Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raffle Prize - Dark Prophecy V3  (Read 3500 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« on: May 25, 2012, 02:41:58 AM »

Now, as you can see from the title, I am reviewing my May the 4th Raffle prize. I placed third in the draw and was picked to receive a Dark Prophecy V3 in Blazing Red with Obsidian Sound. I received it today from Purolator (I love seeing that truck pull into the driveway). It was strange how things worked out; I ordered my SY MLS unit and it shipped 4 days before my prize was shipped, yet they arrived within 2 days of each other.

***The Hilt***

The first thing I noticed when I pulled the saber out of the box was the sheer weight of the Prophecy. I was surprised at how heavy it was. I mean, my Arbiter is super light and it is a lot longer than the Prophecy, so when I lifted the Prophecy and felt the weight of it, it really stunned me. Now, I know that I'm making it sound like some huge monstrosity that is hard to wield and I certainly don't mean it that way. It is a very steady, durable hilt (which all Ultra Sabers are), but to be so much shorter than the Arbiter yet weigh more, it was unexpected. On a side note, my fiancee found it tiring to use the Prophecy for sparring but was able to use the Arbiter easily. She's not used to sparring...yet lol, but there is a difference. I've got to say though that I really like the weight. It makes it feel more...intimidating. For those who like to know about balance points, I find that the balance point is a couple of inches past the emitter and on the blade itself. Overall, I love the hilt and am really impressed with the Dark Prophecy!

***The Color***

The color, as previously mentioned, is Blazing Red. Now, I have seen BR before as it was the color that my brother's Dominix V3 is, but I've still got to say that it is a brilliant color. For those who follow my posts, you know that I go Jedi all the way, but I like this Dark Prophecy in BR. It really suits it. And before anyone posts it, yes I know that red was a common color in the NJO Tongue My fiancee and I took my Arbiter with SY and the new Dark Prophecy in BR outside tonight to spar a bit and I was really impressed with the colors side by side.

***The Covertec Knob***

I was really surprised to see that the saber came with a Covertec Knob! I wasn't expecting it for some reason. When I use the saber one handed, the knob doesn't get in the way. I have fairly large hands though, so it can be a bit tricky for two handed wielding. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but now I need to order a Covertec Clip! US, you're smart! Give me a Covertec unexpectedly, and then I'll order the clip...and probably some other stuff too to excuse the shipping lol. To review the knob though, it seems very sturdy and it looks to be a part of the hilt rather than an add on. I'm impressed with it, and it was my first Covertec Knob.

***The Sound***

Okay, what more can be said about the incredible Obsidian Soundboard that hasn't already been said? Nothing. I love Obsidian, and all of my sabers have it. All of my sabers (if at all possible) will have Obsidian. I am hooked on that epic sound. It really makes a saber more real. The Dark Prophecy came with the standard "hole in bottom" pommel, and I don't mind it. I thought before that I'd really hate it, but it fits in nicely and isn't quite as open as I thought before. Like everything US makes, it is very durable.

***My Write Up***

The Dark Prophecy V3 with Sound and Blazing Red LED is truly a force to be reckoned with. It is a true weapon of the Star Wars universe, and is perfect for any aspiring Sith or even Jedi that want a different color. I am very impressed with the saber, and as always when it comes to Ultra Sabers products, I couldn't be happier!

And on top of it all, to have won this in the raffle, I am just overwhelmed! Like I said when the raffle came out, I never win anything. Let me tell you a little story about a summer I spent with my grandparents. One day I went to the store and bought a bottle of pop (soda for those who aren't Canadian), and under the cap was an instant win for $10,000. The contest had closed the month before. The next day I got a different bottle of pop (different type and contest too) and won a Mustang! That contest ended 5 days before.

Like I said, I never actually win anything, but to have won an Ultra Sabers raffle and to receive such an incredible prize is so amazing, so wonderful, and so overwhelming. I am so happy! Thank you so much Alex and Emory and everyone at Ultra Sabers and SaberForum! May the Force be with you all!

***The Pics!***

My saber hilts.

All three sabers.

The pommel.

The Covertec Knob.

The Hilt and Accent Hole.

Thanks for looking!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:01:40 AM »

Deserving of a point. nice review and cool saber indeed! congrats Grin

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:23:36 AM »

You are a lucky man! I would love to see that in a SRD Smiley

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »

i was going to get it in SRD actually, on may 4th i logged into the website to order it first thing in the morning....and then got sidetracked by the graflex lol

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »

And before User Name posts it, yes I know that red was a common color in the NJO Tongue

Fixed it Wink

no

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 07:33:45 PM »

I have to say, while my personal values are closer to jedi I would go sith just for the red sabers  Roll Eyes  lol  and the dark prophecy looks really great! point for you!

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 01:12:20 AM »

Fixed it Wink

Oh awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:59:45 AM »

Oh awesome! Can't wait to see it!

See what? I just changed what he said in the part that I quoted, reread my post Cheesy

no

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 03:18:06 AM »

See what? I just changed what he said in the part that I quoted, reread my post Cheesy

It WAS hilarious btw.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 06:21:07 AM »

Nice write up. I think your format for the review is something that should be followed for all reviews. I will write mine just as yours.

Point to you! Thank you for the excellent review!

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: