Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass forum pictures!  (Read 17124 times)
Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 09:52:07 AM »

Not to get off topic, but that first one should be a T-Shirt Zoid. It would sooooo work. lol

Anyways, I don't have photo editing stuff either, but I CAN at least get a decent quality pic of myself for this thing. And I agree with Stockton, delegate we must. Who shall be doing what, need to know, do we. Talking funny I am.... contagious, Master Yoda may be. Cheesy

If you can send it to me by email I can play around with it a bit after I finish mine!

Then were at two Smiley

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 10:31:59 AM »

How many photos are you willing to take on Strange?

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »

How many photos are you willing to take on Strange?

ha... I need almost 3 hours to do one as I do it all by hand... Not using any special software. What I do can be almost done in MS Paint.

but I can handle some... sure...

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2012, 12:26:18 PM »

Just to clarify, our current idea is to make a poster using anyone who wants in... right?  Because that's fine with me, I just wanted to have a clear cut decision.

If we want to do some kind of "legacy member" project later on, that will be something else.  For now I'm totally cool with everybody getting a shot!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 01:31:23 PM »

Just to clarify, our current idea is to make a poster using anyone who wants in... right?  Because that's fine with me, I just wanted to have a clear cut decision.

If we want to do some kind of "legacy member" project later on, that will be something else.  For now I'm totally cool with everybody getting a shot!

This, has wisdom wrapped around it like a thing wrapped up in wisdom  Smiley

Perhaps this legacy membership should not be thread count, time on the boards, percentage of time compared to posts, force points, or any other one thing.

No one would deny the forming of a legacy or council poster in addition to the open group shot(s).

Perhaps the right answer would be three posters...East, West, and Council.

Make this Forum Council an invitation membership based upon nominations and voted from the existing Council membership...council meets once a month, considers threads created/maintained of worth, individual posts that brought something extra to the table, those who went the extra mile to support the forum/Ultra Sabers/forum mates/etc.

Maybe nothing more than "hey we appreciate your efforts in the forum" here is your sign...a little title under their name "Council Member".

No one would be excluded...it just would require effort and forum support to get to that little nudge of recognition.

Council membership is not guaranteed nor is it permanent...fall off the grid (without notice of taking an overwintering job at MacMurdo Station or the like), get banned or significantly moderated, or other...then the council may ask that person to take a break and walk through the stars, follow the force, and see where it takes them.

Just a thought.

Hey a quick question...would our international members prefer to be included in an East and West wrap around the world or have a separate International poster?

I would think the background will be the same...or not, it will be green/blue/white screened anyway so no big issue.

Just mentioning out loud.

Light side points please Smiley

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »

This, has wisdom wrapped around it like a thing wrapped up in wisdom  Smiley

Perhaps this legacy membership should not be thread count, time on the boards, percentage of time compared to posts, force points, or any other one thing.

No one would deny the forming of a legacy or council poster in addition to the open group shot(s).

Perhaps the right answer would be three posters...East, West, and Council.

Make this Forum Council an invitation membership based upon nominations and voted from the existing Council membership...council meets once a month, considers threads created/maintained of worth, individual posts that brought something extra to the table, those who went the extra mile to support the forum/Ultra Sabers/forum mates/etc.

Maybe nothing more than "hey we appreciate your efforts in the forum" here is your sign...a little title under their name "Council Member".

No one would be excluded...it just would require effort and forum support to get to that little nudge of recognition.

Council membership is not guaranteed nor is it permanent...fall off the grid (without notice of taking an overwintering job at MacMurdo Station or the like), get banned or significantly moderated, or other...then the council may ask that person to take a break and walk through the stars, follow the force, and see where it takes them.

Just a thought.

Hey a quick question...would our international members prefer to be included in an East and West wrap around the world or have a separate International poster?

I would think the background will be the same...or not, it will be green/blue/white screened anyway so no big issue.

Just mentioning out loud.

This entire post is chock full of great thoughts... you're given me a number of things to think about!

I definitely do like your "East and West" ideas too, we'll continue discussion on these kinds of distinctions as we move forward.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 01:40:58 PM »

Grin

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »

Based on the number of folks who've expressed interest in being a part of this project in this thread it doesn't seem like it would be unmanageable - somewhat negating the need for restrictions on who can join (take in to account there are likely some lurkers following this thread as well).

However, once a plan of action is put together, will there be some sort of announcement or call to arms?  The response at that point could be overwhelming.  It stings to be told, "you can't play", but it would be disappointing for a great idea to fizzle just because of too much interest.  Something that needs to be taken into account.

Generally it's a good idea to present solutions, not problems, but I don't have a solution for that.

Could be that participation in this thread means inclusion, but I could definitely see an enthusiastic 'loyal' member feeling left out because they may have simply missed this topic.    Sad

Shrug.  That's like, my 1 credit of input; calling it 2 credits worth would be inflated.  Wink

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »

Based on the number of folks who've expressed interest in being a part of this project in this thread it doesn't seem like it would be unmanageable - somewhat negating the need for restrictions on who can join (take in to account there are likely some lurkers following this thread as well).

However, once a plan of action is put together, will there be some sort of announcement or call to arms?  The response at that point could be overwhelming.  It stings to be told, "you can't play", but it would be disappointing for a great idea to fizzle just because of too much interest.  Something that needs to be taken into account.

Generally it's a good idea to present solutions, not problems, but I don't have a solution for that.

Could be that participation in this thread means inclusion, but I could definitely see an enthusiastic 'loyal' member feeling left out because they may have simply missed this topic.    Sad

Shrug.  That's like, my 1 credit of input; calling it 2 credits worth would be inflated.  Wink

I have been a member of serious note on several forums...at one point i had to walk away from them all due to my nature to obsess by interest...I had 120+ forums i touched and commented as I do here now, every day...and had a life...it was too much.

So I now have a handful...one where I posted 10,443 posts over 5 years with 5,761,037 characters posted, just talking about sculpting/casting/painting gaming miniatures...another just dealing with a particular kind of model MAK from an old line of cool mobile armor models from Japan with a continued WWII look, where I posted 15,000+ times in 6 years before I left.

Point I am getting to is that when you sit on a forum long enough you see people come and go...they show up and are super excited, then it wears off and they fade away...the investment of time and effort to build relationships with forum mates can be draining if you know that most will not be here in 5-6 months.

Not so much here though...just about everyone is kind and lighthearted, willing to discuss rather than yell (even when we want to Smiley ), no flaming, etc.

So I am confident that the exclusion/inclusion was spoken from the heart of some who have seen many come and go, promises made and broken, and not from a place of ill will.

None of the moderators or even any of the core elders or mass bomb posters are a'ss holes...certainly and mostly the opposite.

I am sure the intent was to rely upon the core people to make sure it gets done, and should include those who have been have and/or have given of their time/effort to be involved.

The exclusion aspect took a life of its own...this is still the internet, things get said and many time misinterpreted or miscommunicated, we are imperfect creatures (especially those darn sithy times...let me say, brushing your teeth and using some soap would go a long way y'all)...all in all I think the idea of what was intended and what it became was unintended.

If someone shows up, the last week of the picture collection deadline, with 3 posts (2 of them being Hi and I like Star Wars), well they would be less likely welcomed into the project.

How we get there is not really an issue, we just need to let the emotions go, as no insult was intended or inferred.

How about something like, if you joined in 2012 then you will be eligible for the next proposed project poster in 2013.

Now there are a handful who just joined but are racking up the posts, showing interest with sabers and costumes, making friends, and in general making strong headway...clearly these folks would be included if they desired.

Not because of post counts or force points, but by name and common sense...if you have been here for 3 months and have hundreds of posts, and have not been kicked out or moderated daily...then you are one of the forum regulars.

Not too much more could be asked, IMO.

Sponsorship by citizenship.

Smiley

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Nice post JR, light side points, I really couldnt agree more.

Ive been on two sets of airsoft forums (one national, one provincial) and I have rarely spent as much time on those two forums combined, as I have on these ones in just a month.

The community is great, and helpful, and full of ideas. I really cant wait to see this mass picture, I think its going to be brilliant.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »

I agree and I DO think that the main idea was to weed out people who wouldn't see it through to completion. I mean, say I joined today, had 3 posts like Rel talked about, 2 being Hi and I like Star Wars, then I drop out of sight never to be heard from again. Come picture time, everyone is going to be asking "who was BenPass?" and no one will know.

I also agree that the intention of the restrictions was different than how they were received. I'm guilty of that too. I thought they were a little harsh (though after sitting on it for awhile I realized that I was being too sensitive), but I still tried to make my response something like "oh well maybe next time for me".

I am glad to be a member of this community and I'm not planning on going anywhere. All this said though, I do want to publicly apologize for taking Manroon's comment out of context. I posted in a public way and the apology needs to be public too.

I really am sorry. I posted without first considering all aspects and I shouldn't have.

I will still mess up at times as I'm still a blasted human (not by choice mind you) but I will always try to be a valuable member of these forums and helpful to boot.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »

Rel, that was incredibly well said. You hit the nail on the head. Smiley

Pass, don't worry about it. I appreciate the apology, but I reminded myself from the start not to get angry with anyone's reaction to that idea (tough though it was lol) because we're all human, or zabrak, or ortolan, or whatever, and none of us is perfect. Plus, the interweb compounds that by being text only. Wink I do apologize as well that I came off all exclusionist, the intent was simply as you said, to make it a poster of the forum members everyone knows and is friends with and all regularly interact amongst each other to some extent. That includes a number of lower post count members too. Just didn't want to get a poster with 20 people nobody knew in it. lol But I think Rel's idea (see thoughts below) covers that better.

Also, I really like that idea of being eligible to be in the poster for the next year after you joined. It perpetuates an updated poster every year, which is cool and allows new people to be added easily, pics to be changed annually, etc. Plus it's a nice simple understandable rule so that we don't get a whole smattering of people whining about not being in it. You get all or most of 2012 to get yourself in for the 2013 poster, then all of 2013 to get into 2014. And if you don't show up to sound off and say you wanna be in it for one, it saves the work of somebody putting a pic in if you dissappeared or whatever, and if you come back within a month or two (which does happen) you can still get in for the coming year. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »

I agree and I DO think that the main idea was to weed out people who wouldn't see it through to completion. I mean, say I joined today, had 3 posts like Rel talked about, 2 being Hi and I like Star Wars, then I drop out of sight never to be heard from again. Come picture time, everyone is going to be asking "who was BenPass?" and no one will know.

I also agree that the intention of the restrictions was different than how they were received. I'm guilty of that too. I thought they were a little harsh (though after sitting on it for awhile I realized that I was being too sensitive), but I still tried to make my response something like "oh well maybe next time for me".

I am glad to be a member of this community and I'm not planning on going anywhere. All this said though, I do want to publicly apologize for taking Manroon's comment out of context. I posted in a public way and the apology needs to be public too.

I really am sorry. I posted without first considering all aspects and I shouldn't have.

I will still mess up at times as I'm still a blasted human (not by choice mind you) but I will always try to be a valuable member of these forums and helpful to boot.

You definitely hit the nail on the head about the "restrictions" idea.  I mean, you have to consider who suggested the thought in the first place - Manroon.  The guy is certainly one of the nicest guys I've ever met (though we haven't met face to face yet), so I highly doubt he would suggest something coming from an elitist standpoint.  The point was initially to ensure participation and for the sake of nostalgia - my suggestion about a separate "legacy" poster was mostly from the latter - and was not intended to put down anyone.  You are ALL incredibly valued members of this forum, whether new or seasoned, and it literally wouldn't run without your constructive input.

People rain compliments on this community and forum, saying that it's an easy place to join and a great place to remain... and guess what, that is only in small part from the efforts of us Mods.  The biggest reason this place is so awesome is YOU, the life blood of our discourse here.  If you were a bunch of jerks, or trolls, or didn't have anything useful to say, we wouldn't have grown nearly as quickly or as fully.  All of us Mods (even Artorius, though he may be grumpy at times) are in your debt for making our lives easy.

Sorry for going a little off topic, but I felt like I had to clear the air and make sure you didn't think we were becoming snobs or something.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »

You definitely hit the nail on the head about the "restrictions" idea.  I mean, you have to consider who suggested the thought in the first place - Manroon.  The guy is certainly one of the nicest guys I've ever met (though we haven't met face to face yet), so I highly doubt he would suggest something coming from an elitist standpoint.  The point was initially to ensure participation and for the sake of nostalgia - my suggestion about a separate "legacy" poster was mostly from the latter - and was not intended to put down anyone.  You are ALL incredibly valued members of this forum, whether new or seasoned, and it literally wouldn't run without your constructive input.

People rain compliments on this community and forum, saying that it's an easy place to join and a great place to remain... and guess what, that is only in small part from the efforts of us Mods.  The biggest reason this place is so awesome is YOU, the life blood of our discourse here.  If you were a bunch of jerks, or trolls, or didn't have anything useful to say, we wouldn't have grown nearly as quickly or as fully.  All of us Mods (even Artorius, though he may be grumpy at times) are in your debt for making our lives easy.

Sorry for going a little off topic, but I felt like I had to clear the air and make sure you didn't think we were becoming snobs or something.
No, no I didn't think anyone was being a snob and like I said, after I sat on it for awhile, I realized that I was the problem. You have all, mods especially, always been great to me. That's one of the reasons I felt so bad afterwards. That's why I wanted to apologize rather than just going on like nothing happened. Manroon deserved the apology. Anyway, just wanted to clear up my part by saying that I know I was in the wrong and I don't think anyone is being snobby.

On topic though, I really do like the poster idea and whenever or wherever I'd fall under, I'd like to be a part of it.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »

Yay...hugs and cookies!

Now all that said.

Let us come up with a deadline or this will never get done.

In the theme of joining with in the same year should reflect on this deadline, IMO.

If you have not been an active member (50 posts lets say) or have not been a member at all prior to 6 months of the cut off date, the aforementioned deadline then you are going to have to wait for the next go around.

By the time this project comes to life and reaches the noted deadline, the hand full of members who are expressing interest will have those months to solidify relationships, open doors, and be part of the community...thus be welcome to the poster participation.

But this is just a thought...I may have a handful of posts but I have only been here since Nov of last year...so I am fairly new myself.

Being retired I have a bit more time to manage my interests, my hobbies, and my workload (built a PVC single blade light saber body yesterday in 13mins just to test myself Smiley )  But that does not make my input any more valuable than another.

I have been involved with these sort of projects, a bunch over the years...with group builds, contests, forum t-shirts, swaps, etc.  So I have had some experience with the potential growing pains that this project will have...anything that grows is struggling, by the very nature of being something that is developing it will have pains.

So...a deadline or this will not get done.

Just to throw a number out there, to get the talk going, it can change and it will need to be agreed upon of course...

Picture of you in baseline costume at least, with limited or solid contrasting background if possible, with saber or other weapon (gun if smuggler etc.)...the deadline of...01 Aug 2012.

So all of May, Jun, July...three months to get all pics in to the various people who will be processing the same.

Three months to build upon the citizenship aspect of belonging to the forum...if someone is close to the 6 months then a general consensus will grant waiver or not...if you join the forum after today then perhaps not...there is always next year.

Once the process is established then it will be easy to shift people around and make new posters even with the same people.

Again just thoughts from a guy who is always talking/typing or cooking or building things or spending time with the wife and kids or... Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: