Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Myers' Designs  (Read 3085 times)
Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -13

Darth Dymyse and Jedi Knight Dylan

« on: May 29, 2012, 11:31:04 PM »

well my high school drafting class finally came in handy, this is the first of many lightsabers im going to design im going to have this one made for sure

it'll be silver and black weathered with a yellow crystal chamber blade and AV switch.

Edit: if you have any ideas for a design i can see if i can draw it up

Dark side points please

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »

Actually, you could probably mod a Dominix V2 to look like that.

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »

Actually, you could probably mod a Dominix V2 to look like that.

ya i suppose i could make a shroud to make it look like that with the emitter and oppening but i dont know how i would make the pommel or crystal chamber.

Dark side points please

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 12:16:25 AM »

Hmm... the pommel would be a bit of a problem.  The crystal chamber could just be a window cut into the emitter of the Dominix though.  It'd be the blade showing through, but with it so close to the emitter, I wouldn't hope for a duel-worthy saber with a full crystal.

Maybe you could do it with a Dominix V3, and swap the pommel out for the TCSS pointed one.  Actually, it would work quite well with the V3, with the exception that you'd be covering the chokes.

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:19:41 AM »

Hmm... the pommel would be a bit of a problem.  The crystal chamber could just be a window cut into the emitter of the Dominix though.  It'd be the blade showing through, but with it so close to the emitter, I wouldn't hope for a duel-worthy saber with a full crystal.

Maybe you could do it with a Dominix V3, and swap the pommel out for the TCSS pointed one.  Actually, it would work quite well with the V3, with the exception that you'd be covering the chokes.

ya your right i may have to move the crystal back under the switch, and the Dominix would have to be cut down im trying to keep under 8" for one handed use

Dark side points please

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:24:57 AM »

Maybe an Initiate then.

If you're willing to do extra work, you could almost put the crystal chamber IN the choke of the Initiate.  With the shroud over it, it'd look ok.

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:17 AM »

you made a very valid point so since i am planning on dueling with this saber i moved the crystal chamber

Dark side points please

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »

also what should i name it?

Dark side points please

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »

Well, I hate being the voice of doom, but that spot won't really work for the chamber either.

If you're planning on having the crystal sit inside the hilt itself, not just underneath the shroud in a choke, you'll have to move it away from the switch.  The switch will all but fill that area of the hilt, coming close enough to the opposite wall of the hilt that there's not much room left over.  To have a full-size chamber, You would have to position it below the switch, or have some sort of extension so that it can sit above the switch while still being below the blade.

It should be called...  Vigil

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 01:16:41 AM »

Damn i was hoping to avoid adding an extension i guess i'll have to stretch it a bit. sounds like a good name tho

Edit: thats why i posted it here all your advice is really helpfull
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:20:24 AM by Infantrymyers » Logged

Dark side points please

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 01:47:20 AM »

Well, it should have room to go underneath the switch, if you don't mind gripping over it.  Are you going to have it open, or try to cover it with plexiglass or something?  If you're covering it, gripping around it wouldn't be much of an issue.

And all you really need for an extension is one choke.  You could probably do it in a Catalyst and it's choke.

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 01:52:44 AM »

Well, it should have room to go underneath the switch, if you don't mind gripping over it.  Are you going to have it open, or try to cover it with plexiglass or something?  If you're covering it, gripping around it wouldn't be much of an issue.

And all you really need for an extension is one choke.  You could probably do it in a Catalyst and it's choke.

ya im working on drawing it with an extension

Dark side points please

Infantrymyers
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 02:15:07 AM »

here it is after i added the choke

Dark side points please

Impediment
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 02:34:58 AM »

Like.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 03:10:39 AM »

Well, I made up your design on the MHS Builder...

...and your saber comes out a fair bit longer than I think you expected, although it's still fairly small.  Enough to be one-handed.  This top one is about 11.75 inches at the tip of the emitter.

While this one is about 9.75 inches at the tip of the emitter.

But to really see what kind of room you're gonna have for the switch and the crystal chamber, look at the internal views:

Remember, with MHS hilts, you can't simply drill holes wherever you want.  You have to be careful not to mess up the threads holding it together.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: