Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Real" LightSabers Thanks to the nuts at Wicked Lasers  (Read 9491 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »

I was shown a similar video before by my wife's partner's husband.  He is a very well known attorney in KY and you should have seen the look of glee on his face.  When an attorney gets excited, someone is getting sued.  Coded sequence or not, some things should just not be made.  I am pretty sure I'll see someone in the ER soon that will have lost a finger to this thing while playing a new form of drunk roulette. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »

Is there a way to replicate the growing effect in an Ultra saber though. As that would be cool!

Its teh only thing the Master Replica's still ahve over an Ultra Saber!

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Sub-Zero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

I am weilder of the Wan.

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »

The effect you speak of is a rail-guided mirror within the tube. Point the saber down, and the mirror slides down, allowing the light to "grow" in the tube. To retract, point the saber up, shake the mirror loose, and voila! Lights out.

One word comes to mind:  Meh...!

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »

I bet you unfortunately they have a whole series of clauses to prevent suing. Such as a clear warning for wearing glasses and such. Greedy companies always do. While I like the idea of a awesome high powered laser, in lightsaber form? No. In just handle form where they only reason for injury is someone stupid pointing at a living thing, and the laser can go 57 miles without falter and you can see the beam? Yes, but still no to getting hurt, but that is part of the human stupidity.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 06:30:58 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0a5vA-WCfk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0a5vA-WCfk</a>

Above video at 8:50-10:00.  Sums up my reaction to this whole discussion.

Stephen Strange
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -40

The Netherlands, The Hague

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »

The effect you speak of is a rail-guided mirror within the tube. Point the saber down, and the mirror slides down, allowing the light to "grow" in the tube. To retract, point the saber up, shake the mirror loose, and voila! Lights out.

One word comes to mind:  Meh...!

hmm... if the tip holds a strong but small electro magnet on battery with a wireless switch build in on the AV switch of the saber... turn saber on - magnet goes on.. point down... mirror slides up and sticks. Point up and turn saber off.. magnet shuts down immediatly while saber first play down sound and then shuts off the LED.

Shaking the mirror loose from a weak magnet will not hold up in a fight...

¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬(o)█|{███████████████████████████████████████)

Dark War Glaive (BR, Dark Catalyst Pommel)
Guardian (GB, Dark War Glaive Pommel)
Bellicose (CG, Bronze)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0a5vA-WCfk#

Above video at 8:50-10:00.  Sums up my reaction to this whole discussion.

I love those guys.

"I bet ya told Uncle George there would be child safety chips and training schools."

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »

Not a substitute for our US's, but the "hilt" is pretty cool.  I wonder, how would it fare as a defence against a dog or bear attack?  :-O

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »

A neat idea, but putting a laser in a saber would make it the most dangerous weapon in the galaxy... especially for one's eyesight. Neat idea, but I'm glad US didn't agree to help them out. Won't need Galen Marek to turn you into Rahm Kota with this thing. Who needs eyesight anyway?

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 02:02:37 AM »

Stupid thing. Too dangerous for the user to be a replica lightsaber, not dangerous enough for the enemy to be a "real" one. Lasers are a dead end for those who want to have a real lightsaber, folks: research some plasma better.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: