Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Consular and home grown side by side.  (Read 1708 times)
Sercath
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

I like Light-side Points.

« on: May 18, 2012, 10:35:49 PM »

I have a Consular saber with Amethyst purple from UltraSabers since January, but before that I had a simple and very plain but bright blue one made here in the UK, no sound or effects. I replaced its original blade tube with a mid-grade ultra edge recently and found the balance of it a LOT better.
This got me to thinking about modifying it to look a little more interesting. I sketched out some ideas for turning and or milling it, and found someone interested in helping with the machinery side of things. After some tuition I managed to do all the turning on it myself and have also polished the surfaces for added finish.
I present some before and after pics of my own saber design alongside my Consular. Thanks for taking a look Smiley

Together with original tube fitted:

Some diagrams of design idea I did:

Saber, meet lathe. Lathe, saber...:

A few hours and a learning curve later!:

A close up on the most detailed section, recessed at balance point (with ultra edge blade fitted):

Side by side again, having applied some T-cut as polish to the detailed sections.

Note that the finished detailing differs from the design drawings, but this was mostly due to practical limitations of time, skill, and good old fashioned mind changing.

"No, young Padawan. We do NOT use The Force to tug the tails of our fellow students at this academy... Those who have them."

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »

Very nice, modding sabers is always so much fun. Point for you.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »

Would be sweet if Ultra Took that design. Maybe it'll give them some ideas. I like it. On your original saber. Cheesy

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sercath
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:37:42 PM »

Would be sweet if Ultra Took that design. Maybe it'll give them some ideas. I like it. On your original saber. Cheesy

Hehe, well I think they probably have plenty of ideas to work on before something I did would get a look at Smiley. Just set me up with a lathe and plenty of aluminium tube / pipe etc. I could enjoy some prototyping.

"No, young Padawan. We do NOT use The Force to tug the tails of our fellow students at this academy... Those who have them."

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »

Point for you.

I really dig the saber you made.

Simple and elegant.

It's like a SI and an Aeon together.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sercath
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »

Point for you.

I really dig the saber you made.

Simple and elegant.

It's like a SI and an Aeon together.

Woo, thanks Smiley It didn't come out how I originally intended but the way it worked out like this with some improvisation just felt right.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: