Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven and Grab bag review!! (Pic heavy)  (Read 2660 times)
RozenRyder
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« on: June 08, 2012, 09:34:49 PM »

I ordered a SS Raven with AS blade, Obsidian sound, Li on set up, and blade plug

I fell in love with it right out of the box

Lets light this baby up!!

Its beautiful!!
The silver and black really make this saber stand out. There are a few scuff marks on the emitter tho, nothing really big tho.
The hilt is longer then I would like it to be. When I chain it up I wont really be able to carry it on my belt. (Testing this, it fell past my knees)
But what really draws attention to this blade is the claws, Amazingly done. Not a single scratch or manufacture markings
and It does but the center of weight right at the emitter where I like it.
The blade color is amazing, didn't think I would be to attracted to silver so I ordered some color disks. I might just forget about the color disks and stick with the silver its really bright!

Next up is my grab bag

As you can see I got a red Liberator (Least thats what I think it is)
and I asked myself the same question anyone who orders a grab bag. "What blade color is it?"
Well well well

Guardian Blue baby woo!!!
This is an amazing grab bag!!
The hilt is just awe inspiring, the red with the silver really make it look heroic! (I dont see red as "Evil" or "Blood and fire" deal. I see it as a more heroic color(Blame DMC for this))
and the Blue blade really does complent the hilt really well, and bright  Shocked
Kinda sad that this is a gift for my Dad, kinda want to keep it  Cry

Now then as ratings go
RAVEN
Hilt- 9/10 - Amazingly done. No rattle, No shaking, very sturdy and beautiful. Tho I gotta take a point off for the scuffs.
Blade - 10/10- Better then I was hoping for. Silver might be my new main color!!
Sound- 10/10- Obsidian done it again, cant find a single issue with it

Liberator (Grab bag)
Hilt-10/10 - Nothing wrong with it, and I love the red color of it
Blade - 10/10 - Never thought I would like Blue as a blade color, I like being unique and Blue being a mainstream color but screw being diffrent its an amazing color!!
Sound - N/A - Its a grab bag....no sound  Grin

Overall?
LOVE IT!!!

And some bonus pics for ya

All three of my blades from left to right (Initiate v3 LE BO, SS Raven AS, Red Liberator GB)

Heres a shot of the pommels as you can see I did mod my Initiate with a chain. Dont know why but I love chains on the end of my weapons .-.

And heres some pics of me with my new tools

Initiate v3 LE - Blazing Star
SSRaven - Final Spark

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »

oddly enough, the photo with the initiate is making me want an initiate now

i always pictured them as being shorter sabers lol, didnt realise they were nearly as long as the libbys

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »

oddly enough, the photo with the initiate is making me want an initiate now

i always pictured them as being shorter sabers lol, didnt realise they were nearly as long as the libbys

Remember that the initiate shown in the pics is a v3 while the red liberator is a v2 so the initiate is going to be bigger due to its increased diameter and added pommel. An initiate v2 in comparison to a v2 liberator  is indeed smaller. The same when comparing a v3 initiate and a v3 liberator.

Also great pics rozen good choice of sabers  Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »

Very nice.  I'm looking forward to getting a grab bag because every pic i've seen of people's grab bags are pretty awesome.  I'm with you on the red.  For me, i blame it on Trigun, especially because of the reasons the character picked the color.  Got worried about the size of the Initiates because i ordered my kid one but then i remembered i ordered my kid a V2.  Though now i'm thinking about getting an Initiate V3 for myself now.  Darn, why do i keep looking at this forum?!   Grin

But again, great pics, and very nice lookin sabers.  Enjoy!

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

RozenRyder
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 12:40:10 AM »

Sweet another Trigun fan!!

I am really happy with the blade lengths tho, With my Initiates being 24 inch and my Raven being 36 I feel as tho I can wield them as a daisho set
Tho its going to be hard to one hand the Raven  Wink

Initiate v3 LE - Blazing Star
SSRaven - Final Spark

MajinKnux
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

I...am the solution

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »

I just can't get over how epic that AS looks on the Raven. Well played, mate.

"The point is not to bear suffering in stoic resignation, but to seek it out; for it offers an opportunity to test and display prowess."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: