Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Guardian or Arctic?  (Read 2516 times)
Darth Luran
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -1

« on: February 22, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »

I received an Anakin ROTS fx over the holidays and have been meaning to get it converted. But since then Ultrasabers has added the Arctic blue color to their list. I would like it to have the color of Luke's from ANH and I see that the color in ROTS is a bit darker than ANH .

What do you think is the better color for an Anakin/Luke?

[((____(_____(o___([[.....................Liberator Staff........................

[((____(_____(o___([[.....................Liberator Staff........................

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:53:26 PM »

Arctic. If you like the Original Trilogy shade of blue, go with Arctic. I've only seen photos, but it looks spot on to the original color.  Grin of course, I'm a HUGE OT fan, so I could be a TAD bit biased here. LOL But yes, you want it to look like Luke's in ANH, then you probably want Arctic. I have a Guardian SI, and I can tell you it's a great saber... but it doesn't look like the ANH blue by any means.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »

Arctic Blue, no doubt.

Darth Luran
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »

I'm also a huge original trilogy fan and I was going for the ANH look. Thanks everybody!
I figured the Guardian was too dark for a Luke ANH.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:38:28 AM »

Get it in Sunrider's Destiny, so it looks like Luke training on the Millenium Falken.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:21:05 AM »

Yeah, either Sun Rider's Destiny or Arctic Blue, basically the difference is a greener hue. It seems that lightsabers over time loose their intensity (look at elders in clone wars or compare both Obi-wan and Anakin's sabers from Ep. III to Ep. IV) so if Anakin started out with a 'Guardian Blue' color it would have diminished into an Arctic Blue by the time Luke got a hold of it. 

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

Darth Luran
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:28:35 AM »

I didn't really like the greener hue of SRD(for an Anakin/Luke) and Arctic is growing on me, so prob going for that.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 12:04:06 AM »

There are very few points in the movie where there is any greenish hue to Luke's saber. Arctic will be recognized for Luke pretty quick by anybody who sees it.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: