Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Build your own lightsaber"  (Read 8791 times)
Ezio
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 05:23:10 PM »

Yup.  If you wanted to make a setup that has sound, you'd need the following items:

LED module (or MLS unit)
Resistor
Battery pack and speaker (combo will work best)
Switch
Soundboard (Obsidian USB in this case)

O_o Woow, so you were right, building lightsabers is like for pros, I think I will buy one from the website and maybe in the future I can build my own lightsaber  Tongue Thanks. Do you have a lot of lightsabers?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »

O_o Woow, so you were right, building lightsabers is like for pros, I think I will buy one from the website and maybe in the future I can build my own lightsaber  Tongue Thanks. Do you have a lot of lightsabers?

Haha I guess it depends on how you define "a lot."  I have one saber I built myself from MHS parts, as well as several Ultrasabers (you can see them in my signature for the most part).

Ezio
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »

Haha I guess it depends on how you define "a lot."  I have one saber I built myself from MHS parts, as well as several Ultrasabers (you can see them in my signature for the most part).

Cool, a lot of lightsabers Cheesy What are the MHS parts?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »

Cool, a lot of lightsabers Cheesy What are the MHS parts?

MHS stands for "Modular Hilt System".  It refers to a compatibility standard.  These parts (emitters, pommels, bodies) are sold by Ultrasabers as well as The Custom Saber Shop, although only Ultrasabers has the specific parts used in their builds (for instance the Guardian pommels or War Glaive emitters).

Ezio
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »

MHS stands for "Modular Hilt System".  It refers to a compatibility standard.  These parts (emitters, pommels, bodies) are sold by Ultrasabers as well as The Custom Saber Shop, although only Ultrasabers has the specific parts used in their builds (for instance the Guardian pommels or War Glaive emitters).

Maybe in the future I can build my own lightsaber with those parts, but I need to be a pro with all of these things Smiley

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

its not so hard to wire up a lightsaber , the best place to start with this hobby is research LED and voltages, wiring them in parrallel and in series, battery setups and so forth also wouldnt hurt to research switches, learning how to solder is a must it is very simple to learn, No one can just tell u how to build a lightsaber as everyone is different and unique, and alot of people like to mod their sabers, buy either adding windows or accent holes or just adding more LED so its always best to plan out your saber, draw it up decide what kinda LED u want and if u want sound or a stunt. Their are alot of different kinds of wiring setups u can do so my advice search alot of forums and get the knowledge and an idea of what u want to build

Belltower
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

Yesss.. I can feel your anger, gives you focus.

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 12:06:26 AM »

i was going to bring this up a while ago.  I had a saber in mind that would like to build and have US do the electronics for me but figured they probably wouldn't.

"Say what again! Go ahead i dare you."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: