Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass forum pictures!  (Read 17135 times)
Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »

I gather a Star Wars costume (any) showing you as you are... it is more as if the real you would be into the Star Wars Universe... and your not born a Zabrak hehehehe...

To make it all a bit easier.. I already started editing a bit on mine....

http://drstrange.nl/ultrasabers/JediEmpty.jpg

Created the mirroring of Star Destroyers in the glasses and now working on cutting it out by hand.. to make sure it looks good on any background.

I can always use the end result against any other Star Wars background too Wink
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:12:29 PM by Stephen Strange » Logged

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 11:31:15 PM »

I like the Dark, Grey, Light grouping idea. Since most of the Grey or Greyish guys are mods anyway, you could sort of cluster them around a big US logo. That way it's not entirely like the mods are center stage, but at the same time they are sort of 'in their position' keeping the light and dark from killing too many of each other and whatnot. (FYI gang, I'm Rogue, not Grey lol)

As for the minimum post requirement I mentioned.... I still stand by it being a good idea, IMHO. People will drop off, but if someone has... I was thinking maybe 400 posts? Well then it's likely even if they DO drop off, people will still remember who that guy was. I suppose all in all, it's probably the most practical to just make certain that the people who do the actual assembly work of the Poster are going to stick around long enough to finish it, and then allow them to set a requirement should there be one. After all, they do the work, it seems fair they should decide how they want to manage the risks of people dissappearing before the thing is done. Smiley Again, just IMHO.

As far as the actual content/style of the photos used is concerned.... I think it should be an up to the individual kind of thing. I would GREATLY prefer to see everyone in costumes, as it would just make for a way cooler poster, but of course not everyone has one, or has the time or money to get one, and I know there can't be very many among us that are always fighting in costume. I love my costume, and I've fought in it maybe twice. lol Still, the more costumed members in this thing, the better it will look. For non costumes I would just say make it 'you', and that applies to everyone. A photo that matches who you are, personality and etc wise, would just work. IE Teej would probably have half his face covered.... Duff would be a giant lobster......  Grin
Ok, so I have only been on the forum for a month, maybe? Still, I would like to voice my own opinion…

I would like to say, that while I do not have many posts, I am on this forum at least twice a day. I read every post, comment, watch all videos and look at all photos. However,  I do not comment unless I feel that my post will mean something, help someone, congratulate someone on a new saber or welcome them to the forum. Im not going to post loads of times to say stuff I don’t mean or care about, yet I would have to do just that to get anywhere near 400 posts!

I am not going anywhere, i love lightsabers, I love this forum, everyone on it is amazing. I have been to many forums about many things, and I always leave because of people leaving nasty comments, haters etc. this is the first forum where no-one does that, and I intend to stay! I can recognize any ultrasaber from 1000 yards, and I feel I know everyone in this forum.

I get why people feel that everyone should prove their ‘loyalty’ (only word I can think of) but some of us, like me, are very loyal and I don’t feel I deserve to be left out…

I hope I don’t insult anyone, and I don’t want to tread on any toes, just my opinion… sorry.

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »

1) That photo looks great, I love the star destroyer bit, it came out awesome.

2) I'm going to shut up about the requirements thing, because I don't mean to step on any toes either, and it's obvious that it's not being recieved well anyways. I shall let the dead dog lie, as it were. lol

3) I think this is something that needs a project leader of some sort. Assuming everyone agrees on that, would anyone like to volunteer to co-ordinate this and see that it really gets off the ground this time?

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »

1) That photo looks great, I love the star destroyer bit, it came out awesome.

2) I'm going to shut up about the requirements thing, because I don't mean to step on any toes either, and it's obvious that it's not being recieved well anyways. I shall let the dead dog lie, as it were. lol

3) I think this is something that needs a project leader of some sort. Assuming everyone agrees on that, would anyone like to volunteer to co-ordinate this and see that it really gets off the ground this time?

I like your idea about the requirements, but at the same time I'd like everyone to get their chance at being in the poster.  That's why my original idea was for TWO posters.

Poster 1 would have ANY members who wanted to be in it.

Poster 2 would ONLY contain the core members themselves (which we would designate using some kind of criteria - perhaps we could even form a small council of legacy members to vote on these things)

I know that sounds like a great deal of work, but I figure since one of the ideas was to place members in the photo based on activity, we could even just do the poster with the core members first and work outward from there.  If that makes sense...

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 12:14:30 AM »

I'm not sure what I'm considered in all this, as I have many posts but not much time on here, but I don't think I want to be part of it. Deciding who 'Legacy' and 'Core' members are will create another distinction; another dividing factor that could step on and break toes. It might be fun for some people, but I'm going to play it safe and not take part in it.

However - as long as I'm not part of the decision-making process - I would be willing to help if need be.

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »

I like your idea about the requirements, but at the same time I'd like everyone to get their chance at being in the poster.  That's why my original idea was for TWO posters.

Poster 1 would have ANY members who wanted to be in it.

Poster 2 would ONLY contain the core members themselves (which we would designate using some kind of criteria - perhaps we could even form a small council of legacy members to vote on these things)

I know that sounds like a great deal of work, but I figure since one of the ideas was to place members in the photo based on activity, we could even just do the poster with the core members first and work outward from there.  If that makes sense...

Perchance an opportunity for low count and new members might be commitment via costume? 

There have been a handful to show up within the last week or two and they came with nearly full costumes...certainly the commitment is there.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Jaur
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 01:24:03 AM »

I like this idea. I love to have a poster of all the forum members repping Ultrasabers

Official Member of The Dark Empire
---<TDE 133>---
-darkside points please-

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 01:48:46 AM »

Well no costume here yet but in the month I've been here I pretty much live on the forums lol

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 03:33:22 AM »

Yeah I kinda agree with User Name, I still wanna be involved though lol Not that I'm discouraged from not being considered a "legacy" or "core" member but I was one of the first people on this forum and im sure there are a few other people who have been here from the start that like myself, don't have time to accumulate 4 digit posts. Not trying to be a downer, just doing it in all fairness.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 04:11:24 AM »

I like the idea of only including the dedicated members. That said, personally, I think anyone who wants to be in this and cares enough to submit their photo, is probably here to stay(at least for a while.)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2012, 05:55:57 AM »

Every member that wants to be on this is already a dedicated member enough to actually find this topic I gather.

Also... even if you are a high post member.. if your not willing to be on the poster and not sending in the files needed... we are ending no where with adding that member.

So there are some things going completely wrong in making the decisions for others.

I am ok to help with it.. I can at least make some pictures ready to add. Use my email to send me high grade images in costume you want to have on. I will do my best in-between things I do at home Smiley

Aside of email you can also add me to Skype (stephenstrange) so we can talk this over... If our art-designer then shapes the pics I prepared into the actual poster it would be great!

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Stockton
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:14 AM »

So I think we should begin with who is going to be taking over what duties in this. Photo editing programs would definitely be needed so I won't be able to contribute in that way unfortunately. If you are interested, anyone who has a photo editing program who is willing to dedicate a little time to the project, please reply and let everyone know. Let's get this underway!

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:45 AM »

I like the Dark, Grey, Light grouping idea. Since most of the Grey or Greyish guys are mods anyway, you could sort of cluster them around a big US logo. That way it's not entirely like the mods are center stage, but at the same time they are sort of 'in their position' keeping the light and dark from killing too many of each other and whatnot. (FYI gang, I'm Rogue, not Grey lol)

As for the minimum post requirement I mentioned.... I still stand by it being a good idea, IMHO. People will drop off, but if someone has... I was thinking maybe 400 posts? Well then it's likely even if they DO drop off, people will still remember who that guy was. I suppose all in all, it's probably the most practical to just make certain that the people who do the actual assembly work of the Poster are going to stick around long enough to finish it, and then allow them to set a requirement should there be one. After all, they do the work, it seems fair they should decide how they want to manage the risks of people dissappearing before the thing is done. Smiley Again, just IMHO.

As far as the actual content/style of the photos used is concerned.... I think it should be an up to the individual kind of thing. I would GREATLY prefer to see everyone in costumes, as it would just make for a way cooler poster, but of course not everyone has one, or has the time or money to get one, and I know there can't be very many among us that are always fighting in costume. I love my costume, and I've fought in it maybe twice. lol Still, the more costumed members in this thing, the better it will look. For non costumes I would just say make it 'you', and that applies to everyone. A photo that matches who you are, personality and etc wise, would just work. IE Teej would probably have half his face covered.... Duff would be a giant lobster......  Grin

"CALL ME ZOIDBERG ONE MORE TIME AND I GUT Zayne and Griff!"

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »

Not to get off topic, but that first one should be a T-Shirt Zoid. It would sooooo work. lol

Anyways, I don't have photo editing stuff either, but I CAN at least get a decent quality pic of myself for this thing. And I agree with Stockton, delegate we must. Who shall be doing what, need to know, do we. Talking funny I am.... contagious, Master Yoda may be. Cheesy

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Stockton
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »

I'm willing to contribute in any way I can besides the photo editing part.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: