Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Qui Gon Saber  (Read 2916 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: February 19, 2011, 03:58:25 AM »

So, after hearing that Hasbro was releasing a Kit Fisto before Qui Gon's lightsaber, I decided I had to act. I had a dark standard issue that I didnt have a vision for. Now, a standard issue has the beveled emitter unlike Qui Gon's but I decided not to let that stop me, and that was the first thing I set out to remedy. I cut a piece of soft plastic pipe that had a few grooves in it and made sure it fit tightly, then added some super glue and wiggled it on down the emitter. The result was that it covered the beveled piece and straightened the emitter, and it didnt look half bad. Obviously if you want to do this though I advise starting from a Dominix. (I think thats the right name for the dark Aeon)

Now, the Qui Gon is a fairly subtle and simple saber. To be honest if I'd done this from an aeon and hadnt needed the pipe piece, I would have only needed six things:

Electrical tape or black paint
Silver duct tape or silver paint
A clear hard plastic circular pad that you put under the legs of furniture, it looks a bit like a small drink coaster and comes from walmart for like 2 bucks in a pack of 4!
Hot glue
Red paint
1 black button

To start out wth, those clear circular pad things? They make GREAT emitter guards. Either drill into the center enough for the blade to come through or go outside and hold a lighter under the center to soften it up, then go to work with a knife, twisting it around and then heating up the center more as needed and cutting more until the blade fits through.

Now, what we need to do is add in the ridged grip section, that's kinda the focal point of the saber. Lay the saber flat on the ground with the activation button facing sideways. Half way between the top (Activation button) and bottom (non activation button side) of the saber, put a strip of electrical tape going from under the activation button all the way back to the cap. Make sure the line is straight and then do the same thing on the opposite side. The top half of the saber should now be bordered by two black strips.  Now get the hot glue gun and, from one black strip to the other, make 12 lines across the top half of the saber from a quarter inch below the activation button all the way down to about  1-2 inches above the pommel cap, make them straight, regularly spaced and let them dry. These will provide your ridges.

Once that's dried, take off your electrical tape markers if you can. If not you'll cover them anyhow so no big deal. Now run strips of electrical tape over your ridges to make them black. Now you basically have the lightsaber made up. You can use strips of silver electrical tape for a silver band at the back of the saber between the pommel cap and your ridges, and then a long one that goes down the bottom of the saber to about 2 inches from the emitter, make sure your silver tape covers the ends of your electrical tape for the ridges section. Cut the duct tape so it's like an arrow - the point should be at the very bottom pointint towards the pomel with the two triangles on either side pointing up and towards the activation button. Finally spray paint your emitter guard we made earlier  to a silver color and add it on to the front, securing with super glue.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 04:03:33 AM »

Pictures, pictures, pictures are what saber forums need when you are explaining  a project, especially in detail. So post some pictures so people can actually see what you are doing, as well as give you feedback.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:10:16 AM by Deep » Logged

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 04:21:19 AM »

Sadly, ultrasabers doesnt sell digital cameras, so I'm a bit slow on getting pics developed and then uploaded. There'll be some pics up soon for sure though, especially of the Ahsoka model I did along with this. That one's really something.

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

DandoKhaan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 7

Vibro Squad Leader

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:59:08 PM »

i would think the easiest saber to di a Qui-Gon saber mod would be a shock. the emitter is already practically identical Wink

Vibro Squad leader, boards are green and weapons are hot

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 07:41:03 AM »

Dunno, mine went pretty easily.

here's the hilt

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:54:52 AM by JdiKnhtJMH » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: