Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: A Guide to Character Creation  (Read 17505 times)
Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 05:52:54 PM »

i dont think i lke what it gave me lol  Grin      FILDA LAEUR

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »

Yeah name picking is pretty rough.  If anyone is looking for a Jedi or Sith name, there are now threads for each of those - one is maintained by the Dark Lord Wraith and the other by Master Artorius Vidnyl (with the help of other Jedi such as... me!).

But back on topic, does anybody have any actual character ideas here?  Kham-Ryn, I like your name.  Do you have a character to go along with it?  Feel free to use the suggestion from the very first post on this thread:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=672.msg6487#msg6487

I'm trying to get my pal Jaanpo to post here, he's working on his character as well.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 06:35:46 PM »

Yeah name picking is pretty rough.  If anyone is looking for a Jedi or Sith name, there are now threads for each of those - one is maintained by the Dark Lord Wraith and the other by Master Artorius Vidnyl (with the help of other Jedi such as... me!).

But back on topic, does anybody have any actual character ideas here?  Kham-Ryn, I like your name.  Do you have a character to go along with it?  Feel free to use the suggestion from the very first post on this thread:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=672.msg6487#msg6487

I'm trying to get my pal Jaanpo to post here, he's working on his character as well.

Kham-Ryn Kurios

Sentinel of the Jedi Order of Coruscant

My motto is "Strength of Will" It's inscribed on my hilt in Aurebesh.
"I am only as strong as my will, all humans have some form of self preservation. I am only as strong as I will myself to be, The Force provides me power and life, it is my Will which controls and channels that power to push me to live beyond the dirt that we tread." - Kham-Ryn Kurios.

I use Vaapad and Niman. As well as Jar'Kai and Trakata.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »

Very nice. May I ask who did your image for you?

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »

Very nice. May I ask who did your image for you?

I found it on Google but it had red hair so I used my Wacom tablet to color it brown. It's not my work though, wish it was but it's not.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »

Well, you did good with the hair anyways. lol Man, I wish my work was that good! I'd probably rate my sketches at about 50% of that quality on average, mainly cause I don't do color often, and then I'm not QUITE that good with clothing effects yet. (the lines and folds in the tunics and whatnot) I always find it adds to the dimension of the character when you have a good image for them. Probably what got me into sketching. lol

I am not a color...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »

Well, you did good with the hair anyways. lol Man, I wish my work was that good! I'd probably rate my sketches at about 50% of that quality on average, mainly cause I don't do color often, and then I'm not QUITE that good with clothing effects yet. (the lines and folds in the tunics and whatnot) I always find it adds to the dimension of the character when you have a good image for them. Probably what got me into sketching. lol

It's very true for my wife and all our friends that play D20 Star Wars, I had them all Google search for and image or draw one so that everyone could imagine what everyone looked like.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »

Well, just for the records of the Character Creation Guide Thread..... I do character sketches on request. lol

I am not a color...

Shalateaus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -20

Outer Rim between Hoth and Dromund -Kaas

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:48 PM »

Grin   really? is that so?

Knickel Plated Redemption SS (Vengeance), Emperor's Hand Emerald Green with DVA Pulse,Overlord SS EG ,Dark Arbiter DVA,sentinel le,Dark Standard issue

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 10:46:46 PM »

As one Jedi would say: 'This is a fact.'  Grin

I am not a color...

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2011, 06:56:21 PM »

So... does anyone know exactly how to get your image from heromachine to the forum? I tried, just got the text. Please help. I'll even give light-side points, tho I'd rather give dark-side points, of course... Wanna cookie?

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »

So... does anyone know exactly how to get your image from heromachine to the forum? I tried, just got the text. Please help. I'll even give light-side points, tho I'd rather give dark-side points, of course... Wanna cookie?

I screen shot it (print screen on a keyboard) and crop and save it as a jpeg using humble paint on the computer, then load it to photobucket.

Mitth_Fisto
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

I'm Shade, and I'm not here to rescue you.

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 05:22:21 AM »

I did the same thing Jammo, worked out fine. Although on my system I had to hit Alt + Print screen

As an aside, I might of someone else giving this idea, but with character names I tend to do two things. I try to rough out the character qualities first. Then I figure out species and if not human I hit up Wookiepedia for the race and read through the names for previously official character from that race over and over. Close your eyes and try to run through it again after the fifth time while trying to lightly push for there to be more then what is there, and see what pops out. Helps if done out loud without others around to think you've gone psycho Wink

Cool Chaos, it's good for business.

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 06:14:41 PM »

Found this thread while digging around bored lol.  Gotta get my character going, I still don't have anything that resembles a uniform really - although I'm thinking something with some dark grey and black.

All I have right now is a Jedi Master named Nero Attoru who wields a green blade and utilizes an elegant form of lightsaber combat which is essentially Form II, while occasionally utilizing the more aggressive Form V.

Nero helped me with character appearance.  my form is form V

CENTER][/CENTER]

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 06:15:40 PM »

Found this thread while digging around bored lol.  Gotta get my character going, I still don't have anything that resembles a uniform really - although I'm thinking something with some dark grey and black.

All I have right now is a Jedi Master named Nero Attoru who wields a green blade and utilizes an elegant form of lightsaber combat which is essentially Form II, while occasionally utilizing the more aggressive Form V.

CENTER][/CENTER]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: