and spacers boots, and a shirt that looks enough like han's that i could easily pull off a sentinal in the Rebellion Era / NJO

rather than being outright jedi robes and whatnot

Yup, it'd be good to have some of that era (apart from Manroon) to contrast the more traditional Jedi and Sith outfits.

I'd have to decide on what to wear - my current costume (black tunic and pants, charcoal cloak) or a more NJO style option.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »

you need to put together that jacen solo GAG uniform, dye artorius's hair red and give him the jedi braid, get him to go as Ben :-P

"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »

you need to put together that jacen solo GAG uniform, dye artorius's hair red and give him the jedi braid, get him to go as Ben :-P

Oh dear... he would hurt me if I suggested that lol

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »

Would this part of the forum be ok with high resolution images of 750 px wide to send in? Pictures already centered around the person. So resolution is as high as the forum allows within the rules.

That way the sending in of pictures will be a lot more easy. I know I have one. But might want to retake it.

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »

This sounds cool. Too bad I don't count as a legacy member, though I have only been here about 15 months. I do want in though.

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »

I can store images on my webserver in full resolution and place the links here... Members can e-mail me the full size pictures.

Like the one I might want to use for myself...

http://drstrange.nl/ultrasabers/IMG_0962.JPG

I need to have it cut-out from the background which is possible as that is light against my black outfit. And I gather the mirroring in the glasses should reflect a bunch of flying stardestroyers!

I am rather new at this and not having adobe installed at the moment... but I do know what I would like... Smiley

Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »

maybe make one of the requirements taking the photos in front of a blue or green screen?

Luke & Corran (I,J)

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »

maybe make one of the requirements taking the photos in front of a blue or green screen?

At least have the color be extremely diverse to the outfit so its easily cut-out. I dont have a blue or green screen at home. Do you?

Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 05:41:03 PM »

If I qualify, I'd definitely like to participate.  Can't have all the yellow sabers belonging to Sentinels...   Cheesy

I like the idea of dark to light, but it does mean all those flip-flopping grey Jedi will be center-stage!   Wink

Maybe have a few themed posters, Dark, Light, Grey, and out-of-costume.  I think people can easily identify with one of those themes.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »

If I qualify, I'd definitely like to participate.  Can't have all the yellow sabers belonging to Sentinels...   Cheesy

I like the idea of dark to light, but it does mean all those flip-flopping grey Jedi will be center-stage!   Wink

Maybe have a few themed posters, Dark, Light, Grey, and out-of-costume.  I think people can easily identify with one of those themes.

Exactly what i think. Have seperate pictures for jedi, Sith and grey jedi. Then we can group them together later on if everyone wants them to.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:40 PM »

Not sure I am board with excluding anyone.  If there are current members who want a pic in the montage then they should be.  The idea is, I believe to let seniority and participation count for center square and junior members filling in the rest of the class.

Exclusion is far too sithy for me.

Light side points please Smiley

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »

I like the Dark, Grey, Light grouping idea. Since most of the Grey or Greyish guys are mods anyway, you could sort of cluster them around a big US logo. That way it's not entirely like the mods are center stage, but at the same time they are sort of 'in their position' keeping the light and dark from killing too many of each other and whatnot. (FYI gang, I'm Rogue, not Grey lol)

As for the minimum post requirement I mentioned.... I still stand by it being a good idea, IMHO. People will drop off, but if someone has... I was thinking maybe 400 posts? Well then it's likely even if they DO drop off, people will still remember who that guy was. I suppose all in all, it's probably the most practical to just make certain that the people who do the actual assembly work of the Poster are going to stick around long enough to finish it, and then allow them to set a requirement should there be one. After all, they do the work, it seems fair they should decide how they want to manage the risks of people dissappearing before the thing is done. Smiley Again, just IMHO.

As far as the actual content/style of the photos used is concerned.... I think it should be an up to the individual kind of thing. I would GREATLY prefer to see everyone in costumes, as it would just make for a way cooler poster, but of course not everyone has one, or has the time or money to get one, and I know there can't be very many among us that are always fighting in costume. I love my costume, and I've fought in it maybe twice. lol Still, the more costumed members in this thing, the better it will look. For non costumes I would just say make it 'you', and that applies to everyone. A photo that matches who you are, personality and etc wise, would just work. IE Teej would probably have half his face covered.... Duff would be a giant lobster......  Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 11:01:01 PM »

1.  I would love to be in this.
2.  hopefully I dont have to have the pic in by june 15th because i will have very limited time to post or anything.
3.  do we have to be in a costume based on our RP characters because I don't have the proper materials to make myself into a Zabrak.
4.  hopefully I can have the money to get my sabers by then.

and not meaning to thread jack but since I'm not gonna be on very much does anybody think they could take over for me in the RP and stick with how my character is now.  If so PM me or tell me here.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: