Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: War Glaive Pre-Sale Special  (Read 17072 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« on: February 22, 2011, 07:00:05 AM »

We got word from our machinist that everything is on schedule for the War Glaive.  And to celebrate, we're offering them for pre-sale at a discount with EXTRAS.  Enjoy!

https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Stunt-WarGlaive

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcLf5ZDwho" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Ultra Sabers War Glaive Prototype</a>

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:09:18 AM »

Just in time for tax returns! *Fist Pump*

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:30 AM »

For sure getting this. Give me a week or two *tax returns hurry!*

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Michael
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

A few question have come up while browsing your site... One you mention that the glaive will offered in anodized black for all us dark-sided people but I don't yet see it offered on the site. Secondly the cutaways you mention will they look like the catalyst's emitter if so you got me sold. I was think in ways most devious about buying 2 of these in Blk and with any luck you mention that this saber is mostly MHS compatible which leaves me asking which coupler do would go best. With that crazy thought being put on the table is it possible to give dimension of the saber from choke to just before the pommel? I'm looking to get an idea on how long the mid-part of the staff will be when coupled and also is it possible to have the threading on the sabers and the coupler just right that the glaive's claws be perfectly aligned? Other crazy thoughts came to me while devouring your digital dreams made real were... seeing that your pretty much a paid to order custom shop is it possible to make a negative blade? Ie. instead of using a white polycarbonate or inserting a white tube can one get a black. Also on that note while looking at the "new" photosynthetic red led... "yes I spent the time to read the forums and watch almost all the vids." I notice not at Soul but at Blacklight that there are Blacklight LED's on the market and is it in the realm or the force to maybe get this as a color or light option in the near future?
"Cuz in plain English" a Black light saber emitting a ultraviolet black light making everything not only the blade glow seems pretty cool and I'm surprised / kinda shocked that no one has thought of this yet. Yes I'm looking forward to being as naughty a Sith-Lord as possible. Grin

Shoot me back with a reply to these insane rantings and let me start throwing my money at you in stacks of hundreds to get this vision a reality.

thanks for the great sabers and tube-vids.
Michael =-)

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »

On the staff note. Will the saber be offered as a staff?

LordDesann
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

Is that your friend in the woodchipper?!!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »

Oh my god!!! I just wasted my money on something else rather than pre-ordering an amazing saber AT A DISCOUNT??!! WHAT???!!!  Grin

Frankly payday is this friday, will have to wait and see if a prepaid credit card will fit into the next budget  Roll Eyes

Can't wait to see the real results of this fantastic product-to-be.  Cheesy

Staff Member of East Coast Sabers (Saber Club)
(www.eastcoastsabers.com)

AB Raven
SY Bellicose
FO Overlord
BR Dark Liberator v3

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »

Oboy since I can't link you elsewhere to the lonnnnng discussions in this hobby about black blades Michael just believe me when I tell you we'd all like to have the black crystal in TFU saber looking "negative" blades but this little thing called PHYSICS gets in the way in our real world; there is no colour 'black' in the VISIBLE light spectrum and there are no LIGHT Emitting Diode emitters that emit NON/UN/ANTI-light eh? Wink

As for high powered "blacklight" UV LEDs...well they exist, designed for other uses, but they can be very DANGEROUS to eyesight when focused as tightly as required to reach up our hobby's narrow saber 'blades'...yes some have been made by experts who understand the special safety requirements but they are not suitable for general audiences.

*paraphrasing Santa in "A Christmas Story"*

"...you'll burn your retina out Padawan..."

Personally I wouldnt go near a UV saber...and they don't look black anyway but rather a not terribly bright purple...I doubt you'll see Ultra offer it...but hey if you are willing to throw"stacks" of Benjamins at him who knows eh...still won't be black "negative" blade...*in Scotty voice* money canna change the laws of physics capn...

I don't want to sound like Buzz Killington but...reality bites and it bites "black blades" HARD

And this is the PRE-production model presale so all the other hilt colour options that have been discussed would be likely to come sometime after the official launch of the production model March 8...thats why you dont see those options on Ultra's site now eh?

They'll surely be cool though...then again so is this deal...decisions decisions eh?

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »

Oh wow. Guess who just happens to have a ton of reward points I can cash in to knock the price of this saber down for me even more?! Yep, ME!

Just curious, what is the quick disconnet mentioned on the ordering page?

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

ArasVao
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »

Oh man, this is so awesome.
And it makes my decision more difficult when it comes to ordering.  Shocked

Shock LE - Consular Green

Michael
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 05:39:29 PM »

In response to the question ask about the quick disconnect it is in reference to the MLS or Modular LED System... right I mean I spent a good time on this site reading up and down and left and right and I think I'm right when I say this. I love the idea that it the original led color choice comes with the quick dis option as the other MLS colors are only $35.00USD and with a little down time it would allow one to change color almost on the fly. But nothing beats flipping a button or two like on a RGB version.

I'm wondering if the RGB will also be in MLS format and allow for the quick dis option... probably not seeing that the housing requires 3 buttons rather than one. That being said you also get 6 color combinations out of the RGB and that should hold ya. I think I'm gonna hold off until the anodize black becomes available.

On a side note I would like to offer a few ideas as far as the claws go!! I'm thinking of doing a lil' DIY work!!! Linking the claws together with another ring that will act as a secondary support to add another place for a blade retention screw. You know the saying 2 screws are better than one. =-) Never having purchase a saber from you guys... it is a huge fear of mine that one day while swinging away the blade comes flying off doing damage to anyone / thing. I have a lil one in the house and she is very good about being in the wrong spot at the right time.  Cry

Other than that ideas for claw designs would be kinda far out there from blades "I know not very kid safe but very kool" to force lightening bolts, and well of course flames. The later two looking better as overlaps that extend over the emitter and saber proper rather sticking up and out thus getting caught on things and getting in the way of twirls and spins.

If I were to get two of these glaives as they stand I would most likely do some Dremel work on the mid-staff section. In the hopes of recreating and making it look like the Jedi Consular's staff from a lil game called Star Wars the Old Republic (SWOR): Hope trailer http://www.youtube.com/user/redrancor#p/u/46/QvxQP08jLEE ... Check it out on U-tube if you guys haven't already.

Grin I'm so pumped waiting for this game to drop that actually all my hunting for more info on it lead me here and I happy it did.  Grin
I would love to have both the game and a saber when the time comes the force willing. =-)

Michael, saber spinning force-wielding sword for higher.

Oh man just had yet another random thought any way one can get/make an off-hand light saber not in this scheme small enuff that it is more like a dagger but bigger than say Peter Griffin's cheese slicer... lol  Tongue Cheesy Grin Tongue Cheesy Grin

....any credits for the Family Guy reference?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:48:01 PM by Michael » Logged

Michael
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 05:59:36 PM »

Ooops just realized that the RGB color option is at this time well not an option! DOH =-S So once again I'll try to be as patient as one Sith can be and wait till this lil beauty gets corrupted and bends to my will!!!!  Tongue

Oh and please don't forget the flames idea....

...like the infamous cowbell you can't have enuff flames! I've got a fever and I need me some more cowbell...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">CowBell</a>
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:04:25 PM by Michael » Logged

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:52:59 PM »

I thought the saber was already MHS compatible. It seems like the quick disconnect option is different since it's a selectable feature when ordering.
I could be completely wrong.

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

darthgreth
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:49 AM »

If we pre-order does it come with the other things talked about in the video or is it as it is in the pic.  Can we pic between black and silver or just silver. Sorry if these are dumb questions lol.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:06 AM »

MHS is different from MLS. MHS makes the saber compatible with TCSS parts. MLS gives the saber the option to switch out the LED inside the hilt.

As for the design, we haven't seen the final product yet. So it will be slightly different then what we have seen. It will be offered in black I believe, just not sure when.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 04:39:31 AM »

This saber comes installed with an MLS unit AND (meaning both are true) it's MHS compatible.

This presale special is for the all silver version (seen in pics).  A black version will be available in the future, but it's still in the works and won't be available for weeks after this version releases.

This presale is a great opportunity to get your hands on one of these babies at a discount and with some free extras.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: