Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Full tutorial of how to wire a ultimate fx Qui-Gon soundcard into an ultrasaber  (Read 73315 times)
Dettam
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 09:34:52 PM »

sorry the speaker is 1.315 inches in diameter, and .520 inches high. You can "trim" some plastic off the side to get to about 1.225 in diameter. little different.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 05:27:08 AM »

So if I wanted, I could do a Consular Green single color led and AA battery set up with no resistor or anything? I want to try this out. Though would the Ultimate-FX Anakin board work good? There isn't anymore Qui-gons as of late. Thanks. I do have a Luke Ultimate-FX. Had to get one. Tongue Can't go wrong with the classics.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »

Well the only battery packs I have seen with a speaker mounted on it are either AAA or the Li-lon, if you could find a AA, well I don't know. Anyway I haven't restored any of my sabers, and yes I have used the Anakin sound board and it works just fine. The only reason I suggest the Qui-Gon is because the sound board is shaped different in all the different sabers and the Qui-Gon is the narrowest of the bunch. What ever you do though don't use a Vader. It's divided into two sound boards one to control the clash and one to control the hum/on off. It's a big pain in the butt to install. The Anakin works great and I have never tried the Luke so I don't know how that would work out.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

MrJediMan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »

So, lemme get this Straight. Can I use this on My Initiate V2? Cus I have an Anakin Ultimate FX, with really no more use except the Sound board.

(Not a real SWTOR character)
Light side pointsh pleashe

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 05:46:57 PM »

Well MrJediMan yes and no, the speaker/battery combo packs that ultra sells will not fit into any of the V2 sabers, however with parts from other places and with a Grand Master of cram-fu doing the install then yes it should be possible. However it is easily done on any of the V3's or the high end sabers. So say buy a grab bag and get a Liberator V3, then yes it is more than doable, but with the V2 initiate like I said its a yes and no.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

MrJediMan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »

I see... Well I have been Planning on Getting a new saber. but I'm also saving for a new laptop, AND stuff for Cosplay. But atleast now I have a good soundcard. Thanks Though!

(Not a real SWTOR character)
Light side pointsh pleashe

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 07:30:52 AM »

Do you know if the Anakin or Vader sabers can be used for their soundcards?

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »

Woops nevermind question already answered lol

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 10:17:06 PM »

One comment I might add is to leave one of the original LEDs still attached to the soundcard bit until you're all finished wiring. This helps a lot with testing because it lets you know if the power is on, etc. I've also discovered that the circuit appears to be able to light the Luxeon LED as well as one of the original LEDs at the same time, so that's an option that could allow one to create something like a ghetto crystal focus, or something of that sort. Any ideas?

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 04:06:50 AM »

I loved the videos.  This has to be hands down the very best how to tutorial I have seen thus far.  To keep from burning yourself with a lighter, I have found that some of the older model hair dryers work wonders for shrink tube.  If you can find a hobby store that provides supplies for Card Stocking, you can get a nice hand held model that works wonders.  Just don't mind the colors as they are usually pink or light purple. 

For heat shrinking, especially smaller shrink, I just use my soldering iron actually. I run it underneath it, but obviously do not touch the heat shrink or it can damage it. But just running it fairly close usually does the job. Hair dryers also work great, but I try to keep my work area as clean of extra tools as possible, especially ones with cords since I have an unlucky tendancy of dragging a cord across something and knocking it off of my desk.

Kitaaaa
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 02:40:59 AM »

I bought and tore apart an Anakin UFX today.
Not that Big Andy needs to be confirmed, but the guts are practically identical to the Qui-Gon one. The only differences are the larger momentary switch (possibly useful for graflex-style activation boxes?) and the fact that the motion sensor is a little (3 mm, maybe?) further bladewise down the LED PCB, so it seems like the Anakin is a good substitute.

Since I don't have my saber yet (tomorrow!), I just skipped to the last video to see it in action after gutting the UFX. It was hard to tell from the end of your video Andy, but does the flash-on-clash function still work when wired to a Luxeon, or is the soundboard just spliced in providing only sound and no LED control?

Also, I should note that, for those in a hurry to do this mod, you can just unscrew the white plastic base (where the contacts are) of the stock plastic toggle switches, then remove only the small translucent white cylinder inside. That'll convert your toggle to a momentary. The contact holder is kinda fragile though. Mine broke as if it were glued on. Be careful and keep superglue handy if you want to try this.

Wolfknight
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 58

Wulffe Frosthunter Corellian Jedi

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 02:40:00 AM »

So this mod works with Qui-Gon and Anakin fx. The only sabers I have seen at my wally mart latley are Luke ROTJ and Vader. Does anybody know if this mod will work with a Luke fx? If not I suppose I could shop online or see if I can order a Qui-Gon.

I am a leaf upon the wind.....watch how I soar

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 03:16:08 AM »

So this mod works with Qui-Gon and Anakin fx. The only sabers I have seen at my wally mart latley are Luke ROTJ and Vader. Does anybody know if this mod will work with a Luke fx? If not I suppose I could shop online or see if I can order a Qui-Gon.

It might look quite different from the qui - gon, but like the MR versions, and speaking from an electronics standpoint, they should all be the same, this is just the only ultimate fx tutorial I know of, aside from a few Anakin versions ive seen on youtube or elsewhere, and vader too I think. You cold gut one and see what you find though Smiley

Ive had strong urges to gut an anakin or vader just to see if I could figure it out myself

bruzer79
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 03:08:43 AM »

Just chiming in to say thanks for the bad ass tutorial. I "happened" to stop by walmart to see what UFXs' they had and left empty handed. Perhaps I can get an anakin or qui gon in my possession prior to my grabbag arriving later this week. Points for you.

swords4two
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 93

Fear offers the man nothing!

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »

Dude you rock I just found one at the store!

A life half lived is not a life lived at all.
Fear offers the man Nothing.

Maticore, SY Obsidian
Phantasm Initiate CG Obsidian
Overlord AS Obsidian
Overlord AS stunt
Crimson Reaper FO
Malice BR stunt
Dark Monarch VA stunt
Dominix LE GB stunt
Aeon CG stunt

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print